Jiji's Indoor LED Soil, Blue Cheese Grow Journal 2017

dickagm

Hello,

A few years ago I've tried just for fun to put a few seeds in pots on my terrace and I was surprised by the big trees that came out, unfortunately the seeds where planted too late in the year as well at that time I didn't knew much about watering, feeding and conditioning and as well the plant didn't had time to finish it's flowering and at the end the buds where with very low potency and bad taste.

Since then after a lot of reading, planning and purchasing of equipment...

On 7th of March I've put a seed in to a water coup for 2-3 hours and then in to a wet towel. The seed germinated for about 3 days while daily I've had to moist the towel.

Today (11th of March) I've started my first indoor grow by planting the germinated seed in a pot with soil.

So here are the specs:

Growing tent - Secret Jardin DS60 II - 2x2x5.5feet or 60x60x150cm
Light - LED Viparspectra 450W
Ventilation - 4" TT Series Mixed Flow in line Duct Extractor Fan 187 m3/h (mounted outside, sucking air out of the tent)
Filter - 4" Rhino Pro - 255 m3/h
Bucket - 10L or 2.6 gallon, smart pot
Soil - BioBizz All Mix
Strain - Big Buddha's Blue Cheese feminized seed
Room temp - 23°C to 28°C so far, the summer is coming and there is no AC in the room so it will get hotter with every next day
Tent temp - 25°C to 31°C
Humidity - 30-40%

I'm planning to have 18/6 veg cycle and to use Advanced Nutrients to feed the plant. Also I'll try to make a SOG training.

Looking forward for comments and suggestions.

grow_tent_setup2.jpg

IMG_98354.jpg
IMG_98061.jpg
IMG_98053.jpg
IMG_98204.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

:Namaste:

I'll take a seat. What brand of nutrients are you planing on using?

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Thanks for joining! A friend gave me a recipe using Advanced Nutrients and probably will take a try.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Yesterday I've added about 1L water because the soil at the top was very dry. At the end of the day the plant started showing off the dirt. And today is the first day :)

www_GIFCreator_me_BlueCheese.gif
IMG_98373.jpg

I'm wondering how close the light must be and how frequently I should water while the plant is so small? Did I have to keep the soil moist or to leave the soil to become dry before the next watering? The pot feels pretty heavy right now and the temperature inside the tent is around 27C.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Hey there :) I personally have the same light as you which I love. But I would keep it around 18 inch or maybe a little more above the tops of your plants. All I did was put my light high and slowly lower it until the plant started responding well. But the light is great. I need to either get another one or I bigger one though. Because I need more light in flower.

Sent from my XT1093 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

But the journal looks good so far :) and about tthe watering. Small plants like that need very little water at first to thrive. So I would be careful not to over water it but I looks like you are doing pretty good. I usually wait until a bit of the soil on top is getting kinda dry and I stick my finger in a little to feel the dampness. A better way for me is to feel the weight of the pot so bad your familiar to how much water is in it. I hope this all helps though :) you should check out my journal if you want.

Sent from my XT1093 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the help and the kind words guys. I'll try to do as you're saying about watering and light. Will keep updating.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Congrats on the beautiful little lady! I love the time lapse! Definitely subbing too. My girls are 17 days above soil... also under LED ( Mars300 for seedling/early veg and a Mars2 1200 for when their a bit more grown). Am I fair to assume by your name you are another gal grower??? My name is Kitty. If not.. I do apologize. It's just nice to come across other ladies who enjoy home growing! Best of luck! Can't wait to see how she grows!

XxKitty

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Congrats on the beautiful little lady! I love the time lapse! Definitely subbing too. My girls are 17 days above soil... also under LED ( Mars300 for seedling/early veg and a Mars2 1200 for when their a bit more grown). Am I fair to assume by your name you are another gal grower??? My name is Kitty. If not.. I do apologize. It's just nice to come across other ladies who enjoy home growing! Best of luck! Can't wait to see how she grows!

XxKitty

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Im another Lady grower too Kitty :)

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Hey everyone, thanks for joining in!

@kitty - Jiji of course is my nickname, it's coming from the famous Japanese animation "Kiki's delivery service", the black cat in the movie is Jiji :) I also have a black cat and her name is Jiji too :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 2

I have adjusted the light to be at 45cm (18") from the plant
I have added about half litter of water
The temp in the tent is around 27C while the room temp is 25C.

20170314_111015.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 3

All is looking good, sprayed some water around the corners of the pot.
It looks that the pot is drying faster on the side where the cpu fan blows. Moved the fan a little higher.
Interestingly every morning the temp in the tent rises to about 28C while the room temp is 23C. Later trough the day the temp in the room rises to 25C and the temp in the tent goes down to 25-26C. Wondering how is that happening?

420-magazine-mobile403846217.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 4

The top of the soil seemed a little dry and I have watered with about 1/2 liter.

IMG_98445.jpg
IMG_98455.jpg
IMG_98464.jpg
IMG_98476.jpg
IMG_98488.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Here's a 17 hours time lapse from day 3.

www_GIFCreator_me_bluecheese_day3.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Dam girli!!!! I love your time lapses!! I should use my nice camera for something but every since I got the new 7 plus with its ridiculous camera... I find myself leaving my dslr in its case most days! Beautiful!!! I just posted my 21 days above soil update today in my journal if u want so see what you have to look forward to. (My eldest is 21 days above soil but they are all between 18-21 days old.)

Dam girli!!!! I love your time lapses!! I should use my nice camera for something but every since I got the new 7 plus with its ridiculous camera... I find myself leaving my dslr in its case most days! Beautiful!!! I just posted my 21 days above soil update today in my journal if u want so see what you have to look forward to. (My eldest is 21 days above soil but they are all between 18-21 days old.)

Thanks Kitty!
It's kind of thing that I have to care too, but it's important to me to learn as much as possible and the time lapses of my own grow will definitely show me a thing or two. The only thing is that I have to wake up early every morning to setup and start the time lapse. I'm shooting with gopro with diy external battery to be able to keep working the whole 18 hours. Hope to cover most of the days with a time lapse :)

Your grow looks awesome, I like the idea of naming the plants with real people names. I'll do that for all my house plants!

Best Regards,
Jiji

Back
Top Bottom