JRTokey's First Grow - Soil - CFL - White Widow & Blue Kush - 2017

JRTokey

Started growing 3 white widow autos and one blue cush auto on December 15 2016!
Currently the blue cush has entered flowering stage (pistol pictures below) and the white widows are still in veg. The room is starting to get a nice sweet smell can't wait for that to strengthen :yummy:. The blue kush just started showing signs of flowering yesterday (I am making assumptions that pistols appearing means the start of flowering. I am a complete noob).

Growing Medium
All 4 plants are in 1 gallon containers of mostly earthworm castings with a very very small amount of miracle grow. Was very limited in options because of the winter season.

Lighting
1 x 125w 6500K CFL
1 x 125w 2400K CFL
1 x 24w LED Grow Light

Feedings
Water every 3-4 days when soil is completely dry about up to the middle of my index finger.
Every other feeding I use nutes.

Veg Nutes
2tsp/2lt General Hydroponics Floragrow
1tsp/2lt General Hydroponics Floramicro
1tsp/2lt Tiger Bloom

Pre-Flower Nutes
Right when I would have done a pre-flower feeding one of my plants showed very slight signs of over fertilization. As a result this feeding ended a water feeding followed by a feeding of only 2tsp/2lt of Tiger Bloom as the first plant started showing it's pistols so I wanted to get some of the nutrients it would need for this stage in there.

My next feeding for the Cush will be .5tsp/2lt floragrow, 1tsp/2lt floramicro, and 2tsp/2lt tiger bloom.
For the white widows which have not started flowering yet but should be close I will feed 1tsp/2lt floragrow, 1tsp/2lt floramicro, and 1.5tsp/2lt tiger bloom

Every time I water I am giving the plants 1 dixie cup of water (probably about 3 cups). I did have an issue early on with over watering and as a result have been fighting back a small amount of surface mold growth in one of the plants soil with success. Watering less, and the occasional scooping of soil has kept it at bay.

Early on I made a noob mistake of thinking the grow space needed to be much warmer than it does I know keep the grow area around 66-68 degrees and have seen much faster plant growth since this change. I think I cause nutrient lockout early on and would have much larger plants had I not done this.

Lets get to the pics!

The Garden!
IMG_027247.jpg

Blue Cush
IMG_028050.jpg

White Widow
IMG_027956.jpg

Failed Top on one of the White Widows. Off thing is it kind of worked the offshoots are behaving like I would expect it to after topping but the center is regrowing. Bonus or problem?
IMG_027857.jpg

Successful top on another White Widow
IMG_027551.jpg

First Pistols on the Blue Cush
IMG_027454.jpg

Small plants but considering I'm probably only 125w effective using the two different color bulbs and the mistakes I made I am happy with the results so far. Started germing a White Widow regular seed to clone the next batch which I plan on putting under a 600-1000w MH/HPS if funds allow. Anyone have any thoughts on the one white widow which is much less bushy than the others or have any tips that might enhance this or future grows? :thanks:

re: JRTokey's First Grow - Soil - CFL - White Widow & Blue Kush - 2017

Not sure I can add much to help but I'm sure there are others that will chime in. Will be watching this grow! Good job.

Nice little surprise, I wonder if you'll have 3 tops... Hmm...

DesertStoner9's First Grow - Amnesia Haze

It's not a problem at all its just a fim instead of top fim standard for Fuck I Missed but your good no worries

Thanks for the info Levi!

Ordered a 4' X 4' x 7' tent and a 600w HPS / MH light today :circle-of-love:

Looks like these are getting a new home Friday night after they arrive.

Fimming is great now you have your original stalk and topped so two lateral branches growing at the same time. It's a good thing, you'll get a much higher yield

Sent from my Robin using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I get the feeling it won't do to much for me this time around. I did it pretty late in the veg stage and these are auto's which I have read are bad to top. I wanted to do it to two of my first plants so I would know what it would look like before my second grow though. Pretty happy I accidentally discovered fimming now I can compare the 3 white widows at the end one untouched, one fimmed, and one topped. Should give me a good idea of what to do for the next batch.

Moved the 4 auto's to a new home today. 4'x4'x7' tent with a 600w HPS on 12/12 lighting. Also planted a regular White Widow earlier in the week to use as a mother for the next batch. 3 days into week 4 and the garden is still looking nice and healthy :)

Tent

The plant I topped seems to be a sativa dominant phenotype of the White Widow strain I planted. Started to look a little fragile and lanky so I tied it up to a bamboo stick.

Fimmed plant isn't growing in as nicely as the top but it's hard to tell if it has anything to do with FIM vs Topping as the properties of the plant itself are short and bushy like the others.

Now I am working on getting consistent temps in the new environment. Definitely keeping my room nice and warm during the day. Need to get a space heater to properly adjust the temp over night. During the day the temp is consistently 68-70, in the tent the room feels much warmer. I have had to crack the window a few times to keep cool in here.

I get the feeling it won't do to much for me this time around. I did it pretty late in the veg stage and these are auto's which I have read are bad to top. I wanted to do it to two of my first plants so I would know what it would look like before my second grow though. Pretty happy I accidentally discovered fimming now I can compare the 3 white widows at the end one untouched, one fimmed, and one topped. Should give me a good idea of what to do for the next batch.
Autos are great to top! Checkout people cutting at 3rd or 4th node. I am newb to this and just finishing my second batch :) had to top one that was shooting up like 20 cm taller than the others and it turned out really well, could probably have yielded more if I would have topped much sooner but still hally with the results so far! :)

420-magazine-mobile1989878907.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

8.5 weeks in here are some new photos

IMG_056743.jpg

IMG_056543.jpg

IMG_056443.jpg

IMG_056341.jpg

IMG_056144.jpg

IMG_056046.jpg

IMG_055756.jpg

Blueberry kush seems like it will be ready before the 3 white widows. Some of the hairs are starting to turn orange and curl and the buds on this are noticeably larger than the other 3 plants. I think I have another month to go on the white widows probably another 2-3 weeks on the kush... I am just guessing though. Holding off on flushing until I see more of the hairs curled.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom