LuckyAlbatros's 2017 Ghost Train Haze, 1200W LED, Soil, Perpetual SCROG

LuckyAlbatros

LuckyAlbatros's
2017 Grow 01

GHOST TRAIN HAZE​

3 x 1200w LED - Soil - Perpetual SCROG

Hello All,
First post in my first journal.

I've grown a few small yields since the mid-70's but never anything serious although I have been privileged to visit some beautiful grows over the years. I am a medical cannabis user with a C1 -C6 spinal injury. I also used to enjoy recreationally but in the last 3 years Cannabis, along with Lyrica, Cymbalta and other meds only help to reduce the 24/7 pain and symptoms.

My set-up is two separate 4x4 tents. One for veg with a single 1200w led, the other for flower with 2 x 1200w leds. I am aware that led power ratings are all over the place, especially considering I purchased an offbrand model, but after a good bit of research and talking with my local pro at HTG in Shrewsbury I feel safe in assuming that they will produce between 75-80% of what they are rated. So.......900-960 watts?

Planning on using a 50/50 mix of Roots Organic Original and Roots Organic Greenlite in fiber pots when the seeds are ready in the pellet pots.

Any advice or observations are always welcomed.

Seeds / Strain

Ghost Train Haze #1, seeds obtained from a friend who is a full-time grower in Maine. He's been cycling in the Rare Dankness strain since the summer of 2015 and was kind enough to provide seeds. The strain's full profile can be seen here. When I put the first plants in to flower I will take cuttings to start the perpetual grow.

My Grow

Day 1

Placed the seeds in a moist, folded cloth and then into a small, flat airtight container. Container placed in a warm spot out of direct light to germinate.

Day 3

7 of the 12 seeds have germinated, (see pic), and are ready for soil.

20170312_221501_1_.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1326227

Over the weekend I made the decision to bypass the JiffyPots completely. So now the sprouts are in a 50/50 mix of Roots Organic Original and Greenlite. I had mixed a 3-4-4 organic food and a 4-10-3 root booster in water a few days ago and have been letting it set. I used this tea for the sprouts first feeding. 24 hours of light and we should see seedlings soon.

Day 9

Two more seedlings!
Question: If all the seeds are germinated and planted at the same time is there any significance to the order in which they break soil as seedlings?

I also placed the temp/humidity meter in the tent yesterday and even though I was aware that LED was considerably cooller I was not prepared to see my tent under 60f, (57!), with humidity at 43%. I live in grow region 5b in a house with an unheated freestone basement and I had been counting on this factor for when the heat arrives in summer...but being me I neglected the effect on winter grows.

Immediately ran to the hardware store and purchased a $15 heater/fan.

fan.jpeg

Good solution?
View image in gallery

Day 13

Hi All...

I'm not sure whether to be patient or ticked off at myself. Two of the 4 seedlings died and no other seedlings have pushed up. However, those girls look really nice.

420-magazine-mobile357128123.jpg

Everything is staying at 73f and around 51 humidity when the tent is closed.

Wondering if I should start more plants? If I understand what I've been reading two plants are minimum for a 4x4 scrog.

420-magazine-mobile531866823.jpg

Day 20

Raising the lights corrected the dipping leaves with no harm done.

In reading through the forums, I realized that if a perpetual grow was my goal I was starting off wrong. My plan was to take cuttings off of the GTH just before putting them into flower and cycle that until finding a good CBD strain to mix in.

Well, instead of waiting I went ahead and germinated 2 Alien Fire Fruit, (strain info), a nice Indica dominant, and 2 Thunderbud seeds, (strain info), a well loved blend. These plants will be a couple of weeks behind the Haze and I will just hold them in veg a bit longer and then cycle them in when I take the cuttings.

The Haze looks more amazing every day.

20170330_104703_1_.jpg

DAY 21

The original 2 hazes are looking fat. I think they get transferred tomorrow. The other haze will catch up... and the new seedling is Thunderbud...the Alien Fire Fruit hasn't made an appearance yet.

Two questions.....

Is it correct that you start counting veg weeks when the plant has 3 fully formed primary sets?

Do I need to do anything to the plants at this stage to prep them for scrog?

Thanks.....gettin' green!

Day 23

Lots of progress to report today!

Since getting the heat situation figured out the environment in the tent has been a consistent 75f with between 65-68% humidity. No exhaust fans yet but I do have two of the three lower flaps open for a little flow. I'm watering every few days right now.

Transplanted the oldest 2 hazes into 2gal. fabric pots. They seem to be doing well. As with the seedlings, I used a 50/50 mix of Roots Organic's Original and Greenlite and watered them right away. No feed yet. I think maybe tomorrow?

The baby Alien Fire Fruit popped it's little head up...so now all 3 strains are present.

Day 25

EMERGENCY

:rip:

Baby AFF poked her head up and died.....Thunderbud is limping badly and I'm thinking she'll soon be dead too. Germinating extra seeds.

All plants have a brown spotting that turns yellow as the leaf dies. Lower leaves affected worse which also happens to be the set that got light stressed a bit....but spots are everywhere. What is this ugliness? What do I do to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom