First Grow - 4x4 Tent With Mars Hydro 1200W

huntandfish88

Hey everyone

Starting off my first grow ever! After a lot of research on this site decided to buy the following set up:

4x4x6 tent
Mars Hydro 1200 watt.
4" inline fan with carbon filter
2 bubba kush fem seeds
3 green crack fem seeds

I started them from seed and the first one sprouted on Feb 10th and the latest sprouted 3 days ago. I kept them in smaller pots until they got bigger. I recently planted them in 7 gallon faboric pots day before yesterday.

The GC was much quicker to germinate and are growing much quicker than the BK.

I am using general organic nutrient kit and just started using it on the bigger plants.

I noticed my biggest GC started getting some yellow tipped leaves on the lower 2 branches. Anyone know what this might be from? I will post pics shortly.

Day 15 Green Crack
IMG_354411.JPG

IMG_353911.JPG

Day 10 Green Crack
IMG_354912.JPG

Day 4 Green Crack
IMG_354815.JPG

Day 10 Bubba Kush
IMG_354611.JPG

Day 3 Bubba Kush
IMG_354713.JPG

Thats awesome how do you like your 1600?

Do you turn both grow and flower lights on when in veg mode or just grow?

Hey I'm definitely going to sub to this one I'm using the 1600w in a 5x5. Sorry no input on the yellowing tips but I'm sure someone will stop in and help out.

My first grow Mars II 1600w coco grow -- 1600W LED 5x5 Tent

Right now I'm waiting on my seeds. I checked the tracking number and it says it should be here tomorrow. I'm going to start with just the grow on while they're young and then once they start taking off I'll flip them both on. Right now I have my mom's in there now under both on. She's already a few weeks into flower.

My first grow Mars II 1600w coco grow -- 1600W LED 5x5 Tent

Very happy to see a grow this early on, I usually come in late in the game. As for the 15 day GC it could be a calmag problem. What nutes are you using? Usually in the beginning of the grow they can feed on the soil and get all that they would need. That being said I would generally start feeding those plants a little bit of whatever you're planning on using at this time.

What are you growing in? I grew bubba kush from clones when I first started. I was the easiest plant I grew. Took really well to feeding and flowered quick. I hope yours does as well under the Mars. Back then I was using ghetto CFLs :rofl:

:goodjob: Cant wait to see whats to come.

Very happy to see a grow this early on, I usually come in late in the game. As for the 15 day GC it could be a calmag problem. What nutes are you using? Usually in the beginning of the grow they can feed on the soil and get all that they would need. That being said I would generally start feeding those plants a little bit of whatever you're planning on using at this time.

What are you growing in? I grew bubba kush from clones when I first started. I was the easiest plant I grew. Took really well to feeding and flowered quick. I hope yours does as well under the Mars. Back then I was using ghetto CFLs :rofl:

Thanks for tuning in and I appreciate your suggestion. I'm growing in promix organic soil with a few slight modifications.

As far as the nutes I'm using general organics grow box kit. I haven't really been feeding them too much of it just yet but tomorrow I will water with it. I'll let you know if they start to improve.

I got my seeds from CKS. Has anyone tried growing bubba kush or green crack? I'd love to hear any tips or precautions I should take.

thanks

I am growing green crack right now, and will be starting a journal in a couple weeks here for flowering.

IMO, and i am far from an expert, looks like your plants may be over watered, how often are you watering?

For veg, only use the grow light, and at what height above the canopy do you currently have it? That is pretty bright for seedlings, might be better off with T8 or T5 or CFLs to start, or at least raise it up quite a bit then lower it slowly every couple of days.

Yeah,i agree with you,growing under LED grow light,more cal and mag needed.:high-five:

I am growing green crack right now, and will be starting a journal in a couple weeks here for flowering.

IMO, and i am far from an expert, looks like your plants may be over watered, how often are you watering?

For veg, only use the grow light, and at what height above the canopy do you currently have it? That is pretty bright for seedlings, might be better off with T8 or T5 or CFLs to start, or at least raise it up quite a bit then lower it slowly every couple of days.

I was watering every other day when in the small pots because the soil dried out pretty quick due to my temp and rh in the tent. I transplanted them Thursday night last week into the bigger pots (7 gallon) and water them that night and Again on Sunday morning.

The temp in the tent now with the big pots is right around 78 and 45% rh with lights on and 68-70 and 35-40% rh lights off.

The light is about 22" from the top of the canopy on the biggest plant right now.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah,i agree with you,growing under LED grow light,more cal and mag needed.:high-five:

Thanks for your input!!

I haven't been giving them much nutes just yet. Just plain water. Going to whip up a batch of the general organics and give them some more water tonight if they're ready for it. Hopefully they bounce back!

Thanks for your input!!

I haven't been giving them much nutes just yet. Just plain water. Going to whip up a batch of the general organics and give them some more water tonight if they're ready for it. Hopefully they bounce back!

I've learned that less is always more. nute companies go by different grows in there calculations for example one company can go with a 600w grow with 5 plants and another can be a 1000w with 10, then there are leds and different genetics, I'm not an expert on this correct me if I'm wrong but since there is not really a standard I just go with half the recommended nutes.

But in the beginning I just put water for the babies cuz there so young . .

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbing in.... That is one ultra nice setup for a beginner grow dude! Depending on your soil mix 'modifications'... the yellowing might ACTUALLY be because the pro mix is a bit 'hot' for seedlings... especially if you added anything nutrient wise.... and you transplanted them into a big pot of it as well. I have my seedlings in BioBizz all mix and even thought I added in about 35% perlite I have a few weirdly formed first true leaves and I am fairly sure it is because of the all mix being so rich. My seedlings all popped between last Tuesday the 21st and Thursday 23rd so I am just a little behind you but MILES behind you equipment wise! I coaxed my seedlings with cfls before putting them under a mars 300 supplemented still with my cfls. I have the biobizz lineup of nutes ready but wouldn't dream of using it before 2-3 weeks above soil... when dealing with such rich soils like pro mix or all mix.... You got a really gotta let them eat up the nutrients in the soil first. Thats just what I know... Maybe someone else will chime in with a different theory. Good luck... Your ladies have a lovely place to flourish... just remember it is much more often new growers OVER do things... Not saying you are... just saying that is what you will hear everyone tell you... less is more. Listen to your plants... they will tell you what they want :)

xxKitty

I was watering every other day when in the small pots because the soil dried out pretty quick due to my temp and rh in the tent. I transplanted them Thursday night last week into the bigger pots (7 gallon) and water them that night and Again on Sunday morning.

The temp in the tent now with the big pots is right around 78 and 45% rh with lights on and 68-70 and 35-40% rh lights off.

The light is about 22" from the top of the canopy on the biggest plant right now.

Again, i am not an expert but i think you need to let your pot dry out somewhat between watering, you want the roots to search for water and expand. Too much watering leads to lack of oxygen and growth stalls. Lift your pot after you have watered to get a sense of the weight, then don't water again until it feels at least 50% lighter during veg or something near there.

I would also raise your light to 30". If you look at the par chart for the mars II 1200 for the height at 18", you will see a massive hot spot in the middle at 1000-2000. If that is where you have your plants centered, you are essentially cooking them at the height. Back the light off, see how they respond, and let them grow up into the light. Without CO2, you basically need 700 for veg and 800-1000 for flowering, seedlings much less for the first couple weeks.

par1200.jpg

I tried flowering at 18 and found it was too close for myself personally, i raised my 1200 to 24" and it got a better spread and reduced the hot spot.

GWB

Subbing in.... That is one ultra nice setup for a beginner grow dude! Depending on your soil mix 'modifications'... the yellowing might ACTUALLY be because the pro mix is a bit 'hot' for seedlings... especially if you added anything nutrient wise.... and you transplanted them into a big pot of it as well. I have my seedlings in BioBizz all mix and even thought I added in about 35% perlite I have a few weirdly formed first true leaves and I am fairly sure it is because of the all mix being so rich. My seedlings all popped between last Tuesday the 21st and Thursday 23rd so I am just a little behind you but MILES behind you equipment wise! I coaxed my seedlings with cfls before putting them under a mars 300 supplemented still with my cfls. I have the biobizz lineup of nutes ready but wouldn't dream of using it before 2-3 weeks above soil... when dealing with such rich soils like pro mix or all mix.... You got a really gotta let them eat up the nutrients in the soil first. Thats just what I know... Maybe someone else will chime in with a different theory. Good luck... Your ladies have a lovely place to flourish... just remember it is much more often new growers OVER do things... Not saying you are... just saying that is what you will hear everyone tell you... less is more. Listen to your plants... they will tell you what they want :)

xxKitty

Thanks for checking out my grow!! I appreciate your kind words and your advice. There is only so much you can learn from reading...until you actually start growing for yourself!!

The only thing I added to my soil was some worm castings and perlite.

The pro mix I used has Nitrogen/phosphorus acid/Soluable potash of 0.2%/0.1%/0.08% and 40% organic matter. Not sure if that really matters.

I think I'm going to wait at least another week before adding any nutes to my water. I am however going to mix 5ml/gal of cal mag to see if that helps.

Again, i am not an expert but i think you need to let your pot dry out somewhat between watering, you want the roots to search for water and expand. Too much watering leads to lack of oxygen and growth stalls. Lift your pot after you have watered to get a sense of the weight, then don't water again until it feels at least 50% lighter during veg or something near there.

I would also raise your light to 30". If you look at the par chart for the mars II 1200 for the height at 18", you will see a massive hot spot in the middle at 1000-2000. If that is where you have your plants centered, you are essentially cooking them at the height. Back the light off, see how they respond, and let them grow up into the light. Without CO2, you basically need 700 for veg and 800-1000 for flowering, seedlings much less for the first couple weeks.

par1200.jpg

I tried flowering at 18 and found it was too close for myself personally, i raised my 1200 to 24" and it got a better spread and reduced the hot spot.

GWB

I use the "finger in the pot" technique to see when I should water. Since I've repotted them in 7 gallon pots they don't need as frequent watering as when they are in smaller cups.

I just raised my light to 26" to see if that will make a difference! Fingers crossed they will start taking off.

Really appreciate your input!!

Back
Top Bottom