1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

ginganinja30

New grower trying for organic high brix with CFL.

I have 7x 40w 6400k cfls

I am going to grow in soil and have the following:

Organic compost with EWC
Organic vegetable compost
General compost
Vermiculite
Perlite
SEER Volcanic rock dust
Homemade compost still cooking

Seeds:
Medical Mass fem
White Widow reg
Blueberry fem

Still to get:
Mycorrhizae
40w 2700k cfls

I still need to build a stealthy small grow space in the attic.

Please feel free to come aboard and share your knowledge and advice.
I love learning from as many people as I can and have a few giggles along the way

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awrite mate patch the 40w lights and get yourself a 600w hps and a ballast or a 600w led light. Kings pan all round it and seal it all and get yourself a rhino pro carbon filter and a system air fan for extraction and a small fan pulling in air from the outside to or if the attics well ventilated just pull in attic air

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awrite mate patch the 40w lights and get yourself a 600w hps and a ballast or a 600w led light. Kings pan all round it and seal it all and get yourself a rhino pro carbon filter and a system air fan for extraction and a small fan pulling in air from the outside to or if the attics well ventilated just pull in attic air

Hi Dannymcg, thanks for joining in ..

I will have to wait a wee while before I can buy some nice new lights etc.
I'm only able to work about 1/3 of my normal hours so money is quite tight.
Everything is getting done using as much recycled and homemade material as I can to get me to the seed popping good times ..

Any imaginative ideas and solutions are more than welcome for a really tight budget.

Need to start somewhere mate lol a 600w hps ain't that dear at all though mate and will make all the difference light and air exchange are huge factors especially light and will pay for themselves with the end results

420-magazine-mobile1599188059.jpg
420-magazine-mobile930251794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile199182097.jpg

Ok so looks like I've got a grow space to be adapted ...

A disconnected water storage tank that I diverted from about 10years ago and left in place. It has a sealable lid too that will be fine as a door.
3.5' height x 1.5/2' wide x 2' deep.

A wee clean up/disinfect and probably line with emergency blankets or would Matt white spray paint be ok for the inside?

Fuck that lol if your on a cheap budget just leave em out in the open not enough space in there mate also you should get 4 pots under one light you could pull 20 ounces if you do this right

If he gets snow he can't use Hids someone will notice he has no snow on a certain area of his roof, dead give away. Led would be the best way to go

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1599188059.jpg
420-magazine-mobile930251794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile199182097.jpg

Ok so looks like I've got a grow space to be adapted ...

A disconnected water storage tank that I diverted from about 10years ago and left in place. It has a sealable lid too that will be fine as a door.
3.5' height x 1.5/2' wide x 2' deep.

A wee clean up/disinfect and probably line with emergency blankets or would Matt white spray paint be ok for the inside?

Hey Ninja...wanna know what i think....you wanna grow a few plants....i can help , if you wish. First thing,..lay that black tub down,..fill it up with DBHBB soil and do it properly. That soil you got planned there will not produce High Brix produce. It lacks the proper Calcium and has far too much K (Potassium) along with a few other issues. It has way too much Organic matter in it to allow a healthy 'critter' population. Can you hold off with the grow for a bit. Do it right...kick it brotha...don't fluff it. Depending on your local i can donate two nice fixtures to you no charge. Ready to go , all in . Would like to see you make a few changes first. Inexpensive ones , that will benefit you in the end and make it fun:) Anyhow these are a few of my thoughts Ninja. Cheers , and have a great night.

1st time grow for my beautiful broken brain.

Hey Ninja...wanna know what i think....you wanna grow a few plants....i can help , if you wish. First thing,..lay that black tub down,..fill it up with DBHBB soil and do it properly. That soil you got planned there will not produce High Brix produce. It lacks the proper Calcium and has far too much K (Potassium) along with a few other issues. It has way too much Organic matter in it to allow a healthy 'critter' population. Can you hold off with the grow for a bit. Do it right...kick it brotha...don't fluff it. Depending on your local i can donate two nice fixtures to you no charge. Ready to go , all in . Would like to see you make a few changes first. Inexpensive ones , that will benefit you in the end and make it fun:) Anyhow these are a few of my thoughts Ninja. Cheers , and have a great night.

This is similar to how I got my start GN30...very kind offer if it's your cup of tea...what do you think my motivated friend? Win or Win? ;)

Fuck that lol if your on a cheap budget just leave em out in the open not enough space in there mate also you should get 4 pots under one light you could pull 20 ounces if you do this right

Maybe one day in my dreams I can have this size of attic space for only the green Danny.

I will need to control the sweet smell unfortunately as my neighbours have converted their attic space for bedrooms and there isn't a completely sealed divide between the 2 attics yet.
That is on my project list to do the same with mine but 1st things 1st lol.

Im LST 3 plants in a cabinet about that size w Cfls. They are 15" but bent to 6". I have 2 small fans bringing air in and out. Remember to keep temps and humidity right. As long as you train them right you'll be ok.
420-magazine-mobile657686860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1418471682.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Thanks for joining my journal savingson ..
Your girls are looking good .. I will definitely like to try some lst for my grow, along with some topping too.
I have my eye on a couple of old pcs to salvage some fans to maybe use for airflow.

If he gets snow he can't use Hids someone will notice he has no snow on a certain area of his roof, dead give away. Led would be the best way to go

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome and thanks for coming along on my journey DemonicAngel .... love your name too ..
Unfortunately we don't get much snow in central Scotland any more but it's a great point.
The roof isn't insulated yet so it would be easy to spot melted frost and snow with HIDs.

Hi Duggan ..

This is why I love this site. The kindness, generosity and enthusiasm to help new people is very humbling and greatly appreciated ..

I would love your help and guidance.
Yes, that's no probs to hold off to be more prepared, I like trying to do things more efficiently now.

I'm subbed into a couple of DB's feeds but it's a busy place. I struggle to process lots of info now but trying to train my brain up.
Can you advise on the mix and quantities etc?

I'll pm you re: your very kind offer ...

GTHM, your tips for spacing is helping so much ...

Re: 1st time grow for my beautiful broken brain.

This is similar to how I got my start GN30...very kind offer if it's your cup of tea...what do you think my motivated friend? Win or Win? ;)

Win win & win again GTHM.

Every day I get to communicate with all of you fine souls out there in 420 land enhances my life more than anyone can ever know.
I don't feel like I'm fighting this battle alone anymore.
Big loves n hugs to all of you .

Re: 1st time grow for my beautiful broken brain.

Win win & win again GTHM.

Every day I get to communicate with all of you fine souls out there in 420 land enhances my life more than anyone can ever know.
I don't feel like I'm fighting this battle alone anymore.
Big loves n hugs to all of you .

Ninja,...your NOT alone my brotha. We are all here to help OK! Lets make your first grow a 'killer' one .Don't worry about all the info, you will catch on very quickly. Have an awesome day would ya!:)

Back
Top Bottom