Jamaican Dreams

IMG_456111.JPG

A core group of ten cultivators growing in Doc Bud's High BrixBlend Kit soil decided we wanted to meet and compare notes, and what better place to do this than the cannabis-friendly shores of Jamaica?

So off we ran to Jamaica. :slide: :yahoo: :surf: Yes, we had a splendid time and yes, it was refreshing to meet the personalities behind the digital posts. They were just what they appeared to be in print. One of the best things about this site is the authenticity of the membership. This held true throughout the visit.

During our visits with growers there was often a seed exchange going on. Anytime someone purchased or came across some decent cannabis the seeds were removed and noted, stashed in secret compartments or pockets, packed away for the return trip.

We thought it might be a fun idea to start a group journal covering Jamaican seeds we brought back. Every one of us is excited about seeing what the kit can do with these seeds. We're pretty certain we can bring out some sweet terpene profiles and likely improve the potency. We weren't much impressed with the potency of what we came across while we were on the island.

This journal will run indefinitely. I'm certain there'll end up being some experimentation going on with what we manage to get to grow. I checked out my own seeds and discovered almost all of them show male tendencies. I think I'm going to be lucky to coax many females from my stash of seeds. Maybe I can influence female expression. There's no way of telling the stability of any of these seeds, and I believe we'd be smart to assume they'll be incredibly unstable.

I won't be running any in my own grow immediately. I have other plants that are more necessary, but I'm hoping to get a couple started in my next cycle. Those enticing Devil's Carnival seeds Canna and Nis created are another matter altogether and will be covered in another journal. This journal is for Jamaican seeds. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The room is set, the door is wide open. Let the games begin!

I'm pretty sure I got everyone linked except RedDragon. I'll track him down.

IMG_456111.JPG

A core group of ten cultivators growing in Doc Bud's High BrixBlend Kit soil decided we wanted to meet and compare notes, and what better place to do this than the cannabis-friendly shores of Jamaica?

So off we ran to Jamaica. :slide: :yahoo: :surf: Yes, we had a splendid time and yes, it was refreshing to meet the personalities behind the digital posts. They were just what they appeared to be in print. One of the best things about this site is the authenticity of the membership. This held true throughout the visit.

During our visits with growers there was often a seed exchange going on. Anytime someone purchased or came across some decent cannabis the seeds were removed and noted, stashed in secret compartments or pockets, packed away for the return trip.

We thought it might be a fun idea to start a group journal covering Jamaican seeds we brought back. Every one of us is excited about seeing what the kit can do with these seeds. We're pretty certain we can bring out some sweet terpene profiles and likely improve the potency. We weren't much impressed with the potency of what we came across while we were on the island.

This journal will run indefinitely. I'm certain there'll end up being some experimentation going on with what we manage to get to grow. I checked out my own seeds and discovered almost all of them show male tendencies. I think I'm going to be lucky to coax many females from my stash of seeds. Maybe I can influence female expression. There's no way of telling the stability of any of these seeds, and I believe we'd be smart to assume they'll be incredibly unstable.

I won't be running any in my own grow immediately. I have other plants that are more necessary, but I'm hoping to get a couple started in my next cycle. Those enticing Devil's Carnival seeds Canna and Nis created are another matter altogether and will be covered in another journal. This journal is for Jamaican seeds. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The room is set, the door is wide open. Let the games begin!
Looks like you guys had a ball. You can get a lot of variety in jamaican herb. Even mediocre seeds have some gems hidden . Even some purple at times.

"carpe diem"

The great thing about Jamaica is that although we all went to a grow together as a group, a few of us actually went to different individual grows on our own. I had the pleasure of touring a smaller grow that was in flower and almost ready for harvest. The guy had a few strains going, one was Trainwreck x White Ice supposedly and the flowers were a very dark and the smell was exceptional. He pulled the plant right out of the ground and handed it to me. We continued touring the garden until we came upon something I had never seen, a plant growing with pink/purple pistils. This plant was absolutely beautiful! He pulled this plant out of the ground and gave it to me as well.

Back at my room I started going through the Trainwreck x White Ice and pulled out probably around 20 seeds, so I will have no problem getting that going in my grow. However the pink/purple pistil strain didn't have the abundance of seeds. I believe I have two seeds from this plant, not sure I feel confident enough to germinate them, I may send them to someone who likes breeding so we can hopefully get this strain going within 420mag.

That being said I have other obligations for my grow space right now, so the Jamaican seeds will have to wait for the right time. I will be very active in this journal though, keeping an eye on what everyone gets. It will be interesting to see since everyone has different seeds except for some that shared a cab to my place and found some good bud with seeds.

And those are the ones that we germinated. It was the bag that sold itself without the driver saying anything!

fe5068789d9d14c53d31ff7c5c80818d.jpg

Interesting, so you are waiting to sprout the seeds you got from Dreadman?

Also, make sure to post a link for the Devil's Carnival thread once that happens, I won't be germinating for a while, but I will be front and center.

Interesting, so you are waiting to sprout the seeds you got from Dreadman?

Those will be in the next run...give it a month and they will be dunked. :thumb:

Also, make sure to post a link for the Devil's Carnival thread once that happens, I won't be germinating for a while, but I will be front and center.

Oh for sure! I'll make sure it can be found.

maybe I can coax one of these Devils Carnival to be good for me.
We planted 28 of them yesterday! :rofl: Canna started eating the extra ones with tap roots lol.

Jis here to watch.:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom