GrowchyGreenz Gold Leaf Grow

This is an LED lit cabinet with a deep water culture setup. A mars 300 lights the veg cab and a Perfect Sun Mini provides the bloom cab with the finishing touch.
The strain is Gold Leaf. Germinated 1/15 and she joined us two days later
420-magazine-mobile691955011.jpg

GL grew
420-magazine-mobile426733414.jpg

...and she grew
420-magazine-mobile1531706199.jpg

On 1/27, 10 days above ground the roots were in the bucket. A little rapid start and a fabbed drip ring on a timer worked very well. When GL was this big we removed the drip ring before the root system grew around the tube
420-magazine-mobile660863451.jpg

Today baby GL turned 21 (Days old) but has been drinking that jungle juice for around a week now.
420-magazine-mobile818078920.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1739252397.jpg

We are using advanced nutrients jungle juice base nutes with hydroguard, b52 and some bubbles

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is the bloom cab which currently has a northern lights in late flower
420-magazine-mobile1050460992.jpg

After we harvest the NL the GL will hop on over into the bloom cab to get used to the spectrum of the ps mini before flipping to flower and we're are thinking of spending the time to grow a jack herer in the next round

Looking good. My Gold Leaf just sprouted this am. She still has her helmet on. I put a little water and spit on it tonight. Just gonna wait it out till morning. :rollingeyes:. If its still on I'll have to give it a tug.
Hope to get a journal going this weekend. I've been taking lots of pics.

Question: How far away was your LED from your GL seedling?

Good luck with your grow

Thanks crashdog, the mars 300 is 29" from the bucket and this distance is fixed and as the plant grows it grows closer to the light. As the plant ages and grows it can handle the reduced distance. We found that with the mars 300 we can let the plant grow to within 12" from the light before we flip to the big cab. Good luck with your GL as well the helmet stayed on ours too but we just yanked it off (oh so gently) I saw you guys were worried about the time it takes for these GLs to germ. Ours was popped and poked out within 48 hours. Drip ring on a timer with 2ml/gallon of GH rapid start and within 10 days she had roots in the water.

This is the bloom cab which currently has a northern lights in late flower
420-magazine-mobile1050460992.jpg

After we harvest the NL the GL will hop on over into the bloom cab to get used to the spectrum of the ps mini before flipping to flower and we're are thinking of spending the time to grow a jack herer in the next round

Looks beautiful... How long has she been in flower?

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Thank you! She was flipped on 11/26, pistils on 12/8. If you want to check out some bud pics check out our first grow in the sig. we overgrew the veg cab so we made a move on a nice big armoire and made us a bloom cab haha. Now we're going perpetual, nonstop buds for life!

Thanks crashdog, the mars 300 is 29" from the bucket and this distance is fixed and as the plant grows it grows closer to the light.
Good luck with your GL as well the helmet stayed on ours too but we just yanked it off (oh so gently)
I saw you guys were worried about the time it takes for these GLs to germ. Ours was popped and poked out within 48 hours.

Thanks,
My Mars 600 is 47" away from the seedling tops. you think that is a good distance?

36" is recommended by maker. But I think that's the sweet spot you have it at. If not they will stretch and tell you

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Back on the subject of our Gold Leaf seedling she's just going into veg phase has good roots but we're having a major heat issue in the veg cabinet. Low humidity and 85 degree temps are impacting the plant in a very big way. An evaporative air cooler is on its way. Also looks like a little mag def so threw in a little cal mag. Any suggestions welcome!
420-magazine-mobile1154830871.jpg

So thanks to the Brilliant Mrs. GrowchyGreenz our problems have been rectified. The PS Mini earned a spot in the Veg cab and the temperature issue is under control. Changed the rez and added cal mag and the little lady has rewarded us with an excellent recovery and some awesome growth. The wrecked fan leaves have been removed.
420-magazine-mobile354321885.jpg

Awesome! Glad to have you here brother. Really looking forward to training this one a little differently than the NL
She's well underway then, your training so far is looking great. Are you going for the "cross-t" flux or just training them out how they come... Either method you try, she on her way. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid! Want to try and keep it less dense as far as the canopy goes. Aiming for fewer tops but want them to be bigger longer colas. Have to see how she grows out first but as far as we can tell she should bush very nicely. There's a lot of sideways growth already

Back
Top Bottom