Chilled Aerogardens: Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express, 500 True Watts Of LED

CMJJMC2000

I'm back! This will be my 4th grow in the chilled Aerogardens.

To summarize; my last grows were all autos, as well, and they go as follows..........
#1 - 2 x Dwarf Low Flyer from Crop King Seeds - not very good, too much ruderalis present
#2 - 1 x Med Gom 1.0 and 1 x Massive Midget - both favorites so far, will grow again!
#2 - 1 x Med Gom 1.0 and 1 x Critical+ Auto - Med Gom was great for pain relief and relaxation, first true "medical" experience I've had from cannabis - and it has changed my life in a lot of positive ways. Critical+ Auto was a true disappointment. The strain had a bit of old-school fame attached to it, but the smell didn't carry through into taste. The smoke was also very harsh, as well. Not going to grow the Critical+ again

#4 - this current project! 1 x Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto and 1 x Fast Buds Fastberry Auto. Very excited to try both of these strains. I'm hoping for great taste and smell, so I'll probably take it a bit easier on the nutes this go around and take more of a middle-of-the-road approach towards taste/smell/yield instead of trying to push the genetics and my setup to max yield.

The Setup.....

Same as always - running an Apollo tent, 24x48x60. 2 x aerogarden ultra LED's with IceProbe chillers and bluebird controllers to keep reservoir temp at 68F. Each aerogarden has a 3" circular air stone on the side opposite the chiller - the plants go on the air stone side of the aerogardens. I've made a lighting change. I'm still using the Mars Hydro Reflector 48 series (102 true watts x 2 units) on each side of the tent. However, in the center of the tent I'll be running a Viperspectra 600w (276 true watts). I'm optimistic to see how it performs. I'm still running the 4" fan and carbon filter, as well. Seeds are starting their soak as soon as I hit the "submit" button.

re: Chilled Aerogardens - Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express - 500 True Watts Of LED

Haha, I'm may miss the whole grow but I'm the first one in the door. Great to hear/see you're starting a new Journal. Let that aerogarden work some magic once again... Going to be a sweet scented grow, good luck brother.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Re: Chilled Aerogardens - Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express - 500 True Watts Of LE

I think you'll really be pleased with the viparspectra 600; I'm running two of them and they yielded me just shy of 500g on my first grow (which by the way your grow journals were what inspired me to grow my own, so just know your work is noted and appreciated!). Just run it on veg and park it 18" above your seedlings when they pop till week three, then flip the bloom switch on as well and watch the fireworks go off. Seriously, the first day when you have the full spectrum going you'll see a massive growth spurt and then they'll be off to the races. Be ready to do some LST to keep things in check, that light really does give you bang for the buck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Chilled Aerogardens - Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express - 500 True Watts Of LE

Haha, I'm may miss the whole grow but I'm the first one in the door. Great to hear/see you're starting a new Journal. Let that aerogarden work some magic once again... Going to be a sweet scented grow, good luck brother.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks, Snid! I'm hoping for some new tastes and smells with this grow.

I think you'll really be pleased with the viparspectra 600; I'm running two of them and they yielded me just shy of 500g on my first grow (which by the way your grow journals were what inspired me to grow my own, so just know your work is noted and appreciated!). Just run it on veg and park it 18" above your seedlings when they pop till week three, then flip the bloom switch on as well and watch the fireworks go off. Seriously, the first day when you have the full spectrum going you'll see a massive growth spurt and then they'll be off to the races. Be ready to do some LST to keep things in check, that light really does give you bang for the buck!

Congrats on wrapping up your first grow - those are impressive results! As always, I'm glad I was able to provide some useful information to you. Feel free to reach out, again, if you need any assistance. Any pics of the finished product??

Pineapple Express has already been transplanted - both seeds have about 1/4" taproot and went into the Aerogarden on the right tonight - 24 hours since the soak started. Fastberry is still waiting to poke out of the seed. If they're not ready tomorrow morning, they'll be going into the Aerogarden, anyway!

Viperspectra 600 reflector is in and it looks great. Excellent coverage all throughout the tent. I'll add in the Mars Hydro's for flowering to bring the wattage up. I'll add in some pics tomorrow.

Good to see you back with another grow. Good to see the aerogarden back in action too. Good luck man

Sent from my LGLS992 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Congrats on wrapping up your first grow - those are impressive results! As always, I'm glad I was able to provide some useful information to you. Feel free to reach out, again, if you need any assistance. Any pics of the finished product??

Sure, I'll PM you a few pics so as not to jack your thread!

I have two fast berry autos 21 days from germination. My first indoor grow so I have no idea how they are doing in relation to other fast berries but they sure are pretty. Looking forward to seeing your grow

Do you have a journal you're working on with details? I'd like to know how the FB is responding to nutes, etc. Good luck!

1 week above ground today. Both strains are doing well - had one Fastberry seed that didn't germinate (taproot came out about 1/8" but no further) and one pineapple express that went long and stringy on me. So, I'm glad I did my 2X germination method - I'd be 1 week behind schedule, otherwise.

Much like my first grow journal on here, the goal is for a harvest on or before 4/20.

Not much to talk about right now, as they're just doing their veg thing. I have added 8ml of voodoo juice and 8ml of piranha to each reservoir along with 1.5ml of sensi cal mag xtra. Temps are high 79, low 69 throughout this week. I'll be turning the chiller on as soon as I have 2 good sized sets of leaves.

IMG_48757.JPG
IMG_48769.JPG

As a valentine's day treat for my girls, I set up the chiller controllers and went ahead and set them to 69F. Also, added in a 1/4 dose of Sensi Grow A + B - PH'd to 5.7 on both tanks. They look happy and healthy. Fastberry looks very Indica with her first 2 sets of leaves and the Pineapple Express is looking Sativa - stoked!

Coming up on 2 weeks this sunday, I'll get some pics up on that day. 3rd set of leaves is coming in on both plants, progress is nearly identical. PPM's and PH look great, reservoir temps are steady at 69F. I'm going to add in the 2 x Mars Hydro reflector 48 series this weekend and start running them on "veg" setting in the middle of the upcoming week. Working with 2.5x the output wattage of my last grow, I'm expecting some great results. Really excited to see how these girls shape up!

I do have a grow journal in progress. I am still lost on how to supply you with a link to it, but it is out there. it may be in signature. my feed schedule is detailed. lots of pics also. Would love your advice and or comments.

3 weeks above ground today. Pineapple express (on the right) and Fastberry (on the left) are both looking great! Metrics on PH, PPM, tent temp and reservoir temp are on right on par with my ideal settings. Pistils are out on both plants, expecting to see top flower open up before next Sunday. I just switched the LED's to full on today, so veg and flower modes both on.

IMG_492712.JPG
IMG_492811.JPG
IMG_493011.JPG

The girls are looking absolutely lovely! Looks like you have things well under control and your system is dialed in. Lets see some flowers!!

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

The girls are looking absolutely lovely! Looks like you have things well under control and your system is dialed in. Lets see some flowers!!

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Thanks! It's running on autopilot until the flowers start to roll in, but they are both doing great.

Back
Top Bottom