SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

We've hit 550 pages on the previous journal, more than enough reason to start anew. I'll try to keep the additions to between 300-400 pages from now on. We do enjoy each other's company, don't we?

I'm transitioning the entire grow over to Doc Bud's High BrixBlend kit, which most of us affectionately refer to as "the kit", to keep anyone from being confused. I've been growing in Doc's kit for coming up on two years now..... Wow! That caught me off guard. I'm not all that good at it yet, but this year I have a renewed focus on growing the best, most trichome-laden girls I can because I intend to begin making the Naturally Decarbed SAP oil the Grow Goddess has developed. I'm feeling certain this may be some of the best CCO one could produce on your own.

I'll be using four spaces:

- 2 Mars-Hydro 2x2 tents for flowering
- the tiny closet for Dark Devil Autos
- a 4' x 13" metal shelf for veg

At the moment there's an Advanced DS XML 350 in one of the 2x2 tents and a Budmaster II G.O.D. panel over the other tent. The tiny closet is covered by a Timber Lights Vero 240 and the veg shelf is being served by two Mars-Hydro panels, a 3x100 and a 5x60.

I'm waiting on a special shipment from Timber Lights. They're fabricating a group of lights to cover all of the grow spaces and be more in keeping with my fluid growing style. A lot of excitement over this development, which frees up a lot of lights to find their way into other grows.

So what's growing, and what do I have planned for the upcoming year? I still have one plant in LOS, The Candy Cane in flower now. She'll be finishing up sometime in the next month.

IMG_45659.JPG

IMG_45647.JPG

To keep myself from getting crazy and messing with the kit plants as I try to gain better mastery of the system I'll be keeping a hempy pot going off to the side. It's my opportunity to learn bottled nutes and just plain have fun. :cheesygrinsmiley: At the moment that spot is occupied by Emerald, a clone of the more sativa-leaning Carnival. She's struggled as I demonstrated multiple ineptitudes at this method, but she's hung in there with me. She's at Day 119, 23 days into flowering.

IMG_45629.JPG

IMG_456310.JPG

Carn1:4, a clone of the more indica-trending Carnival, is due to come down by the weekend. She's overrun with mites or she'd get a couple more weeks.

IMG_456714.JPG

The tiny closet is currently home to a CBD Critical Cure, my second attempt with this strain, and the clone I made from the top I clipped off her last month. She's 71 days old and itching to get into that flowering tent.

IMG_45709.JPG

These will be the replacement in that space. Two Dark Devil Auto seeds secured from the stock created by Rifleman. I need to see what these seeds are capable of.

IMG_459011.JPG

I'll be focusing on Carnival most of the year, learning to grow consistent yields and potency. The grow, for the most part will be a steady supply of Carnival, Dark Devil Auto and CBD Critical Cure. I've pretty much figured out what works for myself and my daughter. I'm sure other plants will find their way in. I have some Jamaican seeds to get to and Canna and Nis gifted me some Devil's Carnival seeds of their own making. How do I pass up the opportunity to try a cross of my two favorite strains?

The shelves will be moved into the living room, since they'll be veg only and I won't need the LED panels for that. I can start with CFLs and reflectors.

IMG_458912.JPG

I'll be installing an RO system ASAP. Need to get it ordered. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It'll be nice to get the space in my bathroom back. :battingeyelashes: :love:

My goals for this grow are the same as they've always been, keep me high on Carnival or Dark Devil Auto and keep myself and my daughter supplied with capsules made with a good CBD strain having at least a balanced ratio.

I believe that's all the pertinent information. Let me open the door and welcome you all.

:hug: :love:

:Namaste:

Subbed up first page too lol happy growing. That is a cross with a photo carnival and a auto dark devil right. So the seeds be a mix of mostly photos right? Until the second crossing I think?

"carpe diem"

I have no idea Islandgrow. I'm not breeding, I'm growing. I'll leave the breeding to those more attuned to that energy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice job catching the first seat. :hug: :love:

I would not miss it my friend.

Cheers.

So glad to see you here so quickly my friend. :hug: I feel like I'm not catching up. :laughtwo: I keep opening new rooms.

Hey there Sue! I'm here!

There you are girl. :hug: :love: Make yourself at home. :battingeyelashes:

Subbed.

First page on a Sweet Sue journal :)

Hi there!

Hey Rad....:hug: :love:

Move over a little please, I gotta be in the front row. :) :popcorn:

Comfy? Look at that.... first row. That was quick of you Mr. McCain. :hug: :love:

:popcorn: nom nom nom, meow. :ciao:

Sweet..... kitten calls....:circle-of-love: Welcome to the new room keltic. :hug: :love:

Wow only 7 posts to read to get caught up

It's usually 7 pages to get caught up in your thread Sue

Good luck on the new journal and happy growing.

HH

:laughtwo: Yeah.... This won't happen again, so enjoy the moment Hash Hound. Lol!

Can I hang out here and follow along too?

Absolutely buckaroo. Find a spot and jump right into the conversation. :battingeyelashes: :love:

There's some decarbed Carnival in the dish and brownies on the table in the corner. Help yourself everyone. I'll be in and out while I continue on with my evening buzz of Carnival.

:passitleft:

Subbed up first page too lol happy growing. That is a cross with a photo carnival and a auto dark devil right. So the seeds be a mix of mostly photos right? Until the second crossing I think?

"carpe diem"
Those seeds are from the 2nd crossing. The auto gene could pop out with those. The journey continues to stabilize. :thumb:

Hey sue! I'm checking in for this adventure.

Welcome Nis. :hug: :love: I've been lost in RO systems at the rainforest site, and now my brain hurts. :straightface: How much waste water do these systems create? You might not consider this a concern, but if I increase my water usage too much in this apartment it's gonna raise some interest we don't want raised. I already pay an additional $30 a month for the washer. If I'm wasting three gallons for every one I get for the plants that's not gonna sit well with me.

Also, I don't need a tank, do I? I know too little about these systems. Someone explain to me once more please why one is so necessary.

Humor me. I'm a cantankerous old woman with the spirit of a thrifty Scott.

Those seeds are from the 2nd crossing. The auto gene could pop out with those. The journey continues to stabilize. :thumb:

You did tell me that when you gave me the seeds. :oops:

:woohoo: Find a seat and make yourself comfortable. :hug: :love:

Ahhhh..... There you are Graytail. :kisstwo:

I'm trying really hard to play by the rules Graytail. I'm so damned hardheaded. You understand that better than most of the gathered crew. :straightface:

I need a good buzz. Thank goodness I have such a decent choice.

Welcome Nis. :hug: :love: I've been lost in RO systems at the rainforest site, and now my brain hurts. :straightface: How much waste water do these systems create? You might not consider this a concern, but if I increase my water usage too much in this apartment it's gonna raise some interest we don't want raised. I already pay an additional $30 a month for the washer. If I'm wasting three gallons for every one I get for the plants that's not gonna sit well with me.

Also, I don't need a tank, do I? I know too little about these systems. Someone explain to me once more please why one is so necessary.

Humor me. I'm a cantankerous old woman with the spirit of a thrifty Scott.

Do you need an RO tank?

Yes you need a tank. The RO system creates it's RO and stores it in a pressurized tank. This is your reservoir. When the reservoir tank is empty you have to wait for it to partially fill before removing more water. 50 gallons per day is a typical RO system 'speed.' that translates to about 2 gallons per hour or 1 oz per minute - so 8 minutes to fill up a glass of water once your tank has emptied- and an hour to refill a 2 gallon RO tank. Ever use one of those Brita pitchers that filter water? A Brita pitcher fills faster than a typical RO system.

How do I save water in an RO system?

Buy a system with a Permeate Pump.

A permeate pump (permeate is jargon for RO water) is just a small, two sided valve that uses the pressure on side A to provide pressure on side B, and the opposite, to and fro like a seesaw.
It is driven by the rejected water pressure and uses the power to recycle some of the rejected water back through the filters, thus extracting more RO (permeate.)

An RO system without a permeate pump is like the cirulatory system of a plant - gravity driven. Adding a permeate pump is like adding a heart.If you think if the RO membrane as a liver converting THC, then instead of relying solely on first pass pass metabolism of gravity to exract the RO water, the permeate pump pumps it around again for another chance to be metabolized/extracted via the RO membrane.

In practical terms, it's another part in the RO system than is optionally installed - like a 4th filter or a PH adjuster. Most RO systems don't have a heart :)

The net effect is taking an RO system from a 3:1 or 5:1 waste water to RO ratio down to near 1:1 - Instead of wasting 60-80% of the water, a little more than half the water is water.

Once installed, the main thing you will notice is the sound of RO water going down your drain stops and starts every 1-2 seconds while the tank is filling instead of a steady trickle. You will notice this sound. In a small apartment, you will hear the water draining into your sink drain, so try to put in your drain as far from the actual sink opening as practical - so you hear it less.

On the plus side, a permeate pump increases the water pressure into the RO tank so the last 10-20% of the time filling the tank is as fast as the first 10-20%. Without the permeate pump, the last 5-20% of the tank never gets filled or fills slower than the first 80%. If you drain the tank once or twice almost every day (like I do) this makes a difference in how fast new RO water is available again. The rating on my system also changed from 50 gal/day to 100 gal/day (pecause of the increased pumping pressure of the permeate pump.)

This info is based on what the vendor srote about my system vs the other systems they sell. It should be the roughly the same for other RO systems.

Back
Top Bottom