Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Spitz

Figured I'd make a quick run of Idicas after being sativa heavy for a while...

Strains are Bubblicious/Nirvanna, Vanilla Kush/Barneys, BubbleBomb/Bomb seeds, AK47/???, and Budzilla. They are mostly Indica hybrids. All fem seeds and 1 of each.

They are grown in coco in 3G pots. Straight coco with no added anything. Nutrients are a mixture of GH flora 3-part and Advanced Nutrients PH perfect for coco. I've been feeding around 600 ppm and getting a small amount of runoff. They will get a big feed flush in a week or two when I flip over to flowering nutrients.

They are in a spare bedroom with a cracked window with temps from 60(lights off low) to 85(lights on high). RH is on the low side. They were seeing 10%RH as seedlings. Now that they have some leaf mass, it's up to the upper 30s. I do have a humidifier in the tent, I'm just too lazy to fill it daily and they aren't showing any ill effects.

They have been vegging under 18on/6off. I flipped the switch on them yesterday and they will be flowering under 13.5on/10.5off (assuming they go into flower). I will drop a half hour or so around week 8.

Light is 600W from the wall LED XML from Advanced LED. This will be my 4th cycle with it. It has done very well for me.

Here are the ladies after about 3 weeks above ground.

IMG_190425.JPG

There is a Dark Devil and a Jack Herrer auto in there as well. Plants haven't been topped, bent, molested,... in any way. I dropped the seeds a couple days after Christmas.

As always, I'll answer whatever questions you ask. Otherwise, enjoy!

I grew using ebb & flow for awhile but ive switched to a simple top feed setup. I really like it better because the plant gets flushed out with every watering now. Ebb & flow is a solid system but you can get salt build up so you would have to top feed from time to time to flush those salts.

Keep em frosty ya'll

The Dark Devil is nearly done. I'm guessing a couple weeks of flower left. The Jack Herrer may be culled. She is just a plant that has never been happy. Droopy leafs her entire life. She gives the over/under watered look consistently. I'm wondering if I'm having some sort of root issue with her. Just can't make her smile??? I'm not too worried about flowering them on 13.5/10.5 to finish.

I'll likely pull the featured ladies out tonight for a good watering session and photo shoot. Four (of the 5) photos have launched into stretch after only 2 extended nights. I'll keep a close eye on the 5th. They are still on a heavy veg feed so have had no chemical influence on transitioning to flower.

Thanks for stopping by Weasel.. feel free to share any thoughts or post any pics of your garden here. They're always welcome!

Peace!

Welcome BF.. I closet watched the end of your run too. Looked like a pretty good yield! Should be about time for the final report? I see you gave some feedback already, but they should be just about prime.

Here are the ladies... I don't usually do consecutive updates, but they needed a good watering and they haven't been properly introduced. The Bubblicious is the leggy girl. One hasn't really started to stretch yet, but the other 4 are rocketing quickly. Tonight's feed was PH 5.75 and 800ppm. Consisted of about 30ml of each A&B Advanced PH perfect for coco GROW, a splash of B52, and a dabble of CaMg to about 4Gallons of tap water. In the past, I have watered to runoff every day. I had fantastic results. So good, I decided to try something else... yeah I know. I've been watering thoroughly about once a week (good runoff) and splashing daily (30 oz or so). No reason, just lazy. Temps have been 60s low at lights off and top out at 84F in the tent at end of lights on. I like the 84 for LED. The 60 is what it is... I read a bit about lights on/off deltaT effecting stretch but not a battle I want to fight. I'll take my lil golf balls. RH is pretty solid at 40 with just the plants regulating.

Here are the ladies.. I tried to leave the tags visible. Top to bottom.. Vanilla Kush, Budzilla, AK47, Bubblicious, Bubblebomb

IMG_190527.JPG

IMG_190627.JPG

IMG_190726.JPG

IMG_190825.JPG

IMG_190923.JPG

Welcome aboard!

Aw man it's been raining here so much in socal. The humidity is so high, I feel like it's making the cure take forever. Some days, I just leave the jars open. You can smell the moisture still in the jar. They had a proper dry but I could have left them a bit longer. Even though the stems were snapping.. I guees I'm just used to a summer harvest. Lol plants are looking fantastic! How are you loving coco so far?

Simple drip system

Here is my drip system. Add a minute timer if your ever interested in automated drain to waste

Aw man it's been raining here so much in socal. The humidity is so high, I feel like it's making the cure take forever. Some days, I just leave the jars open. You can smell the moisture still in the jar. They had a proper dry but I could have left them a bit longer. Even though the stems were snapping.. I guees I'm just used to a summer harvest. Lol plants are looking fantastic! How are you loving coco so far?

Simple drip system

Here is my drip system. Add a minute timer if your ever interested in automated drain to waste
Welcome I am also in SoCal and this rain has been harsh! Flooding and mudslides everywhere! Our buts are being handed to us!

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

Thanks for the idea on the drip system. I watched closely when you were putting yours in. Did you airate the reservoir? My issue lies in collecting runoff. I don't frequent the grow shop very often, but when I do, I eyeball the 4x4 plastic tub they have in the bottom of their display tent. I'd love one! With my humidity super low, I could prop the plants up a bit and collect runoff every few days. I do have a digital timer that runs on 1minute cycles, a bunch of 1/2" tubing, and ball valves to regulate flow even further. I set it up for 2 plants on top of tough totes with factory hydro drip rings. It worked well.. not sure it will work with 5 plants though. I'll have to do something though as the ladies will be left unattended a few long weekends before they finish.

So.. they have now seen 6 nights of extended darkness. Again, they are getting 10.5 hrs of sleep and 13.5 hrs of light. They are getting "flowery" but haven't quite kicked in yet. Still stretching out and deciding who they will be as adults. Generalized data dump for the last few days:

RH has been lights on/off between 40-50%.
Temps: 50-70. Cooler than I'd like and an easy fix. ill work on daylight temps in the mid 80s for lights on
Nutrients- AN coco PH Perfect GROW, B-52, CaMg @ 800PPM
Water/fed daily. Enough to keep the pots saturated and will be watering to runoff sometime this weekend. (Mini flush with just normal feed)

Here is what the tent looked like this morning:

IMG_191027.JPG

The Bubble Bomb had a little twist in her leafs and an uncomfortable look. I'm not sure if it was low RH as a seedling, slight PH issue, temperature/uptake, etc.. she's showing a very slight bit of nutrient burn. It's a case of something in her not quite dialed in rather than too hot of feed. She seems to be working through it. Here's a shot of what I'm talking about:

IMG_191131.JPG

Oh geesh.. multi part update again! Stupid "post reply" button getting in the way again...

I don't defoliate much. I would consider today's exercise heavy for me. The leafs on these plants are enormous. I'm not sure how/why that is, but they are freakishly big on all my plants. I have more exposure to sativas lately and am not used to this. I took a handful that weren't just shading growth sites, they were casting an eclipse over the entire tent...

IMG_191231.JPG

And a little more light getting through:

IMG_191328.JPG

And finally..

Just because she's in there and everybody likes flower pictures... here is the top of my Dark Devil. She will come down next weekend in somewhere around 50-60 days from seed. Well, we'll make that call next weekend... that being said, time is a rare commodity and next weekend is open.

IMG_191425.JPG

If you have questions... shout them out!! Peace

Hello from the Frozen North, Spitz!

I saw your comment about the BBL being leggy. I've been growing BBL clones for coming up on 2 years now, and I find BBL is best when topped whenever a branch goes rogue and heavily tied down. You can keep her low and wide. I fyou clone her in veg, she will give you a decent crop of daughters.

They've had 8 or 9 sleeps so far. They rocketed into stretch after the flip and pushed preflowers in the first 48 hrs. The stretch has slowed a little but they are definitely still adding height. No real flowers yet. I had been feeding them a "grow" mixture from AN Sensie for coco. I decided to help them along with a flower mixture. For the life of me, I couldn't find the AN bottles. I fell back on the GH flora trio and gave them equal parts micro and bloom with just a splash of grow. Mixed to 600 ppm and added Koolbloom (0-10-10) to get to 800ppm and adjusted PH to 5.7.

Here is a top shot of the plants:

IMG_191934.JPG

As mentioned, they shot out of the gate vertically. Very thick base stems on these girls. The side branches are going to need quite a bit of staking later on. Well, at least I hope they do! I tried to take a profile shot....

IMG_192033.JPG

I can only have 6 flowering plants. The Dark Devil will come down this weekend and with the Jack Herrer Auto and 5 photo ladies, I should be golden. Just because I think she's pretty...

IMG_192135.JPG

This is my best effort at sharing the Jack Herrer with you. She has never been happy since the day she was planted. Leaves were consistently droopy. She has gone through human caused droughts and flooding in an effort to figure her out. She's even been just surface watered in an attempt to just get her to smile for the camera. Nothing! She's growing, she's just doing it slowly...

IMG_192230.JPG

Hopefully the next update will show some flowers and a harvested Dark Devel. If I don't have flowers by Sunday, I'll drop the timer to 12/12 and chalk it up to lesson learned. Shout out any questions you may have!

I'm not real sure.. I wasn't going to do another journal but it helps me with dates. If I had to estimate, she's about 50 days old. Started flowering on day 21 from seed soak and threw on flowers real fast. She's not growing anymore, just kind of swelling. I started the other 5 when she was about a month old. Should make this weekend the "around 60 day mark"

Edit..
Thought I'd share this. The 2 autos were part of a 6 plant auto attempt. I had 2 OG Kush, 2 Dark Devils, and 2 Jack Herrer seeds. One each in soil and one each in coco. The coco seeds were planted in rock wool cubes and placed in 3G coco pots. I lost all 3 coco plants and the OGK in soil never popped. By lost, I mean all 3 coco plants sprouted and started the first set of leafs. Then, the just stopped there! They were beautiful green 3 day old seedlings that were actually 21 days old. I wanted to keep them just because I wanted one of those 3" plants! Lol.. When the 5 photos all outgrew there solo cups, I pulled the 3 rock wool cubes and transplanted into those pots. They sure didn't appear to be over/under watered. The coco was prepped with a 200 ppm seedling mixture. The damn things just never grew.

Back
Top Bottom