Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

well.... the Kiddo's landed today from Crop Kings
Purple Kush FEM and CBD Dutch Treat FEM. I ordered the seeds on 3/2 they shipped 3/3 and they landed today 3/7... NICE.. Thanks Crop Kings for epic service

This is my 1st serious grow in like 30yrs... I did toss a couple seeds in my veggy garden a couple years ago and a 1 started and grew ta bud, well Kinda, im in Arizona, so I eventually just pulled it before it burst into flames....lol

I have some medical issues, as do many of us at 52yrs Old.. mainly back and neck cronic pain, thus the CBD for my 1st grow.

I haven't p/u my Tent yet but am Looking at starting with a Sun Hut Blackout 100 4'x4'x6'6 from my local Hydro shop. Ill be getting fully outfitted from them. Ill be growing in soil ta start. Maybe down the road ill do Hydro once im comfortable with everything, but for now im pretty comfortable with good old DIRT. Also using HID lights... FYI

Once I get everything picked up Ill post Pics of that and what I got.

1st couple questions to you all

1. once I have starts, do I use the HID lights, or get like a T5 florescent strips for a few weeks till I go to Veg stage?
2. Any input on Fertilizers to use, still learning and reading on this too.
3. I have lots of free time for watering, but whats a good easy water system for when I go backpacking for 3 days?

So excited all.... Fun times ahead...

Thanks in advance for all the help

Stav

IMG_20170307_134148647.jpg

re: Stavman's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Best of luck, will see if you torture your PKF less than I did ;) ....found this place after I started growing and I'm still clueless enough to be little help, but first question I was asked at Hydro Store when wanting Nutes was "How close to Organic do you want or does it not matter to you?", which will narrow things down some or a lot depending on which way you want to go.

re: Stavman's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Im heading to Store in 1/2hr to p/u some stuffs... Ill see what input he offers

Rock and Roll

re: Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Seeds are in their paper towel beds as of 10min ago

Gunna head to Hydro Shop and p/u most my stuff today. I did order a closet Tent, gunna start these in there, then move them to the 4x4 for Flowering, and maybe do some clones back into the Closet, or maybe a mother Dutch Plant... we shall see

Cant wait... still hoping the random 5 outside seeds pop soon, may move those inside asssss well

Picked up my Veg Lights and Dirt Today. Oh and the 4x4x6'3 Sun Hut Blackout Flower Tent. the 2x4x5'3 Closet Veg hopefully will land on Friday

Light is a T5 Sun Blaze 44, 4'x2' 4 light . Should work great in the Closet Veg Tent
Soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Mixed Bag with aprox 2.5gal ish of Perlight

Now its the waiting Game...ugggg I have NO PATIENCE

Ok
1-1/2 days into Germination and we have Poppage

All 6 seeds are showing cracked shells and tap roots... saweeeeeetttttt:thumb::cheer:

Hoping my small tent lands tomorrow. Still need to re-organize my grow room a bit, clear space.
Today is cleaning and research a water system for when I go backpacking

PK30.jpg

DT.jpg

Day 2.5... and the girls and rolling Nicely

1 seed is almost ready to plant, and a few have grown some nice tap roots.

Am hoping to plant Tomorrow

PK_22.jpg

DT_2.jpg

Confirmed... Closet Tent is on Fedex to land today. so AM trip to Grow shop, get tent, more Dirt, 1gal pots and 5gal Gro Pro Pots

Then I should be good for the next 3-5 weeks or so....

Just checked the Girls again.. Im about 85% sure they will find a new dirt Bed Tomorrow:cheer::thumb:

God This Scorpio needs some patience... I hate this waiting game for my parts and pieces. and Will also be naming the Girls as they get thier new Dirt beds Tomorrow:kiss:

Fun Times

Stav

Picked up the tent last Night and got it all setup

Lets re-cap a Bit.. shall we:thumb:

• Tents is a 25.5x51x63" OneDeal Tent. Actually a nice quality Tent, similar to the quality of the 4x4x6'3 Blackout, only issues, wont fit in closet...lol.. so doors are off.. and moving on
  • Lights Sun Blaze 44 T5 4 tube 4' light
  • Dirt Fox Farms Ocean Forest mixed with Perlite
Got Tent Up, Light In, and ready for the Planting of the Germinated seeds.

Tent Unboxing
T136.jpg

Tent Built and ready
T230.jpg

Purple Kush
PK310.jpg

Dutch Treat
DT3.jpg

Tent Ready to start The Planting... Spidey is ready too
T320.jpg

Ok, Got the Girls all planted this morning. Boy had some LONNGGGG tap roots, every one, all 6, looked epic

So now some questions all you experts:cheer:
  • How far off the pots do I keep the Light? Im at about 6-8" now
  • How often do I mist/water them
  • Also once they sprout, do I continue the same distance off the plants till I go to Flower with my 600w HID light?

Ready to Plant the girls
transplant38.jpg

All Planted, damp, and ready
dirt11.jpg

Spidey is still ready
dirt21.jpg

Good Morning All

well, all the girls came out to the Light last night. 2 still have a seed helmet on, but Im sure they will fall off today
Dropped the light down to about 3" based on suggestions on my question thread

doing some 18/6 light... give the girls some sleep time to freshen up each day:circle-of-love:

The entire Unit is a bit Low, think Ill toss a box/tub under it so I dont have to kneel down so much, old back and all, till they get Taller

Just got up and took pic, ill get some batter ones soon

Enjoy, I sure am:thumb::high-five:

Grow Day 1
Soil113.jpg

Good Morning All

well, all the girls came out to the Light last night. 2 still have a seed helmet on, but Im sure they will fall off today
Dropped the light down to about 3" based on suggestions on my question thread

doing some 18/6 light... give the girls some sleep time to freshen up each day:circle-of-love:

The entire Unit is a bit Low, think Ill toss a box/tub under it so I dont have to kneel down so much, old back and all, till they get Taller

Just got up and took pic, ill get some batter ones soon

Enjoy, I sure am:thumb::high-five:

Grow Day 1
Soil113.jpg
Subbed. Best part of waking up, is greenage in your cups!
You got the fever, I can tell. Go brother!

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

420-magazine-mobile833355214.jpg

Updated pic...Shows the girls a bit better

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So all you experts:Namaste:

Was originally planing on going HID for my Lights when I move from the 2x4x5 tent to the 4x4x6'6 tent for flowering.
Now Im in AZ, so Summer is coming fast and I may wanna keep my heat down so thinking maybe LED instead of HID

• So pros and Cons of either please, HID vs LED
  • Size of a LED Id need, was figuring a 600w HID originaly
  • Best Brands of LED for a Mid $$$ budget

Now, as I go past my 1st grow, small tent will be starter/clon/mother plant tent and Big will be the Flower Tent, well at least thats the plan Now:thumb:

Thanks again for the Help all

Stav

Good Morning all

Woke up the girls and they look great. Not a lot of growth overnight but still looking good and healthy

Messing with watering today. I watered yesterday, and pinky deep its still moist, so may not need to water toady. Ill also check it with the PH and Moister meter later

Fun Times:lot-o-toke::morenutes::roorrip::party::theband:

Day 2 of the Girls
Day220.jpg

So all you experts:Namaste:

Was originally planing on going HID for my Lights when I move from the 2x4x5 tent to the 4x4x6'6 tent for flowering.
Now Im in AZ, so Summer is coming fast and I may wanna keep my heat down so thinking maybe LED instead of HID

• So pros and Cons of either please, HID vs LED
  • Size of a LED Id need, was figuring a 600w HID originaly
  • Best Brands of LED for a Mid $$$ budget

Now, as I go past my 1st grow, small tent will be starter/clon/mother plant tent and Big will be the Flower Tent, well at least thats the plan Now:thumb:

Thanks again for the Help all

Stav

Subbed

By the way I'm growing the same seeds soon really interested to see how yours do, best of luck brother

Thanks buddy

Id probobly need a bigger one, maybe 1000w or 1200w... But nice light setup for sure

Looks like they moving right along :thumb:. They don't need much water when little, so real easy to over water. I kind of go by how the pot feels with just dirt in it and try not to water until it feels close to that weight (some folks weigh them but I can get close enough by going by feel). And if growing in soil one doesn't have to worry about nutrients for 2-3 weeks at the earliest as some stored in the seed and also there is quite a bit in the soil (which varies soil to soil some).

Looks like they moving right along :thumb:. They don't need much water when little, so real easy to over water. I kind of go by how the pot feels with just dirt in it and try not to water until it feels close to that weight (some folks weigh them but I can get close enough by going by feel). And if growing in soil one doesn't have to worry about nutrients for 2-3 weeks at the earliest as some stored in the seed and also there is quite a bit in the soil (which varies soil to soil some).

Great Input Dwight.:thumb:..:thanks:.... Ill try the "pick it up" method myself. They look pretty good this AM, Ill test them in a few once I get some Coffee in me:high-five:
The Hydro shop guy said the same thing about no Nutes for like 2-3 weeks. Im using filtered water also so my PH seems to be consistent also

Was thinking my girls are going kinda slow, but after looking at other grows seems they are right about normal. Its a Scorpio thing.. patience is NOT one of my many qualities:Namaste: but im working on it....lol

Plan today is to Name my Girls, Violet has already showed her Stuff, now the rest need to follow in line

My Girls..... Day 3
Day336.jpg

Oh Ya...

I also added a humidifier yesterday. RH was always around 30% and with the Humi its upwards of 50-55%

Gotta love the DRY AZ weather

Back
Top Bottom