First Grow! Nirvana Papaya - LED - Soil

GandalfsPipe

Hi all! First & foremost I owe this community a huge 'thank you' for getting me this far! Everything from inline fans, to grow lights, to seed banks, to grow techniques - there is never a topic I can't ask & not receive fantastic advice, so thank you all.

This is my first grow and know there will be a HUGE learning curve. For that reason (and because I have some vacation scheduled during this grow) I am starting off with one plant only.

Seedling sprouted 2 days ago and is enjoying the 600W VIPARSPECTRA veg light only from about 32" (was at about 18" but read the lights manual and they suggested the first week at this height and then bringing it down to 24").

Humidity has been my first hurdle, but believe I have it under control. My basement is naturally dry (16%) but solved this through a bucket of water with a small towel to increase the evaporation "surface area" - now I'm climbing everyday and currently at ~40%.

Below you can see my setup and closeup of my plant (first "real" leaves popped out today  ). Questions appreciated, advice even more so!

Wondering when I should start feeding nutes (even at 1/4 or 1/2 strength) and when I should pot up to its final 5 gallon Smart pot.

420-magazine-mobile492803302.jpg

420-magazine-mobile582496625.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Will be watching for sure. I'm currently growing a papaya from nirvana. Also have the same brand light, mine is 450w tho.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My papaya. Veg her only 30 days.. 15 days into flower
420-magazine-mobile1761984017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1795514789.jpg

That might be the prettiest plant I've seen! No discoloring, leaves are GREEN, got a good posture, nice!

Did vegging her for only a month keep her that low and bushy or did you do any training? What are you hoping for yield given her short veg?

Thanks. She is a very easy plant to grow. She is a short plant when just veg is only a 30 days, but yeah I did top her at 3rd node. And tied her down a lil when switched to flower, to let in more light.. yield.. I'm hoping for at least 56G's. Only second grow, first with LED. I have 400w hps light on 50% power in my tent also.

What kind of pot is that? Are those her clones in there as well?

It's just a 7 gallon plastic pot that I drilled holes in. No ive never cloned. They were grown from seed,2 papaya feminized and 2 freebies.

Day 8 - have been more misting than watering the lil girl. I put water in her dish so that I would get higher humidity in the tent (success - right at 40%-50%) but didn't elevate the solo cup from this resovoir so her soil is soaked.

Won't be watering for at least 3-5 days, just misting. Also, lowered the lights to 24". Once she is dried out I am going to start her at a 1/4 - 1/8 strength nutes and start building up to full strength.

When should I transplant to the 5 gallon fabric pot? 14-21 days?

420-magazine-mobile2030910443.jpg

Subbing up. I have a few Papaya beans ready to pop in a few weeks.

It's always nice to see what other growers are up to with a similar strain :)

Cheers!
/Obi

Subbing up. I have a few Papaya beans ready to pop in a few weeks.

It's always nice to see what other growers are up to with a similar strain :)

Cheers!
/Obi
Thanks Obi! Let me know if you see anything you think I should fix. When do you think I can start a light nutes feeding? When do you typically start feeding them?

If you're soil has nutes you should be good for a while I think. I started mine in rapid rooters and moved to coco a week later. I've been feeding per the bottles recommendation but only every 3 waterings. I noticed they like it when you let the soil get almost dry. Forces the roots to look for water.

Could be genetics too. Don't get yourself worked up. She's got her whole life ahead of her!

Could be genetics too. Don't get yourself worked up. She's got her whole life ahead of her!

Yeah I'm not terribly worried they look super healthy I just see people with plants twice the size at that age!

Sent from

They look great dude!!

I wondered the same thing about mine but everyone tells me they're heathy and not to worry. Mine are a haze hybrid and haze is notoriously slow growing so I chock it up to that

Back
Top Bottom