Green Crack & White Cookies: Mainlining Under A Sunplix CMH

GreatWhiteBud

Hello from Northern Canada!

First off, sorry to anyone who was following my last journal, I ended up having to go out of town for a work for a while. I finished the grow and was pretty happy with the harvest, but life simply got in the way of the journal. I work concrete work spring to fall so i am off all winter, so this time around, i am looking forward to updating this often for my own records as well as anyone else interested in the strain, light, nutrients, etc.

Strains:

- 3 x CKS Green Crack
- 2 x CKS White Cookies

Equipment:

- Secret Jardin 4x4 grow tent

- Sunplix 315 CMH (dimmable ballast; operates at 150 - 400 watts)

I am loving this full spectrum light so far. The plants also seem to respond better to it than the LED i was using to start veg. I am running it at 315 during veg and will boost it to 350 for flower. I talked to the manufacturer and the sunplix mode is designed to be run 1-2 hours a day, full time use would lower bulb life. So that is what i will be doing during my 11/13 flower cycle, creating a high noon effect bumping it up to 400 watts for an hour in the middle of each lights on cycle.

- 7 Gallon Vivosun fabric pots

- 4" inline fan and carbon filter for exhaust w/ passive intake

- Tower fan

- Trouble light w/ Green Hornet LED

- Home made CO2 generator (sugar + yeast)

I run my extraction fan pretty low and it is drawing from the top of the tent so i am hoping with CO2 being heavier, it has some benefit. This might be futile, and without a CO2 meter i have no real idea if it adds anything, but it doesn't hurt anything either and sugar and yeast are cheap. i have it set up to exit into my fan and blow over the plants.

- Radio (playing local station, mostly classical music)

Soil mix (organic):

- 80 liters pro-mix organic vegetable and herb garden soil
- 40 liters Bluesky organics super soil
- 30 liters perlite

Nutrients:

General Organics line (minus biomarine):

- Biothrive grow and bloom
- CaMg+
- BioRoot
- Bioweed
- Diamond Black
- BioBud

Advanced Nutrients:

- Rhino Skin
- Sensizym
- Voodoo Juice
- Pirahna

NPK Industries:

- RAW ominA: acids
- RAW B-Vitamins

Xtreme Gardening:

- Mykos

*Citric acid as a PH down.

I am finding i need to water every 4-5 days at this point about 1.5-2 gallons each pot to get a little run off. I am also alternating between feedings and waterings, with being PH'd to 6.3.

Growing style:

I started 4 plants ealier and they are being main lined for 4 colas, with one being started later that was just topped and will be LST'd. I was pondering topping the main lines for more colas but these strains seem to have a lot of side branching through veg so i don't want them to get over crowded during flower.

General info:

- I still have 2-3 weeks of veg left, and the temps are good and the humidity has been very stable since adding a humidifier.

Light on: 75 degrees F / 55-60% RH
Lights off: 69 degrees F / 60-65% RH

- It is about minus 20 outside right now (again, northern Canada) so pests are not a huge worry but i did notice some missing chunks off of a leaf on one plant. I haven't seen anything and not sure if it was just stress or what not, but to be safe i picked up some Neem oil for pest prevention and gave em a spray the other day.

- I have been reading about 11/13 light cycles boosting flavors, aroma and phenotype expression, so i thinking about giving it a try this flowering cycle. If anyone has any feedback on this subject, feel free to chime in.

- Also in general, comments and conversation are more than welcome.

*pics to come*

... and here we go!​

Strains:

IMG_086839.JPG

Tent:

IMG_82679.JPG

IMG_82696.JPG

Sunplix 315 CMH:

IMG_82748.JPG

IMG_82773.JPG

Tower fan (side mounted):

IMG_82725.JPG

4" inline fan and carbon filter:

IMG_82836.JPG

Radio:

IMG_82812.JPG

Green Hornet LED night light:

IMG_82844.JPG

Humidifier:

IMG_83064.JPG

CO2 generator:

IMG_82804.JPG

General Organics line:

IMG_83083.JPG

Advanced Nutrients additives:

IMG_83133.JPG

NPK Industries, Mykos, and Citric acid:

IMG_83143.JPG

The Girls:

IMG_82866.JPG

White Cookies #1 (ML):

IMG_83014.JPG

White Cookies #2 (ML):

IMG_82968.JPG

Green Crack #1 (ML):

IMG_82915.JPG

Green Crack #2 (ML):

IMG_83002.JPG

Green Crack #3 (topped):

IMG_82896.JPG

Subbed super excited to see!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you and welcome aboard. I am pumped as well, this grow will have a lot of first for me, first time main lining, first time using CMH, and a first time using some of these nutrients and additives.

The plants got their hacking a couple days ago plus the spectrum change, and were still a bit yellow when i took those pics at lights on yesterday. I checked them this morning before the lights went off and they have already greened up and bounced back, so i expect them to explode in a couple of days. I will most likely have to get the trellis in soon to hold back the topped girl and spread her out while i finish the structure of the main line girls (bringing them all to the edge of the pots and let them go).

Subbed in here, plants look nice and healthy. The mainlining always shocks me, firstly at how bare they are, secondly at how they recover and the results. looking forward to the show.

Thanks for joining along.

I have mixed thoughts so far on the main lining technique ...

The curious part of me is what drove me to try this, is still very intrigued by this process and am excited to see how it will turn out. I love science and am always interested in new ways of doing things and watching others.

The pragmatic part of me is annoyed by the added veg time, you can see the topped plant looks far ahead as overall plant development goes. It was also started two weeks later i believe or so, somewhere around there.

The naturalist part of me hates it really, you can see the stress caused by every round of pruning and hard training. I don't see myself doing this again in the future.

The OCD part of my LOVES the uniformity ... lol.

I love that you guys have an adjustable ballast on these 315watters, Over here in AUS we haven't got that yet, well I haven't anyway :rofl:

Well i live in Canada, so i know Sunplix does international orders. Growers Choice is the other dimmable model i know of, you would have to check with individual retailers in regards to having their products shipped.

I gave the girls a feeding tonight, for the GO line and NPK additives i fed half strength. The AN additives call for use in flower but Fungal enoculations take time to take effect and a plant can make use of silica and enzymes in veg as well. So for the AN additives, i fed 1/4 strength for the Rhino skin and Sensizym. The only thing that was near full strength was the Voodoo Juice and Piranha.

Environment:

Temp: 75.7 F
RH: 58%

Nutrient Solution (8 gallons total; RO water base):

Biothrive Grow: 5 ML/G
CaMg+: 2.5 ML/G
Bioroot: 5 ML/G
Bioweed: 5 ML/G
Diamond Black: 2.5 ML/G
Rhino Skin: 2 ML/G
Sensizym: 2 ML/G
Voodoo Juice: 7.5 ML/G
Piranha: 7.5 ML/G
NPK B-Vitamins: 1/16 TSP/G
NPK Amino Acids: 1/16 TSP/G

PPM: 385
PH: 6.3
Temp: 68.7 F

Good to be in cruise control, relax and enjoy man :thumb:

I had me a dab once, oh my! never felt so high in my life :rofl:

I got all paranoid though because I was with some new folks and being so crazily stoned made me feel all weird lol must be a light weight hahah :rofl:

:tokin:

To be honest, i am 40 and i just got this dab rig this week, only tried it once before myself. Up until a few years ago, i just enjoyed flowers, as I was not really a oil or hash fan at all. In recent years tho, i have discovered i like to vape both flowers and concentrates and edibles are very effective for my back pain. Dispensaries, though over priced IMO, do offer a selection that i had never seen before on the black market.

There is a whole world of Cannabis possibilities out there!

:goodjob: looking nice! Subbed want to see how CMH performs might invest 3 of them my self for next grow!

Then welcome aboard, you have come to the right place. I was toying with adding a supplementary LED to help with flowering, but like you, i want to see what this technology can do on its own. I will be building a grow room this fall and wanted to try out CMHs on a small scale before i invest.

315w CMH looks very good on paper like LEDs i'm bit old school LED's seems little unproven yet plus if your panel break's down it's gonna be costly and take's time to fix. been using HPS's since i started growing since it's fail safe tech if it's breaks down you can easily just pop nearest grow shop and buy new bulb or ballast and continue fast that's why i'm really interested about 315w CMH's since it's basicly same tech as HPS but improved are you using the 3100k bulb all the way or 4000k veg?

Back
Top Bottom