Db003's Black Valium Auto - Ancient Haze Auto 600w Air Cooled Grow 2x4 Growlab Tent

db003

Hello everyone I'm db003 and I am starting a new grow this will be the first grow of 2017 in this grow I will be growing 4 autoflowers 2 of each strain in my new grow tent with my new 600w hps with a air cooled reflector with coco in 3 gallon fabric pots and I will be using a emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series I got a while back at a hydro store opening

the seeds I will be using are tester autoflower seeds that were sent to me by critical mass collective seeds they are a collaboration between critical mass collective and top shelf elite

the two strains I will be growing are ANCIENT HAZE AUTO and BLACK VALIUM AUTO I dont have any other info on these seeds beside what they are crossed with since they are unreleased strains but they sound great

ANCIENT HAZE AUTO is a cross of Old Timer Haze X Destroyer X Super Silver Haze

BLACK VALIUM AUTO is a cross of Ortega Indica X G13 X Shiva Skunk X Northern Lights

this will be my first time using emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series so I will use about half of what they say to use since these are autoflowers and tend to be a bit sensitive to nutes some times

here is some info about my grow space

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? germinating

If in Veg... For how long? started germination today

Indoor or outdoor? indoor grow tent

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room – GL80L The Grow Lab GL80L is perfect for a veg room or small flowering room. Specifications: Perfect for holding one 2′ x 4′ tray, this room works great with one 400 or 600 watt lighting system, or a 4′ T5 fluorescent lighting system (an 8 lamp fixture works best). Material: Interior: reflective silver film Exterior: waterproof black canvas Recommended lighting: 250 or 400 watt HPS or T5 fluorescent system Dimensions: Assembled: 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall / 31.5″ x 59″ x 70.8″ tall / 80 x 150 x 200cm Ports: Exhaust: (5) – 5″ / 127mm (port adjusts to fit smaller-diameter ducting and equipment as well) Cord access: (2) – 4″ / 101mm Miscellaneous: Intake windows: 3 Doors: 1

Soil or Hydro? pure coco coir

what is in your mix? I am using California substrates coco coir only no additives no soil amendments

What size pot? three gallon fabric pots

Size of light? 600w ballast with a air cooled reflector

Temp of Room/cab? highs are 86F and lows are 66f

RH of Room/cab highs are 56% and lows are 36%

Any Pests ? not yet

ventilation ? ventech 4 inch inline fan with 4 inch carbon filter and a ventech fan speed controller and a ventech 4 inch inline fan connected to the air cooled reflector with a hydro farm fan speed controller also 2 small fans to keep air moving and a 4 inch duct booster fan that I use as a active air intake

How often are you watering? every few days when they get bigger right now just keeping the soil moist until they get bigger

this will be my first grow with a hps system all my other grows have been with mars hydro led lights I still have all my led panels I just wanted to give hps a shot

this is also a brand new tent and will be my first grow in it its a GrowLab gl80l tent its size is 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall my old tent size was 32" inch wide x 32" inch deep x 63" inch tall I grew 2 plants in that size tent in a scrog so I will be doing 4 plants in this tent most likely in a scrog too

some info about my 600w system the ballast is a 600w quantum II ballast from hydro farm the reflector is a flow master 6" Air Cool Reflector W/Ceramic Socket the size is 22 x 20 x 9 I will be starting with a metal halide bulb the bulb is a Xtrasun 600 watt Metal Halide Pulse Start Bulb Lamp (7200K) for flower I have a 600w ipower hps bulb

first thing is I added another 4 inch duct fan so now I have my carbon filter extraction and the air cooled reflector set up separate with there own 4 inch duct fans the air cooled reflector will be pulling air directly from my room and blowing air over the light and out a window

I chose to place the duct fan before the reflector and blow air over the light and out the window so that it will have positive pressure inside the tent that way if there are any air leaks from the duct hoses or reflector it will be taken care of by my carbon filter extraction system and blowing air is also less stressful to the fan in the long run

next is simple I just setup the carbon filter with the 4 inch duct fan and ran ducting to the top of the tent and out a window both the carbon filter fan and the fan for the air cooled reflector have a fan speed controller

I have a power strip box hooked up to the 24 hour timer so I could have the ballast and duct fan for the air cooled reflector turn off and on at the same time that way I dont have the duct fan for the air cooled hood running 24/7 when it does not need to be save me on electricity

the carbon filter extraction fan is on a separate power strip so it will be running 24/7 and the 2 clip fans and the 4 inch duct booster fan at the bottom of the tent that is my active air intake will also be running 24/7

the only thing I need to do is clip off some of the excess ducting from one of the sides of the air cooled reflector I just wanted to wait and see how low I need the light before I make the final decision its better to have too much ducting then not enough

I also want to get some more ducting later so I could pull air from the window for the air cooled reflector I am just a bit worried that since I run my lights at night and that it might bring in cool moist air from outside and that would not be safe for the light

0042813.JPG
0062346.JPG
0072188.JPG
0081975.JPG
0111416.JPG
0131144.JPG
00048.JPG
0013248.JPG
0023143.JPG
0033012.JPG
0052637.JPG
0042810.JPG
0062343.JPG
0081973.JPG
0091774.JPG
0101612.JPG
0111415.JPG
0121260.JPG
0131140.JPG
015920.JPG

Re: Db003's Black Valium Auto - Ancient Haze Auto 600w Air Cooled Grow 2x4 Growlab Te

not weed related but I would like to share anyway I recently started looking into fermented foods and drinks so I wanted to give it a shot

just started my first ever batch of fermented garlic honey! I used 10 whole garlic cloves and boy let me tell you I never knew it was such a pain to peel garlic since I have never done it before after it was all peeled I cut the ends off the garlic and cut some of the bigger cloves in half

then I poured a bit more then a half of a 32oz bottle of aunt sues raw wild natural honey it says its 100% pure unfiltered honey now all I have to do is turn and burb it every day for about a month

0042815.JPG
0072189.JPG
0091776.JPG
0101613.JPG

Re: Db003's Black Valium Auto - Ancient Haze Auto 600w Air Cooled Grow 2x4 Growlab Te

I had a bunch of fresh ginger I got yesterday and did a little experiment with some of it I took some rice vinegar I had in the fridge already and some honey I had left over from making my fermented garlic honey yesterday and Himalayan pink sea salt that was in my cabinet and made a simple pickled ginger

peeled the skin off the ginger with the back of a metal spoon it is a lot easier to peel ginger with a spoon then the potato peeler lol and sliced it with a potato peeler as best as I could added the rice vinegar about 2 tablespoons of honey and some of the Himalayan pink sea salt and will let it sit in the refrigerator and see how it tastes after a few days this is my first time making it and have no idea what I am doing hahaha so if it comes out good great if it its ok still

the jar I used was one of the jars I used to cure buds in so it a bit of kief from the buds in it so win win

0023150.JPG
0042817.JPG
0052641.JPG
0062347.JPG
0072190.JPG
0081976.JPG

hello everyone this will be my first update for my Black Valium Auto testers and Ancient Haze Auto testers from top shelf elite with my 600w Air Cooled reflector in my 2x4 GrowLab Tent this will be my first grow with a air cooled light I have grown for about 2 years or so with led only so I am excited to see how it comes out

I just planted all 4 of my autos in there pots they are all planted in 3 gallon fabric pots in pure coco the pots are used and have a bit of build up on them but there were hand washed and hang dried so they are fine

I soaked the coco before I planted the seeds I used 6 gallons of water and made sure they all got a lot of run off on all the pots and let them sit for about 5 minutes to drain

the water I used had some emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 1ml per gallon of water and 1m of house and garden roots excelurator gold per gallon of water it was all ph. to 6.0 with botanicare ph. down and I calibrated my Oakton ph.2 meter before I ph. the water so I would get a accurate measurement

after that I put some clear plastic bags over the tops of the pots to keep the moister in so the top of the coco does not dry out before the seedlings sprout once they do in a day or two I will call that day 1 from sprout

0013254.JPG
0023151.JPG
0033019.JPG
0042818.JPG
0052642.JPG
0062348.JPG
0072191.JPG
0091777.JPG
0101614.JPG

time to make some cannabis infused coconut oil for edibles! its been what feels like forever since I made some cannabis infused coconut oil last time I did it my family was like dam it smells too strong and crap but there all gone shopping so its time to bake! keep in mind that it does smell strong at times that's no lie so if you are trying to keep it on the low wait till you have a day alone

I used all the trim I had from my plants from my last couple harvests its all mostly tiny buds and frosty sugar trim but I little bit of it was fan leaves but very little I asked one of my friends to put my trim in a jar and they did not understand and put some of the fan leaves in there too but its ok but try and use only bud or frosty trim if you can

I weighted the trim and it came out to 62 grams give or take a few grams I then placed it all in a large turkey oven bag and put that in a Pyrex dish

I decarboxylated the trim at 280 for 10 minutes since I did not preheat the over first and turned it down to the lowest setting for another 15 to 20 minutes not sure the exact temperature since my oven is very old and the temp and the numbers are worn off it might have been a bit higher lol but I kept a eye on it

I let the trim sit in the oven for about 10 or 15 minutes to cool off in the over bag once that was done I crunched up the trim still in the bag as best as I could and placed it in my crock pot

I used 14 fluid ounce jar of simple truth organic refined coconut oil for the whole batch mine was a still a bit solid so I took the lid off of the jar and placed it in the microwave for a minute and it was all melted make sure to keep a eye on it since not all microwaves are the same

I then poured all the oil in the crock pot with the trim and turned it on the high setting on my crock pot for the first ten minutes to get it warmed up but that's it and then turned it on low for the remained of the proses and that's it now all I have to do is wait for 3 hours for it to cook and let it cool and strain it with some cheese cloth

mine is still cooking I will strain it later and post pics when its done I will be using mine to make edibles but I also plan to set some of it aside to make some cannabis coconut oil pills once I get some empty capsules

lets sum it all up

I use 62 grams of trim I decarboxylated on lowest setting for 30 minutes in a turkey bag in the oven

I used a 14 oz. jar of refined coconut oil for all 62 grams of trim you can use less if you are using bud instead of trim

add decarboxylated trim and refined coconut oil to crock pot for 3 hours on low let cool after cooking and strain

00075.JPG
0042824.JPG
0062353.JPG
0072194.JPG
0081979.JPG
0091778.JPG
0101615.JPG
0111417.JPG
0121261.JPG
0131145.JPG
0141028.JPG

cannabis infused coconut oil is done! I turned it off a little bit ago to cool some but not too cool I used the 25 micron purify filter bag I got a while back in a contest I won

I strained it first to a large dish and squeezed the hell out of it to get as much as I could then transferred it to the original glass jar the coconut oil was in as expected there was some loss of oil from the oil soaked trim but its all good I made this batch for potency not quantity so no big deal

0141028.JPG

015922.JPG
016862.JPG
017780.JPG
018691.JPG
019599.JPG

all my seeds have sprouted and got there first watering today!

ok in this watering I gave them emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 1ml per gallon of water ph. to 5.8 I gave them just enough water to get the pots soaked

I also gave some Cheshire grin liquid worm castings to only 2 of the 4 autos I gave it to one of the black valium autos and one of the ancient haze Autos the other 2 autos will no be getting any so I can do a side by side comparison the ones that got it got a dose of 1 tsp directly to the base of the plant after I watered them

looks like one of the cotyledon leaves on one of the black valium sprouts got broke off when it was breaking ground but looks fine just have to wait and see but I am pretty sure it will be fine

since all the seeds broke ground last night I will call today day #1 from sprout

0023159.JPG
0033028.JPG
0042828.JPG
0052650.JPG
0072196.JPG
0081981.JPG
0111418.JPG
0131146.JPG

I got my empty "00" Vegetable capsules today in the mail so I could make cannabis coconut oil capsules I made a few just to test out once I get my capsule filling machine I will make some more and do some more testing... lol

0042834.JPG

looks like you have been busy :thumb:
I blogged your oil post. Thank you

Also, if you want to kill off the cooking weeds smell, just place a pot with water on the stove and add cinnamon,cloves in it and boil it up. Let it simmer as you cook the weed..adding water as needed in the cinnamon.clover tea..

looks like you have been busy :thumb:
I blogged your oil post. Thank you

Also, if you want to kill off the cooking weeds smell, just place a pot with water on the stove and add cinnamon,cloves in it and boil it up. Let it simmer as you cook the weed..adding water as needed in the cinnamon.clover tea..

thanks for making it a blog post I would have never thought of that lol and thanks got the great tips I will keep that in mind next time

time for a watering update ok in this watering I gave them emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 1ml per gallon of water ph. to 5.9 I gave them just enough water to get the pots soaked

I plan to bump up the nutes to 2ml per gallon after week 1 I also lowered the light some it was jacked up way to the top of the tent at first its at about 3 feet now I am not sure lol

the temps are great so far but its still winter I am sure it will be super hot in summer fuck I hate summer the humidity is a bit high but its raining outside so that could play apart but other then that its going great so far

these autos are in day #4 from sprout

0013271.JPG
0023168.JPG
0033036.JPG
0042836.JPG
0062359.JPG
0072199.JPG
0081983.JPG
0111420.JPG

I made some more cannabis infused coconut oil capsules right now with my capsule machine I just got in the mail today before I was just filling them by hand it makes it way easier to assemble the caps and makes them more accurate so I know exactly how much oil is in each cap it was 0.9g each cap if anyone would like to know

each batch of cannabis infused coconut oil depends on how strong the oil is and what not so it takes some self experimenting to find out your tolerance for me I like a dose of about 2 pills is nice since this batch was made strong

0033040.JPG
0042839.JPG
0062360.JPG
0091783.JPG
0101618.JPG
0111422.JPG

hello my fellow growers time for a watering update of my top shelf elite genetics testers in this watering I gave them emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 2ml per gallon of water ph. to 6.0 I made 2 gallons and split it between all the plants they took almost the whole 2 gallons

I also gave some Cheshire grin liquid worm castings I gave it to only 2 of the 4 autos I gave it to one of the black valium autos and one of the ancient haze Autos the other 2 autos will no be getting any so I can do a side by side comparison the ones that got it they both got a dose of 90 ml. directly to the base of the plant after I watered them

I lowered the light as low as it can go for now to see how they react but its still at least 2 feet away from them so they should be fine

theses autos are in day #7 from sprout

0023176.JPG
0033043.JPG
0052656.JPG
0072201.JPG
0081986.JPG
0101619.JPG

hello time for a watering update of my top shelf elite genetics testers in this watering I gave them emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 2ml per gallon of water ph. to 5.8 I made 1 gallon and split it between all the plants they took the whole 1 gallon

theses autos are in day #10 from sprout

0023182.JPG
0033048.JPG
0042845.JPG
0072203.JPG
0091784.JPG
0111423.JPG

I made some pickled eggs today I made 2 batches each batch was made a bit different the first jar has more ingredients and the other jar that I made was made with a more basic recipe because I was missing a few ingredients because I thought I had them at home already but its all good

I will let the marinade in the fridge for at least 3 days to a week

the first jar aka "the yellow looking jar" was made with

1 jar of mild yellow peppers rings with brine
2 cups water
1 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons pickling spice (such as McCormick) I used a Mexican version but its just about the same and way cheaper
1 tablespoon pure cane sugar
2 teaspoons pickling salt
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
13 or so hard-boiled eggs, peeled I forgot how many I used

the second jar aka "eggs and wieners" was made with

2 cups distilled white vinegar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons pickling spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 Hillshire farms beef Lit'l Smokies 1 1/2 pounds package they were boiled a bit to get some of the grease out of them before adding them to the jar
15 or so hard-boiled eggs, peeled

016864.JPG
017782.JPG
019601.JPG
020566.JPG
021543.JPG
026369.JPG
027332.JPG
028335.JPG
029302.JPG
030276.JPG
031266.JPG
032242.JPG
033239.JPG

I just mixed up my second batch of super soil today this batch was made with a different amendment mix then my first batch. This batch was made with a super soil amendment mix I got from eBay just like the first batch I made except this has more amendment ingredients then the first batch of super soil I made 23 days ago and is a bigger batch and is almost identical to the mix I what to mix myself

this batch was made with

15 lbs. of organic worm castings
1.25 lbs. Bat Guano--------------------- (0-7-0)
1.25 lbs. Bone Meal-------------------- (3-16-0)
1.25 lbs. Blood Meal--------------------(12-0-0)
3 tbsp. Epsom Salt
1.5 tsp. Powdered Humic Acid
1/2 cups-kelp powder
1.5 cups Alfalfa Meal
1.5 cups Oyster Shell Flour
1.5 cups kelp meal
1.5 cups-Azomite
1/2 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi
1 cup Potash

this was mixed with 2 1.5 cubic feet bags of Dr. earth pot of gold all purpose potting soil and was hand mixed by me and a friend in a 55 gallon tote that I got from home depot once it was well mixed I added 1 and a half gallons of water and mixed it up some more and put on my porch to chill until its ready the larger tote is the one I mixed up today its 55 gallons the smaller tote is 27 gallons its the batch I made 23 days ago

side note I have a 2 cubic feet bag of perlite that I will be mixing in to this soil later on to lighten it up a bit

0033052.JPG
0042849.JPG
0052661.JPG
0081988.JPG
0101620.JPG
0111424.JPG
0121266.JPG
0131149.JPG

hello time for a watering update of my top shelf elite genetics testers in this watering I gave them emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 3ml per gallon of water ph. to 6.0 I made 2 gallons and split it between all the plants

these autos are in day #13 from sprout

0013297.JPG
0023190.JPG
0033056.JPG
0052663.JPG
0072206.JPG
0091785.JPG
0111425.JPG

hello fellow growers time for a watering update of my top shelf elite genetics autoflower testers of black valium auto and ancient haze auto in this watering I gave them emerald harvest nutrients I used the nutes at half strength of the recommended dose the water was ph. to 5.9 I made 2 gallons and split it between all the plants

Cali Pro A and B at 2ml per gallon
emerald goddess at 3ml per gallon
honey chome at 2ml per gallon
root wizard at 7.5ml. per gallon

these autos are in day #16 from sprout

I ordered some 3 gallon fabric pots and some plant saucers plus these plant risers that I am happy to check out once they get here in the mail I got it for my super soil grow I will be doing once the super soil is ready I am sure I will be doing autos in the soil but not sure what strains I will pick yet I will post some pics when I get them

0013305.JPG
0023199.JPG
0033063.JPG
0042858.JPG
0052668.JPG
0062371.JPG
0072209.JPG

hello fellow growers time for a watering update of my top shelf elite genetics autoflower testers of black valium auto and ancient haze auto in this watering I gave them emerald harvest nutrients I used the nutes at half strength of the recommended dose the water was ph. to 6.0 I made 3 gallons and split it between all the plants I did not use all of it just enough to get some run off

Cali Pro A and B at 2.5ml per gallon
emerald goddess at 3ml per gallon
honey chome at 2ml per gallon

these autos are in day #16 from sprout

I got my package of grow stuff from the hydro shop I got some fabric pots and plant saucers for my super soil grow and a cool item some Gro Pro NX Level Pot Elevator 13 in they are pot risers I took a few pics of them I like that they raise my plants up a few inches and that they will keep the pots out of the run off water

I also will be starting my super soil grow soon once I finish setting my closet grow space back up it will be a auto grow this time

db003's black valium auto - ancient haze auto 600w air cooled grow 2x4 tent #3 - YouTube

0023204.JPG
0033067.JPG
0042862.JPG
0052670.JPG
0062373.JPG
0072211.JPG
0081992.JPG
0091787.JPG
0101622.JPG
0111426.JPG

Back
Top Bottom