Same old brick wall. Same old head. Get it?
I continue to beat my head against the wall in my heroics efforts to forge a bright future in which I learn to grow dope better, for the purpose of entertainment, education, and more dope.
This is an ongoing perpetual grow journal and generally dumping ground. Welcome. *

~ HISTORY ~

I've been growing, technically, for about ten years, but the first five were pretty sporadic and silly, and barely even count.
Then I went through various other ill fated escapades for the next three, including a few indoor enterprises with some 'business minded' renegades and weirdos who claimed they knew wtf they were doing but didn't and we were powerless to avert the Doom which befell our grows as we ran in circles, like idiots, pissed off and freaking out, hauling plants and gear to whatever hiding places we could find, drenched in sweat and shaking with mind numbing terror and panic. Man, there was a lot of that shit in the old days. And then there was that one summer day the police aircraft came and started circling overhead and a bunch of other police on ATVs cut into the bush too fast for us to run and do anything except chat with the ones who came up the driveway. Sadly, we couldn't help them because it wasn't on our property and none of it belonged to us and we didn't know anything and hadn't seen anything. So what could we do? But we pledged to keep our eyes open. Goodbye officers. Goodbye, all our plants and all our grow stuff. Again.

But the last two+ years, since the internet arrived here and I joined 420, is the time in which things moved out of the Stone Age around here and I started learning to grow- still as kind of a old newbie. I feel like I knew almost nothing two years ago and was doing all sorts of ridiculous stuff that made no sense. Now I'm doing... uhhh...different stuff. Sort of.
People come on 420 and have access to all sorts of info and can grow an incredible plant in their first grow. That's not how it went for me when I started. Hahahahahhaha!! Not at all.

I've won a bunch of contests on 420 in the last year and got some fancy titles but remain ever humble and skeptical about my growing skills. If you hear me talking about how my plants are a shitty mess, or I seem to focus on the problems all the time, it's just how I think and communicate so don't let it worry you. I'm not complaining I just have a thing for the dark underbelly in life and it makes me laugh sometimes.

* I just want to say first that if someone wanders in here (in the 'bright future') and this journal is 100 pages long by then and you think you have to read through the whole journal to 'catch up', don't worry about doing that, unless you want to. That 'catching up' business can be a killer, and you'll totally like just die of boredom halfway through.
Just skip past this old written crap right to the present time. If you want.
Ask me questions and if you're confused you are in the right place and I am sure I will be able to help you
somehow.

image36514.jpg

Ace Malawi

~SETUP~

Skip over this part unless you just want to know.

Here is my setup. I'm just taking what I wrote in my first journal and updating where necessary.

~GROW SPACE~

- It's an 8x12' room overall about 7' high, divided into two rooms -to make a perpetual grow. The outside climate is quite cool and humid year round. During lights-on the thermostat controlled fan kicks in to bring in fresh cooling air from outside. During lights-out the room doesn't generally heat up, so the fans do not come on. RH gets quite high ( usually in the 60s and 70s ) especially during lights -out, as the temps drop, plants transpire, and no fresh air comes in. I have been in a borderline situation keeping bud rot at bay for years. I bought a smallish dehumidifier about a year and a half ago which helps. Before that the RH was generally in the 80s and 90s.

~HEXAPUS~

Thats what I usually call my drain-to-waste setup with auto watering system which I have been running for 'a while now'.

Because I have no memory whatsoever, you'll hear a lot of expressions like this.
It usually has six lines going, feeding six plants.
It's just a way to grow one-off strains for fun and try new things out without sufffering through a lot of cloning and labelling.
My last run with it was with six plants in perlite hempy pots. Most of the plants got root rot and failed. I threw out three, am revegging one, and managed to save the best two by drilling holes in the pots of the best two plants, making them into regular pots of perlite.
I harvested those two plants this week. This next hexapus run will be in coco/perlite. The latest hex run was put into flowering two days ago as of whatever day it is, uhh- Saturday Feb 18, 2017.

~SCROG~

- I made individual screens 24"x 19". They're supported by aluminum shafts stuck in the pots and I can shuffle the pots around to work though it's a bit cramped. Four screens fit under a light. It's been a while now since I had all 8 screens going. I've moved away from scrogging a little bit because it's not quite as fun as having natural looking plants.

~POTS~

- Most of the flowering plants are in 10 gallon pots. Some 7 gallons and the occasional 15

~PLANTS~

- Hmmm... :hmmmm:
At the time of writing this I have 16 strains growing.

Old favourites-
Malawi, Critical Cheese, Mama Thai, Pineapple Chunk.

Up and coming interesting strains which I am growing for the first time-
Panama, CBD Therapy, Strawberry Blue, Chocolate Mint.

Hexapus plants-
Pineapple Chunk x Mama Thai (x2), Dark Angel, Afghan x Black Domina (this one may not work out), Mystery Critical Cheese cross, Honeysuckle, Delhi Friend,

-Revegs-

Peyote Purple, Lemon Venom, both in perlite.

image35659.jpg

Pineapple Chunk

-This is how the grow looks at the time I'm starting this journal.

~ FLOWERING ~

IMG_77276.JPG

~ RIGHT SIDE ~

IMG_77284.JPG

Clockwise from front left- CBD Therapy, Panama, Critical Cheese, Pineapple Chunk

~ LEFT SIDE ~

IMG_77294.JPG

Small plants in front- the DTW plants ie hexapus setup. Left rear/corner- Mama Thai. Right rear-Critical Cheese.

~ VEG ~

IMG_77316.JPG

Too many things to list right now.

~LEMON VENOM~

This was one thing of the two surviving plants from the last DTW run, which I harvested recently. Turned out to be fairly nice. Its corner of the flowering room smelled pretty much like a cat pissed in it.

IMG_77505.JPG

IMG_77427.JPG

IMG_77537.JPG

IMG_77527.JPG

IMG_77407.JPG

Cool, looks like a good one to try and follow along.

Ask me questions and if you're confused you are in the right place and I am sure I will be able to help you
somehow.

Pretty much a constant state for me, when I'm not confused that confuses me ;)

What are you making an illegal copy of in order to deceive? Ohh that's, subbed :)

somehow.
Pretty much a constant state for me, when I'm not confused that confuses me ;)
What I meant was I can help you be confused.

~GRAFTS~

This is something that I've been playing around with a bit while I was in between journals. I first tried it near the end of my Green Hole journal and it worked but I later destroyed the graft by ripping it apart accidentally. This is some sort of Neanderthal grafting technique which I first read of posted by Cannafan. I don't think it's a common way to do it and I also don't think it makes very much sense scientifically (botanically?) as it seems like it would go against some basic plant physiology. But the plants may not be aware of this issue because they seem happy still.

IMG_77548.JPG

IMG_77564.JPG

Both plants are living, the v-splice is bound up and left for over a week.

IMG_77585.JPG

The way the plant juices have to flow to get through.

IMG_77633.JPG

IMG_75238.JPG

IMG_75229.JPG

Panama - Mama Thai - Malawi

IMG_75245.JPG

Love your neanderthal grafting method that's quite different from the schoolbook version. What works works

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's a start. For a journal I mean. I'm going to run off and do stuff now, whatever it is someone does at 4:20 in the morning. Oh yeah I remember now...might be back if I survive smoking another. Otherwise- goodnight friends.

Thanks pennywise, DeVille, and mouser.

Thanks Wiley. I have a few other things going on, but I should try and sleep a little bit tonight.
I don't like going to sleep, but I like sleeping. What I really don't like though is waking up.
I'll try to get to some more pics up tomorrow.

~GRAFTS~

This is something that I've been playing around with a bit while I was in between journals. I first tried it near the end of my Green Hole journal and it worked but I later destroyed the graft by ripping it apart accidentally. This is some sort of Neanderthal grafting technique which I first read of posted by Cannafan. I don't think it's a common way to do it and I also don't think it makes very much sense scientifically (botanically?) as it seems like it would go against some basic plant physiology. But the plants may not be aware of this issue because they seem happy still.

IMG_77548.JPG

IMG_77564.JPG

Both plants are living, the v-splice is bound up and left for over a week.

IMG_77585.JPG

The way the plant juices have to flow to get through.

IMG_77633.JPG

IMG_75238.JPG

IMG_75229.JPG

Panama - Mama Thai - Malawi

IMG_75245.JPG

This going to be interesting.....
First grow so have never done anything myself, but just from being around it!!!
I have an idea assuming you haven't done it
But
Where it overlaps the inside of the splice to the outside of the stem on both sides, have you thought about shaving the outside stems, or probably just common practise!!

Probs sounds like a kook!!!
But give it to me boys if I am!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom