First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

timhdr

I wanted to start a log here for this grow which will be my first INDOOR grow. I have been growing for a few years outdoors. My aim for this setup is to be able to continue to grow throughout the cold new england winter and to also have the ability to flower clones that I take from my outdoor plants independently from the summer crop.

Equipment/Enviroment:
20170307_214325.jpg

I chose to go with a Secret Jardin DS120 4x4x6 tent. Im fairly happy with the quality of the tent. The zipper sticks sometimes and the metal rods could be thicker, but I was constrained to very few options due to the height of the room it is in. Decent tent for the Money. In this tent I have a Mars II 1200w LED, supplemented by 150w equivalent (39w actual) CFLs on a Y socket. These are mostly there as another source of light so I can shut the LED off when i work in the tent to avoid damaging my eyes.
20170307_214330.jpg

I'm using a 120v control panel that I constructed to operate the equipment. It utilizes separate 15A circuits to control timed lighting and temperature controlled ventilation. I hope to add a humidistat to this soon to control the humidity. I am using an Inkbird temperature controller with my 400 cfm exhaust fan wired to the cooling teminals.
20170307_214349.jpg

Pretty much as my led runs and generates heat the temperature of the tent will climb to about 85 degrees. As it reaches this setpoint, the controller send power to the cooling terminals and the inline fan turns on and runs until it sees the temperature is satisfied. Currently with the cooler air from outside, I am able to cool my tent about 8 degrees in about 25 seconds. The fan only runs for about 15 seconds and it takes the tent between 3-5 minutes to heat back up to 85 and start the cycle again. I can monitor the power consumption per circuit through two digital Volt Amp Watt metering displays.

Soil/Seeds/Nutes
This run, I will be finishing off my auto seeds from last years outdoor grow. They are x2 Black Cream, x2 White Widow, and x1 Jack 47(Jack Herer x AK-47). Ive always grown organic vegetables and i do the same with my cannabis. I mix my soil about a month before I plant. It consists of Coast of Maine: Complete potting mix as a base. I then cut that with Coast of Maine: Lobster & Peat compost and add in a bit more perlite. I then add in some more powdered mussel, crab, and clam shell by Neptune’s Harvest, Azomite, powdered Kelp, worm castings, and a big scoop of my chicken shit/compost concoction that i give all my plants. I will continue to top with wormcastings, chicken shit, and feed with Neptunes Harvest: Tomato and Veg liquid formula.

Here is how we sit:
3/1: Soil germination in peat cups begins
3/5: All seeds popped. Greenhouse for the daytime. Moved to computer tower at night.
3/7: Seedlings moved into 5 gal pots and placed into tent under 18/6 LED run on veg setting pulling about 300w from the wall.
3/8: After a full 18/6 cycle, Average temps : Lights on: 81 degrees. Lights off: 74 degrees. Humidity fluctuating from 50%-73% at highest
20170308_170405.jpg

Re: First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

Subbed in Tim :thumb:

I like the setup with the temperature controller I was thinking of getting one myself for the summer months.

What strains are you used to growing outdoors? :surf::surf:
Thanks for tuning in!A bit on everything lol, my last grow for instance I grew white widow x big bud, Panama lime, Holland's hope, Acapulco gold, and lemon haze.
I would definitely recommend picking up a temp controller, even before the summer months that way you're not restricted to just heating/cooling. A humidifier could be wired to the heating terminals thus only turning on after the air is exchanged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am am in! I just got my Mars2 1200 today and its so much more than I thought I'd ever get my plants under with my funds being verrrrry tight. EBay has been good to me though ;) I have my girls in a seedling/early veg closet with a Mars300 + CFL set up but have a 100x100x200 tent due to arrive by next week which will become my flowering space.. Looks like you gotta plan... can't wait to see how it grows!
xxKitty

Thanks for tuning in!A bit on everything lol, my last grow for instance I grew white widow x big bud, Panama lime, Holland's hope, Acapulco gold, and lemon haze.
I would definitely recommend picking up a temp controller, even before the summer months that way you're not restricted to just heating/cooling. A humidifier could be wired to the heating terminals thus only turning on after the air is exchanged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The temp controller by Inkbird is a great addition to fine tuning your temps. I have a different version than yours. Mine has 2 standard plug ins. One for a fan, one for a heater. No wiring to do. 40$ on am a zon.

The HotBox

The temp controller by Inkbird is a great addition to fine tuning your temps. I have a different version than yours. Mine has 2 standard plug ins. One for a fan, one for a heater. No wiring to do. 40$ on am a zon.

The HotBox

It's nice that they make a version like that. The one I bought was $14 on Amazon and since I was creating a controller from scratch, I figured I would incorporate it.
420-magazine-mobile508141933.jpg

I am am in! I just got my Mars2 1200 today and its so much more than I thought I'd ever get my plants under with my funds being verrrrry tight. EBay has been good to me though ;) I have my girls in a seedling/early veg closet with a Mars300 + CFL set up but have a 100x100x200 tent due to arrive by next week which will become my flowering space.. Looks like you gotta plan... can't wait to see how it grows!
xxKitty

Good find with eBay. I found this for just under $400 and thought that was a good deal. I plan on experimenting with building some cob lights once I have some more time bit for now this is plenty. Interested to see how yours will turn out as well. What are you running for ventilation?

Once again... I have to reiterate I am keeping my costs down as much as possible so passive intake as the tent is in a large, air conditioned room (spare bedroom). I am buying a used can fan on eBay then buying the filter,connectors, and hose at my local hydro shop. Venting it out my back balcony. Maybe I'll get my hands on a controller too.. who knows. Like I said eBay has been so so so good to this gal.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not much going on today. I lowered the LED light about 3-4 inches. Temperature and humidity averaging about 76 F and 54%. The plants are all looking great, even the white widows have finally shed their seed casings and shown growth. Got some new leaf formation so I thought I'd take the crop's first headshots:

Black Cream #1
420-magazine-mobile1282788300.jpg

Black Cream #1
420-magazine-mobile2022224869.jpg

Black Cream #2
420-magazine-mobile80161993.jpg

Black Cream #2
420-magazine-mobile1384597338.jpg

Jack Herer X AK-47
420-magazine-mobile740431224.jpg

White Widow #1
420-magazine-mobile1988879256.jpg

White Widow #2 (Shes Trying)
420-magazine-mobile1022453816.jpg

Can u recommend the led in terms of product-quality?
Im wondering if its produced well because the price is so low if u compare it to high end/comercial models like the blackdog led's.
And im sry if my english isnt the best . i'm from germany and still quite young .

Can u recommend the led in terms of product-quality?
Im wondering if its produced well because the price is so low if u compare it to high end/comercial models like the blackdog led's.
And im sry if my english isnt the best . i'm from germany and still quite young .

Well since my plants have only been under it since Tuesday i can't really speak for productivity however I did do alot of research and found this to be the best value of the "Chinese lights" and also the best customer service. They have a thread desicated to the mars LEDs if you want to check thay out. I'm confident of my purchase however.

Well since my plants have only been under it since Tuesday i can't really speak for productivity however I did do alot of research and found this to be the best value of the "Chinese lights" and also the best customer service. They have a thread desicated to the mars LEDs if you want to check thay out. I'm confident of my purchase however.

Ok thanks :)

So Just a quick update. Day 9 coming to a close. Just letting the seedlings do their thing for another week or so. Humidity has been pretty low so I finally bought my humidifier. I'm choosing to run it in the room the tent is in for now and let the intake take the humidifier air into the tent. Already today I saw the humidity go up about 20% back to 45% which I have not seen since their first watering.

Here they are as of 3/14: Day 9

Black Ceam 1
420-magazine-mobile1736290371.jpg

420-magazine-mobile682510008.jpg

Black Cream 2
420-magazine-mobile2007681453.jpg

Jack 47
420-magazine-mobile316977390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile57073804.jpg

White Widow is continuing to fall behind and showing minimal signs of growth. I have had those seeds for about 3 years and they may not be totally viable any more. It's too bad. I've grown two plants from the same pack outdoors and they were incredible. I may add a clone to the tent in a fee weeks to replace the white widow if they continue to fade.

420-magazine-mobile381359948.jpg

420-magazine-mobile937533767.jpg

Considerable growth in 2 days. Dropped the light a bit more and fired the light up to full power. The white widow are on their way out the door. I will be dropping clones from a friend into those two pots ASAP.

420-magazine-mobile292179952.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1337960357.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1509888785.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1559769689.jpg

Been really thinking about adding some more LED light to the tent so I managed to get my hands on a couple 400w parking lot lights :) come check out the build:
What do you get when you cross a passion for Marijuana an electrical license and x2

Back
Top Bottom