NewB Grower Going To Need Your Help

Gelatitan

Hi folks, my name is Migg (or what my friends call me and here we're all friends .)
First off... This is just for me, and some sick (chemo patient kinda sick) folks.
so I'm focused on quality not quantity.

I just started my journey so here is what I'm working with.
4x4 tent.
2 300-watt full spectrum leds (amazon had a sale for like 90$ a pop figured good way to start.
Fox farm "3 bottles" kit
Cal-mag
Ph 5.8 (goal)
Drain to waste system
3 gallon buckets
Using coco peat mix (I haven't mix that yet)
Hand watering/feeding.
Not getting a fan and filter till next month (on a budget)
Thinking "lollipop " (for training)
Guests of Honor are : Blue dream and Goldleaf
I kinda understand feeding schedules, I'm just slightly confused on ..

Do I feed the plants 3 times a day , every day the "nutritional mix" or once then water or ??

Thinking about adding "rhino skin" into my mix...

any advice is Greatly welcomed but please explain why because I want to learn. I'll be posting pics soon.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well glad ur starting! I wouldn't come out the gate with three feeds a day. Work up to it! And also wouldn't start in such a big pot start small even a solo cup with holes punched in it for drainage. When they are seedlings a lot of people say give straight water but give them a real light nute dose real light!! I am on my first grow also but been part of the community for bout a year. I also am growing with LED in coco perlite mix. Also PH is very important always stay between 5.5 to 6.2 but 5.8 is the sweet spot. I would look into getting some great white also helps with nute uptake. Any other questions just ask. The only stupid question is the one not asked. And you can always come visit in my journal. M only three weeks in and just did my first topping/fimming!! This is a great community and there are a lot of professional growers here that will help you along the way. Good Luck!! Cant wait to see what you can do!! Knock it out the park!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Well glad ur starting! I wouldn't come out the gate with three feeds a day. Work up to it! And also wouldn't start in such a big pot start small even a solo cup with holes punched in it for drainage. When they are seedlings a lot of people say give straight water but give them a real light nute dose real light!! I am on my first grow also but been part of the community for bout a year. I also am growing with LED in coco perlite mix. Also PH is very important always stay between 5.5 to 6.2 but 5.8 is the sweet spot. I would look into getting some great white also helps with nute uptake. Any other questions just ask. The only stupid question is the one not asked. And you can always come visit in my journal. M only three weeks in and just did my first topping/fimming!! This is a great community and there are a lot of professional growers here that will help you along the way. Good Luck!! Cant wait to see what you can do!! Knock it out the park!!

Nice, just subs. so as far as feeding... which way do u suggest?

Wanna challenge? I need the villages to help!! Teach this young padawan your ways Jedi Masters... help me grow...
NewB grower gonna need ur help... .

Well when I started I did jus water but becase coco has nothing in it had issues early. So do a real light real light dose of nutes. Always b on top of PH. And the amount of water depends on size of pot but I want to give jus enough so it will be ready for another feed 24 hours later. But whatever you do don't let the medium be saturated all the time. In coco you wont overfeed but it will slow root growth. Read up on cultivator grows he also has a good how to feed coco thread. He is the man when it comes to coco. When I first started was gonna do ebb and flow but after following him it was a no brainer. Keep it simple and you will fly!!

Well when I started I did jus water but becase coco has nothing in it had issues early. So do a real light real light dose of nutes. Always b on top of PH. And the amount of water depends on size of pot but I want to give jus enough so it will be ready for another feed 24 hours later. But whatever you do don't let the medium be saturated all the time. In coco you wont overfeed but it will slow root growth. Read up on cultivator grows he also has a good how to feed coco thread. He is the man when it comes to coco. When I first started was gonna do ebb and flow but after following him it was a no brainer. Keep it simple and you will fly!!

Did we just become best friends....

Wanna challenge? I need the villages to help!! Teach this young padawan your ways Jedi Masters... help me grow...

420-magazine-mobile1274178973.jpg

The Biel twins (yes as in Jessica Biel) Aka Blue dream and bulbasaur aka gold leaf...

I did too!! Great movie great quote!! Just tied up at the job at that moment!! So what u got going on n da pics. I love how us growers make use of things laying around. U must b a movie buff like me!! Nothing like a good movie with a good smoke!! Lol!! Glad to have made a new friend. Keep up the good work cant wait to see this grow. R u running fem or reg seeds?

Mmmm chicken wit a side of fem seeds!! Lol!! Yea m starting with some reg seeds its a jack smack crossed with critical kush that a friend of mine bred!! My next one is gonna be a jack smack crossed with chocolope heard good things bout that one. Only thing I think m pretty brave to start with F1 hybrids in coco. M all bout the challenge. M really pheno hunting my first two grows. Want a mother Thunderpaws (jack smack x critical kush) and a mother Jackalope (jack smack x chocolope) then it's off to the races with the clones!! Gonna fire up my ebb and flow table I bought. Cant wait and hope u come along on the long but fun journey!! My friend named them btw. M also gonna buy two more LEDs for the bloom period and set up a veg area with my overdrived T8 light. Sorry m talking all bout myself. Glad to have met you and hope we both succeed with our journey and help each other out. M here if u need me!! Thinking bout doing a update tonight I try to space them out a lil bit.

When they are seedlings a lot of people say give straight water but give them a real light nute dose real light!!
Also PH is very important always stay between 5.5 to 6.2 but 5.8 is the sweet spot.
I would look into getting some great white also helps with nute uptake.
Any other questions just ask. The only stupid question is the one not asked.
And you can always come visit in my journal. M only three weeks in and just did my first topping/fimming!!

Your response to the other grower was interesting. What does nute mean please? I see this word often but cannot figure it out.

You mentioned you did your first topping/fimming. Can you explain just what that is please?

I wish you continued success in your growing endeavours!

Bubbi
The person who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the person who does not ask is a fool for life. ~Confucius

420-magazine-mobile1745091719.jpg

Nutes jus means nutrients. Know topping is where I cut above the mode and it produces two tops or two colas and fim is where I cut or pinch bout twenty percent of top growth u get four colas or tops. Funny fim stands for
F@ck I Missed due to being discovered from tryna top and missing and the result was four top colas instead of two. The pic explains exactly how it's done. Ask any questions m here to help anyone that wants to learn. Also check my journal out I jus documented a fim. Hope I covered everything if not jus let me know.

420-magazine-mobile1745091719.jpg

Nutes jus means nutrients. Know topping is where I cut above the mode and it produces two tops or two colas and fim is where I cut or pinch bout twenty percent of top growth u get four colas or tops. Funny fim stands for
F@ck I Missed due to being discovered from tryna top and missing and the result was four top colas instead of two. The pic explains exactly how it's done. Ask any questions m here to help anyone that wants to learn. Also check my journal out I jus documented a fim. Hope I covered everything if not jus let me know.

1st thank u for readying my mind and explaining "nutes" (seriously thank u, I'm like "yea" but clueless as to what that meant.)

I just ordered rhino skin and super thrive vitamins.

Gotta be honest all you folks are definitely boosting my confidence, not nowhere near "cocky and arrogant" but more like "We got this..." kinda way....

Back
Top Bottom