Hippie 66 First Indoor Attempt

I have invested in a Mars 4×4 tent and Mars II 1200 w light, 400 CFR fan, carbon filter, clip on fans, seeds from UK, timer, PH testers, and a small thermostatically controlled heater as my basement area is a bit chilly and the mars only kept the temp at around 64° +/-. I am growing in happy frog and have 9 seeds sprouted at about 1" right now
3× 00 bubblegum, 3× Humboldt purple trainwreck and 3× Humbolt blue dream.

One thing I have yet to decide on is a nutrient regimen. I am leaning toward advance iguana juice grow/bloom. I am hoping that @Versais will weigh in on this as it is his choice and his journals are where I became aware of this product. I have used advance big Bud and Bud candy outdoors during flowering, but IJ is something I am curious about.

Sound fun man! If you go to 420 guidelines and FAQs it should have a tutorial for ya. It is in the drop-down forums tab in the upper left. Happy Growing

It will be the shortest journal on record if I can't figure it out. I hate computers for a reason.

Damn technology. I'm gonna have to get my oldest to help me upload pics. Everything is growing good though. My second leaves past the cotyledons are popping through now. One week after popping thru the soil. I am still thinking I will have to move out of the basement tho due to a lack of heat.

My heater is on a thermostat, and it stays around 72-74 degrees in the tent, but I have yet to run the exhaust as I don't want to suck the heat out of the tent. Heater would run non stop in that case. Anyone see an issue with not running the exhaust at this point in the game?

Things are progressing nicely, especially underground. I made a point to use clear 16 oz. Solo cups to start so that I could track root development and I am glad I did. Roots are at the bottom of the cups at this point, and things are looking healthy. I am definitely moving the tent out of the basement this weekend tho, as heat is an issue, and I don't want to suck heated air out with the exhaust fan. Once the move is complete I will upload some pics. Please bear with me on that. And quite honestly pics of sprouts are just boring anyway. ( And sadly I still need my kid to help with that) until then...

FYI...It is MUCH easier to upload photos from the app. If you have a smart phone or tablet download it even if its just to get your photos up. The app is much more user friendly for people who aren't computer savvy. Instead of having to first upload your photos to the gallery and then code them into your post you can upload them directly in your reply.

Hope that helps.

Would love to see your grow.

xxKitty

Also... I hope you are keeping the clear cups in another dark cup. Roots will suffer tremendously when exposed to light... or else EVERY grower would be using clear containers because as you say you can monitor root growth. Please get those roots in absolute DARKNESS if they aren't already!

Also... I hope you are keeping the clear cups in another dark cup. Roots will suffer tremendously when exposed to light... or else EVERY grower would be using clear containers because as you say you can monitor root growth. Please get those roots in absolute DARKNESS if they aren't already![/QUOTE

Wow I did not know that. Thank you much! I will take care of that ASAP. I have always started my outdoor grows that way. I'll pick up some red cups in the morning on my way home.

What most people will do if they absolutely want to see their early root growth is buy a set of clear cups and an identical or larger set of colored cups to slide them inside of. If you don't have that... black electrical tape could be wrapped around the cups as a quick fix and you can peel it back easily to see growth if you really want. :)
xxKitty

What most people will do if they absolutely want to see their early root growth is buy a set of clear cups and an identical or larger set of colored cups to slide them inside of. If you don't have that... black electrical tape could be wrapped around the cups as a quick fix and you can peel it back easily to see growth if you really want. :)
xxKitty

It's nice to get some feedback finally. Thank you. I'll just grab some red or blue cups on my way out of work. Tytytytyty

No problem... its the photos. I didn't notice you had written about the clear cups until the second time I read through the thread. We are all big kids really... we like the picture books :) Even if its a tap root, sprout, or seedling (Today my girls have their one week above soil photo shoot!):) :) :) Come stop by my grow journal sometime. I am trying my best with what little funds I have but thankfully this is a hobby where you can grow as you go as they grow :) I hope you have an easier time uploading your photos with the app... it is especially easy if you are using the camera on your phone...

xxKitty

No problem... its the photos. I didn't notice you had written about the clear cups until the second time I read through the thread. We are all big kids really... we like the picture books :) Even if its a tap root, sprout, or seedling (Today my girls have their one week above soil photo shoot!):) :) :) Come stop by my grow journal sometime. I am trying my best with what little funds I have but thankfully this is a hobby where you can grow as you go as they grow :) I hope you have an easier time uploading your photos with the app... it is especially easy if you are using the camera on your phone...

xxKitty

Where/how do I find the app to download it?
P.S. I got dark cups

Back
Top Bottom