SunWorshiper Offgrid Greenhouse Season 2 Hibrix Marshydro SPL Blackout

SunWorshiper

The snow is melting, the sun is trying and we are back online! This is a full offgrid grow. Water and power both, somewhere montana. Last year we used a 730nm Flower initiator and we were pleased. Yet with the worst growing season in our lifetime we have decided this year to go with an automatic blackout shade for the whole ceiling.

The shade will give us many pros and a few cons that we can cover later but the main goal is to harvest with the better sun and weather of the summer. Hope to have the girls flowering in may and done in august.

Speaking of girls I'll have bubblechem and diesel from last year and will be adding gorilla glue and strawberry/blueberry.

Looking forward to the challenges of this year but also the advantages of only battling 1 season vs 2. So many things to blog but so little time to type rt now. Will keep updating as I can. But I did manage to get a picture to get things going :)

Grown with sunshine, marshydro, SPL in a DocBud's hibrix 65 gallon homemade smart pot inside 110 gallon tubs. State medicinal compliant. Room is 8x13 two story.
ZomboMeme02032017145522_02032017145522.jpg

SunWorshiper's Offgrid Greenhouse 730nm Flower Initiator & Marshydro 48

For those new to my journal I'll introduce myself a bit. This journal I labeled season 2. As this is my second season growing offgrid. I have grown indoors and outdoors in the tropics. Both hydro and organic soil.

Well everything changed when I moved to Montana and went offgrid. The temperatures here are crazy and the sun is usually weak. So I've been calling this season 2 as this is my second season growing in this crazy environment. All of which is made more difficult by being offgrid.

This year my greenhouse roof will get installed vs the plastic sheeting I had last year. This will help with temps. Also the automatic blackout shade can then be installed which will let me harest w the good sunshine in the summer. Last year I dug and poured the foundation for another solar tracker. This tracker will hold more panels then the one I have now so I will be more than doubling my power production. This should make juggling my house and garden a much easier task energy wise.

I also plan on finalizing the second story floor inside the greenhouse so I'll have somewhere to maybe dry and cure as well as a place to keep clones below. The floor is heated so that's not an issue. Power is the issue since I won't have the sunshine to do it on sun alone. Just have to see how we do this year and then fine tune next year.

I chase the best taste quality and strongest taste in my grows. From there I look for what helps my pain the most. If my medicine doesnt taste good I don't take it so flavor is almost everything. I noticed most the top flavor contenders in contests are usually indoor grown. Still I've always felt like the key is a hybrid system. A lot of sunshine and a lot of lights. I can't wait to see the results when it is finally all dialed in.

As for the hibrix my last grow was only highbrix in flowering so I'm looking forward to seeing what that does from start to finish. I was pretty impressed with the highbrix last grow. Also the bubblechem I grew with the earthjuice line was top notch as well. The bud washing technique was a must no doubt.

As for the lights I will continue with my much loved marshydro reflector 48s and will probably add a second SPL 1,000w. Hoping next year to add a couple light movers but can't afford that this year.

As for climate control I'll probably scrap the a/c on wheels and buy a tiny wall shaker unit as they are much more efficient. Soon as the roof is done i will be able to mount the new ac. The honeywell swamp cooler from last year was amazing and will stay on board for sure. Speaking of humidity, I probably won't need to use the dehumidifier as much this year. Since I'm growing more in one season this year and it is the summer I will have more power to us. Which is a big benefit. In addition my grow will take less power anyway as I won't need to run lights as much as the sunshine will be so strong. Then when I harvest I won't be fighting humidity as much. Pushing my grow forward into the spring/summer vs summer/fall has so many benefits. Really looking forward to some new strains!

Thanks. I usually always update the thread on Sativa Sundays with current pictures. Then it's random other than that when I will post pictures but usually Sativa Sundays for sure. I do like to post when I do major trimmings or transplants or anything major etc so later on if I forget I can always go back and reference my journal :) I see you're from Australia. I've grown the ducksfoot in Hawaii which I've heard was local but also heard elsewhere it was from Wally down in Oz. Have you ever grown the ducksfoot?

Hey I'm subbed! I honestly didn't know you flowered in high brix soil last time haha but you killed it! So can't wait to see what you can do with high brix throughout these girls whole lives! Glad to see the got a bigger sun as well lol.

Have a good one man!
:roorrip:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey I'm subbed! I honestly didn't know you flowered in high brix soil last time haha but you killed it! So can't wait to see what you can do with high brix throughout these girls whole lives! Glad to see the got a bigger sun as well lol.

Have a good one man!
:roorrip:

Thanks man! I'm transplanting and cropping soon. Actuallyrt now they are just in coconut. To be specific they just get hibrix this transplant. I just feel that it's more of start to finish as 98% of the grow will be in highbrix. Hopefully next grow will be planted in hibrix but I had some frozen soil issues this year lol. I'm stoked to have the black out shades this year to go 12/12. Also to still use the 730nm. Its still pretty new but others are liking it. Icemud has a good journal going with one now, not sure if you subbed to that one but if not check it out. Thas pretty much my stoked pipe dream for this year. Better hibrix, 12/12 and 730 :) thanks for the support bro

Thanks man! I'm transplanting and cropping soon. Actuallyrt now they are just in coconut. To be specific they just get hibrix this transplant. I just feel that it's more of start to finish as 98% of the grow will be in highbrix. Hopefully next grow will be planted in hibrix but I had some frozen soil issues this year lol. I'm stoked to have the black out shades this year to go 12/12. Also to still use the 730nm. Its still pretty new but others are liking it. Icemud has a good journal going with one now, not sure if you subbed to that one but if not check it out. Thas pretty much my stoked pipe dream for this year. Better hibrix, 12/12 and 730 :) thanks for the support bro

I think 98 % is pretty damn close! Anyways I'll that's sick that you have the black out shades now to for 12 12. I will also have to check out that journal and see the 730 nm being used!

Transplanted yesterday and began Bonsai! Not an hour or so later the leaves were aiming back towards the lights :) looking good again! The girls now have their toes in hibrix! Kinda feels like the intro music is ended now and the movie is actually getting started :popcorn:
2017-03-07_17_42_24.jpg

Ok so happy Season 2 Sativa Sunday!

We have bubblechem on the left and gorilla glue #4 on the right. I had turned the timers to a Gas Lantern grow last night(12/5.5/1/5.5) But before long I had decided to change my mind. The bubblechem just did not seem to do well w it last year and then would not revert to veg no matter if I gave it 20 hours of light for a month or two. Could have been operator error but I'm not set up this year to have the ability to tinker w things. Hoping down the road to experiment more w gas lantern.
Also the fall back of the gas lantern rt now is the plants are in my kitchen and the light coming on for an hour at midnight does me no good as I'm usually asleep then. So I decided to try 15/9. That way the light will still be on for the few hours after sunset while I'm awake doing things. The gas lantern technique uses 13 hours of lights. So I'll try this solid15 hours and see if the bubblechem will keep from flowering while still saving me energy.
The plants are doing great. By the feel of things they will get their first hibrix tea drench in the morning. After looking at the calendar and sunshine charts iv decided to switch to flowering around middle of may. Should be just enough time to transplant a few more times and end up flowering again in the 65gal custom smarpots inside of the 110 gallon black tubs. I'm guessing in a few weeks or month. They will make the next move into larger pots. Looking forward to seeing this hibrix do its thing. And for flowering with the summer sun vs fall sun! Ok that and the new strains too :)
2017-03-12_14_37_29.jpg

Hey hey hey! Artic wazup! Thanks for the comment. Funny story I was reading your journal last week or so and fumbled the phone. When I picked it back up it read "UNSUBSCRIBED"! I was literally like NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Ever since then it's not in my feed. I have to dig into "all subscribed journals" to find it where before I just clicked on user control panel and that was it. I've tried to delete other subscriptions and get you back up top but it doesn't work. It's cool just have to work a lil harder to admire your grow room now. Was freaking for a second though because before I resubscribed I couldn't remember you complete handle. Started searching for artic grow, artic grower, artic everything lol. Didn't want to loose a fellow cold climate grower. Btw you gunna grow outdoor at all this year?

Happy to get round your place here, awesome setup man! Outdoors is a lil tuff here but not impossible to do, so much daylight during the summer ( yes both days of it lol) that you would have to make a way for it to be dark for flowering and Aug. normally is rain and more rain. Most growers we know put them out in containers for veg and move them indoors to flower, my problem is, if I'm going to grow outdoors you ain't picking up the container to move it anywhere because we would need a skid steer to drag the container and a 20 foot tall door to pull it thru :thumb:

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

Lol. What about auto flowers? Or blackout tarp? My friend in Washington made a hoop greenhouse large enough for a few plants out of livestock fencing. Then uses a tarp to cover it to make it 12/12. It's super wet there so he aimed the greenhouse so the wind flows right through it. He has like $20 into the whole grow and does very well. I'll see if he won't share pics w me again so I can post for ya.

Arctic I couldn't find the exterior picture for you but I did request another copy and he said he'll send one next time he is home. I did however dig up a picture from the inside and you can kinda get the idea. Pretty sure where the wire meets the ground he went outwards a foot or so to have realestate to put rocks ontop of to weight the greenhouse down. He has been running this setup for a few years and been working good. He said it was always way too wet naturally harvesting in the fall and the buds would mold. Now he harvests in summer and has much less moisture to deal with and better sunshine. Might be worth trying a couple different strains one year to see what works up there?
Screenshot_2017-03-17-10-25-29.png

Back
Top Bottom