First Timer Autoflower With CFL's: Big Bang Auto & Bubble Gum Auto, 2017

PT93

420 Member
Hey everybody :welcome:

So, not the first time growing, but hoping to be the first successfull one. I tried once but my roomate overdosed her on nutes and she died... so this time i'm planning all by myself.

Got two Feminized Autoflower Seeds
- 1 Big Bang Auto from GreenHouse Seeds
- 1 Bubble Gum Auto from 00Seeds

Got 2 smartpots i think 15Liters and got my mixed soil (50% soil for medicinal and aromatic plants that have few nutrients, 25%coco and 25%perlite). i didnt had enough soil to fill my pots so basicaly i have 10L of medium in each pot. $$$

My setup is a diy growbox made of styrofoam and aluminum foil, with a cardboard tube structure (100x100x60cm). i'm using CFL's because i share my flat with people and the bill's cannot be too high. i'm using 2 45w CFL's white with 6500 kelvin. i dont know the lumens now but i'll put it after. For now, i dont have a solution for my ventilation because both my fans got busted a while ago... But i have a few holes on the growbox ahahah

To germinate the seeds, i put them in a glass of water till they sank and then used the paper towel method till the white sprout got to be like 4/5 mm. at the same time I "flushed" my soil to prepare it for the seeds.
This step took like 3 days and then I planted white sprout down and let them be.

for now it's all, i'm going to try to learn how to put pictures in here and then comeback for more!

hope that these babies grow faster and hoping to, if needed, get your advices to make this my first success!

Cheers :Namaste:

Okay, i'm back

16/02/17
Day 1
Nothing has changed.
Put the pots in the sun so they could sprout faster..
Gonna put the lights on and put some tuppwerware to make a little greenhouse
Day158.jpg

18/02/17
Day 3
Seedlings popped out of the ground!! :love:
Bubble Gum has the first baby leafs
Day3_BG.jpg

Big Bang is a little slower and the seed didnt fall yet
Day3_BB.jpg

im trying to get as much sunlight as I can and at night put them under the cfl's
Temperature is not the ideal but i dont have much to work with...

19/02/17
Day 4
Both seeds are out.
Bubble Gum is developing the second pair of leafs and Big Bang is on the first pair because the strain takes more time untill harvest according to the information i have.
day4_bb.jpg
day4_bg.jpg

Got a good afternoon of sunlight and heat (20 to 25 degrees today) and now they are on the growbox with the lights on.
Tomorrow i'm gonna put them on my balcony to get as much sunlight as they can through the day.
getting a little anxious because you can see the diferences in a day
BG stretched a little to the side because she got only sunlight from one side today but i rotated her in the tent to get straight again
with the first "flush" before planting them the pot is maintaining a good amount of water so i'm not watering it till next week, just spraying some times to keep humidity levels ok

20/02/17
Day 5
Leafs are developing quickly
Bubble Gum is bigger than Big Bang
Got a lot of sun today and now they are in the growbox
Bubble Gum
Snapchat-124066573.jpg

Big Bang
Snapchat-222292214.jpg

23/02/17
Day 8
watered the plants with tap water, no nutes yet
Big Bang Auto
day8_BB.jpg

Bubble Gum Auto
day8_BG.jpg

24/02/17
Day 9
they grew faster with the water
still giving them all the sun they can get and light at night

Big Bang Auto
day9_BB.png

Bubble Gum Auto - the taller one
day9_BG.png

27/02/17
Day 12
There was a little problem...
the pot got knocked over and some soil got out... i tried to put everything back
i saw that the soil was too dry so i give them a little bit more water..
i still dont have my nutes so just plain water
the sun is gone now for some days, a lot of rain so keeping them warm inside and then lights at night

Bubble Gum Auto
Day12bg.jpg
day12_BG.jpg

Big Bang Auto
day12_bb.jpg
Day12bb.jpg

04/03/17
Day 17
hey everybody, just a quick update of the girls.:thumb:

They are getting bigger everyday, but Bubble Gum has gotten way bigger than Big Bang.
Here are a little pics that i took today

Bubble Gum
Snapchat-1688446477.jpg

Snapchat-1354847512.jpg

Big Bang
Snapchat-367802458.jpg

Snapchat-812399336.jpg

i still didnt get them nutes, but i think for the next watering i'm gonna feed them.
Still mantaining lights at night and sun during the day.

If you guys have any tips, i'm open to sugestions...
when should i try to LST them? i know that it's to early now, but just wondering...

cheers :Namaste:

15/03/17
day 28

finnaly put my hands in some fertilizer, for now i'm using half a dose of the recommended
NPK 6-3-6

16/03/17
day 29

immediately noticed the differences, big bang grew a lot, and bubblegum's leaves got way bigger
no photos tough...

17/03/17
day 30

ok so, bubblegum is getting taller everyday, and new leaves grow everyday, so today i decided to begin the LST to make her smaller.
bg_30.jpg
bg2_30.jpg

the big bang auto is getting bigger to so i lst'ed her too
bb_30.jpg
bb2_30.jpg

i'm raising my lights a little bit now because i want them to strech a bit to tied them down again.

getting overwelmed by the growth everyday.

both29.jpg

18/03/17
day 31

so now they have a month since i planted them

i let them in the growbox after the lst and to my surprise they bent during the night and are allready facing up, amazing...

BUBBLEGUM AUTO
bg2_31.jpg
bg_31.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO
bb_311.jpg
bb2_31.jpg

22/03/17
day 35
feed them again and lst'ed a little bit more , trying to swirl the plant

BUBBLEGUM AUTO
bg_35_.jpg
bg3_35.jpg
bg2_35.jpg

26/03/17
day 39

feed them again and lst'ed , looking sharp! i still dont think she started flowering, but the smell is noticeable now...

BUBBLEGUM AUTO
bg_39.jpg
bg3_39.jpg
bg2_39.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO
bb_39.jpg
bb2_39.jpg
bb3_39.jpg

31/03/17
Day 44

Finaly some white hairs! o i noticed the smell had increased a little and so i began to search for the first pistils or white hairs, dont know the correct term.. i noticed that BigBang started first than BubbleGum which i thought it was werid because she is smaller... the pots were a little moist so i decided just to water them the next day

01/04/17
Day 45
april's fool! Time to water my babies! i read that when they start showing the white hairs they start flowering but because of being autoflower we should still feed her a litle bit o N. so i prepared the mix with my nutes from veg at half streght and the new ones for flowering that are PK 13-14 . i didnt put many of this fert because i'm afraid of overdosing them since the last grow she died when my friend overdosed her with this fertilzer.. testing to see the reaction on them

02/04/17
Day 46

FUCK. i snapped a leaf fan. trying to lst the branches so the sprouts could get more light, i snapped one of the biggest fan leafs... i searched online and i dont think that is going to be very harmfull but still, could use the help of that tiny lung...

some pictures to see how they are doing
GROWROOM

tent462.jpg

BUBBLE GUM AUTO

bg_46.jpg
bg2_46.jpg
bg3_461.jpg
bg4_46.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO

bb_46.jpg
bb1_46.jpg

07/04/17
Day 51

Watered today with only flowering nutes. stupidly snapped another branch ... they are getting bigger and bigger... they are getting nice direct sunlight almost all day and lights by night.. the weather is getting sunnier and warmer, mid twenties (Celsius) with no clouds

08/04/17
day 52

Growroom
tent_521.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO
bb_52.jpg
bb2_52.jpg

BUBBLEGUM AUTO
bg_52.jpg
bg2_52.jpg

Cheers:Namaste:

20/04/17
Day 64

Happy 420 everyone!! :Namaste:

Here are some pics of my babies! they are getting taller! and stinkier..

BUBBLE GUM AUTO

bg_63.jpg
bg1_63.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO

bb_63.jpg
bb1_63.jpg

I burned a little leaf on the top because the cfl's were to close to the plant
Giving them nutes once a week.

23/04/17
Day 67

They were getting a little higher that i wanted them so I LSTed them again to get them lower and bushier.
The white pistils are getting larger in number and in size, all the little nuggets from the lower branches have hairs and the big cola is getting hairy

My Babies
tent_67_2_.jpg
tent_67.jpg

BUBBLE GUM AUTO

bg_67.jpg
bg1_67.jpg
bg2_67.jpg

BIG BANG AUTO

bb_67.jpg
bb1_67.jpg
bb2_67.jpg

Big Bang Auto is getting bigger, almost as Bubble gum, but BG is way bushier than BB, has a lot of leaves in the middle. So BigBang is skinny but has a lot of bud sites, BubbleGum is fatty bushier and also lots of bud sites... i count 15 minimum in each plant

06/05/17
Day 80

The smell is amazing, but i'm concerned because the buds aren't fattening up and they already passed there advertised harvest time... i can see that they are not ready yet because the pistils are still 90%white.
Here are some pics taken today

My babies

tent_80.JPG

BIG BANG AUTO

bb1_80.JPG
bb2_80.JPG
bb3_80.JPG
bb4_80.JPG
bb5_80.JPG
bb6_80.JPG

BUBBLEGUM AUTO

bg1_80.JPG
bg2_80.JPG
bg3_80.JPG
bg4_80.JPG
bg5_80.JPG
bg6_80.JPG

29/05/2017
Day 103

OK. they are taking way longer than advertising... BubbleGum is more advanced than BigBang, the pistils are mainly brown/orange and the leafs are turning yellow in some parts. BigBang still has a lot of white pistils.
I dont know when to harvest, so i decided to stop giving nutes to BubbleGum because she smells a little chemical, but i'm still giving flowering nutes to BigBang.. i read that molasses can help fattening the buds so i gave them a little brown sugar dissolved in the water, real small dose (i dont have molasses on my town)
here are some pics i took today

BIGBANG AUTO

BB103_1.JPG

BB103_2.JPG
BB103_3.JPG
BB103_4.JPG

BB103_5.JPG

BB103_6.JPG

BB103_7.JPG
BB103_8.JPG

BB103_9.JPG
BB103_10.JPG

Little white spots (dont know why)
BB103_11.JPG

BUBBLEGUM AUTO

BG103_1.JPG
BG103_2.JPG
BG103_3.JPG
BG103_4.JPG
BG103_5.JPG

BG103_6.JPG
BG103_7.JPG
BG103_.JPG
BG103_9.JPG

Signs of not having nutes anymore?
BG103_10.JPG

13/06/2017
Day 118

I noticed a little bud on the main cola of the BBubbleGum appearing a little modly so i decided to harvest them today

FINNALY, HARVEST DAY :cheer:

BIG BANG AUTO

BB118_1.JPG
BB118_2.JPG
BB118_3.JPG
BB118_4.JPG

BUBBLEGUM AUTO

BG118_1.JPG
BG118_2.JPG
BG118_3.JPG
BG118_4.JPG
BG118_5.JPG

After Trimming

FINAL12.JPG
FINAL31.JPG
FINAL41.JPG
MAIN_COLAS.JPG
TRIM18.JPG

02/07/17
Day 137

I let them dry for about 10/11 days and put them after in jars so they can cure.. i open them everyday for 5 minutes and toss them gently so the buds can all cure uniformely.

I sampled (oc sorry too ansious) along the stages... before the harvest i had cut a little branch from the bottom that had only a tiny nug... let it dry for a week and some days in jar, smoked it when i harvest the plant... nice buzz but the taste was awfull...

after the harvest, recovered the trim and putting the buds to dry, i accidently cut some of the little nugs from BubbleGum so i could hang them... i let them dry in floor next to the trim... does lilbuds were my sampling before the cure and must i say, they got me high... the taste is not there yet, but they were dry, sticky and the smell was way better than the hang dried buds, the big ones (panic attack). grinded good, good smoke, but the taste was strange... and the high was super chill, a lot of laughing and a little mentalboost, (art related highs that i really enjoy, very imaginative, a lot of ideas concepts and drawings.

now. today. 2nd of july. i have the buds curing now for almost 10 days. i smoked the first bud from the curing. very nice high, body and mind, my headaches were killing me today.. pufff puff gone. really positive feeds about BubbleGumAuto.

i dont taste the bubblegum or the berries, but the smell is sweet, sweeter than BigBang... as advertised, it yeilded a lot more than bubblegum..the high is similar, but a little more stoner .. good to watch some netflix and do proper chilling... i'm mad at myself because i ordered two hybrids mostly indica, but one of them gave me an active high (BGA) that i rarely had with my usual weed that i get...maybe next time i get some sativas to see the diference... i really enjoyed planting my own, it's another thing when you know what you smoke and you know that you were taking care of that bud for months, so the moments are way deeper. and everybody flips when they taste it and say that its the best weed they smokde and they get super high... (yea our weed sucks here). closing the journal... i hate that i dont have a scale but here's a tablet to compare (and a jar of trim to make butter) .. i was expecting more, but i now i had some problems with light and temps, so really happy with the final result.

272.png
1161.png

:thanks:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom