300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

hello everyone! first time grower in the middle of veg right now. im about week 8 into veg and i just got my 300w led and tent almost two weeks ago. my plants are smaller due to growing under cheap florescent lighting at first. plants have responded amazingly with a little help of lst and fimming. using a 50/50 mix of ff of and happy frog for the soil and the ff nute line except tiger bloom(heard it lowers ph too much so i decided to leave it out). i also just started using calmag last watering and bought some blackstrap molasses the other day which im about to use tonight. i only have them in 10 inch pots for now, 1.5 gal maybe, i am getting 3 gal fabric pots later this week.

the seeds i am using are baggie seeds from good danky bud. ive read baggie seeds usually dont give the best results but was willing to give it a shot my first time around.

temps in the tent range from 79-73 during the day and get down to 68-66 at night. i usually try to keep the rh above 40% at least, i prefer it to be 45-50% if it gets there. hoping to get inline fans and carbon filter soon. after i get those items i am looking into getting a 600w led.

brewing up a special brew of the shown nutes in the photo. also a pic of the ladies(hopefully). thanks in advance to anyone who stops by and/or leaves any tips for me! like i said its my first time growing and could use any advice given!

20170305_194433_1_.jpg

20170305_194917_1_.jpg

:Namaste:

CANNABIS PLANTS aren't going to absorb ANY sugar from molasses and it has nothing to do w/ molecule interaction, lockout, etc. Many peeps have misinformed perspectives on molasses and carbohydrate supplements in general. Your plants don't absorb molasses, 'Sweet', or any carbohydrate. Many people think that these additives will make your smoke 'sweeter', which couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, if you aren't utilizing a system that provides for beneficial biological organisms (ie, soil, organic hydro, etc.), all those carbs that your adding to your plants, in whatever way it may be, are just going to waste. Yes, your flushing your money down the drain if you don't have beneficial microbes in your 'medium'. The carbohydrates are FOOD for the MICROBES, which break down large organic molecules making it possible/easier for the plant to uptake nutrients. Molasses serves additional purposes as far as micro-nutrient supplementation, etc....

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

It has magnesium, calcium, potassium and a little bit of iron as well. So if you are going organic it could possibly be a great organic calmag substitute with added potassium.

Also ive read it makes your buds more resinous and sweet.. so i figured it couldnt hurt. Plus you can get it at any larger grocery store i think.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking good bud!! I am also on my first grow. I am bout three weeks in and did my first fim. One might turn out to be a topping but either way m happy. Things are looking good. M subbed in keep it up!! Maybe u can take a look and tell me if I pulled the fim off right. I havent started LST yet due to them being real short and compact. Been under a dormgrow 450 watt LED. Growing in coco so m hoping they take off and would b glad if they look like urs!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

CANNABIS PLANTS aren't going to absorb ANY sugar from molasses and it has nothing to do w/ molecule interaction, lockout, etc. Many peeps have misinformed perspectives on molasses and carbohydrate supplements in general. Your plants don't absorb molasses, 'Sweet', or any carbohydrate. Many people think that these additives will make your smoke 'sweeter', which couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, if you aren't utilizing a system that provides for beneficial biological organisms (ie, soil, organic hydro, etc.), all those carbs that your adding to your plants, in whatever way it may be, are just going to waste. Yes, your flushing your money down the drain if you don't have beneficial microbes in your 'medium'. The carbohydrates are FOOD for the MICROBES, which break down large organic molecules making it possible/easier for the plant to uptake nutrients. Molasses serves additional purposes as far as micro-nutrient supplementation, etc....

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain
That makes more sense thank you. Funny hiw many different opinions are online about that stuff it's hard sometimes ti discern the truth.

First Journal - Mid Grow

Looking good bud!! I am also on my first grow. I am bout three weeks in and did my first fim. One might turn out to be a topping but either way m happy. Things are looking good. M subbed in keep it up!! Maybe u can take a look and tell me if I pulled the fim off right. I havent started LST yet due to them being real short and compact. Been under a dormgrow 450 watt LED. Growing in coco so m hoping they take off and would b glad if they look like urs!!

it almost looks like you may have cut just a tad bit too low, i cut a little too high i think on mine. its hard to tell tbh as this is the first time ive tried it. it will grow back though ill tell you that. how tall are your plants and how far along? they looked the right height to start lst possibly. im very happy with the results of the lst on my plants, so many more bud sites it seems. it takes a week or so after you do it but they thank you for it and hopefully i will thank them in return! :thumb:

Yea I think I cut to low on one and the other I think I hit just right. M not mad cause I can see the affects of both which this is a learning grow. On top one fim oh well there will b a next time!! M bout three weeks along. I have four nodes up jus real compact. After there top/fim grow LST it is. They are regular seeds so gonna take clones then bloom them. Don't want to put a lot of time in it then have all males!! I would happy with one female and ecstatic if I have two and if all three females m playing the lottery!! Lol! Thanks for looking though!! We all here to learn and grow this beautiful plant and reap or harvest. M gonna stick around and see you knock it out the park!!

sadly i think i got some runoff water from one of the other plants on my biggest one and it burnt the crap out of some of the leaves.. unless it is something else, but i do remember getting some on it i just didnt remember getting this much. hopefully it wont stunt her growth too much when i cut the leaves off.. ]=

20170308_202212_1_.jpg

The ladies are looking great after just waking up, thought they would be sad looking but they looked happy! i topped them all four days ago and they are filling out nicely.

I have some fabric 3g pots i ordered coming monday as well as some ph equipment and another clip fan for the canopy as i only have an oscillating fan on the floor pointed up now. Gonna transplant monday then give them another week or two before i flip them to 12/12. Think that will be good timing? Been in veg for about nine weeks now.

Also i am very excited, my wife is getting annoyed about not having access to her closet and the bedroom at dark time. LOL so she wants to have us have separate rooms and us sleep in the other room. Which allows me to have basically an entire room to grow in.... I've been thinking about so many options today.. but im thinking of just having two tents with an area for clones and whatnot. Does a 2x4x5 tent for veg and a 4x4x6 for bloom sound like the best setup for having four or five plants in bloom at all times?

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds like a great set up. I have a whole room to grow in but only have the closet set up at the moment. Wanted to get a full grow in under my belt to make sure I want to dump all the money into it. But must say so far can't wait to get the set up going. M also gonna bloom on three gallon fabric pots. Been vegging in a one gallon plastic pots. Keep up the good work!!

Toned down the nutes just a tad bit and the ladies are responding to the feeding very well a day later. got the ph meter and an up and down kit i ordered, had some fun with that. felt like science class all over again! lol found out my tap water is around 8 ph, too high! im glad i got the up and down kit, cause i originally thought the runoff was too acidic cause of those dumbass litmus papers i had(i would not recommend using any type of ph strip they are bs) and was just going to get the up. lol so i downed the ph to 7.4 and tested all the runoffs the lighter green lady in the back who had some problems last week with the feeding i gave them tested 7. so i believe i figured out that issue. the biggest girl in the front was 6.5 unsurprisingly and the one to the left was 6.2.

i was going to transplant yesterday but the pots and that new clip fan in the corner of the second pic didnt come until today and they were thirsty. so ill probably wait until friday night to transplant to let the soil dry up a bit. do the fans in the tent look well placed? i put the clip fan higher so it blows down and across the canopy sorta and the oscillating fan is blowing against the back wall mostly. should they be blowing in the same direction or the opposite of each other? thanks guys!

20170314_230020_1_.jpg

20170314_230115_1_.jpg

:Namaste:

hey guys so i decided to transplant them last night. man when i took those pots off i was so surprised by the roots. i knew they were to the bottoms of the pots but i didnt know they were so filled out! pretty proud of myself so far.. here is hoping the second half of the grow goes just as well.

the light is closer to the plants now that i have them on these 2 liter bottle holders from coca cola and they are loving it. they recommend 24", which is where i had them, but they are about 16-20" away now and are definitely pointing towards the light more. gonna watch close for light burn but i think they will be fine.

im going to switch to 12/12 next week sometime, not sure when. gotta give them time to adjust to their new homes. gonna wait until it feels right, almost there. man i love growing any type of plant but growing what ive always wanted to grow just makes it that much more satisfying. enjoy the pics take care guys, dont think ill update again until next week sometime. gonna start being extra patient from now on. :Namaste:

20170315_215459_1_.jpg

20170316_204902_1_.jpg

20170316_205035_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom