Skywalker x Tangie 315 Watt CMH

Partimus

Hi Everyone,

I have some skywalker x tangie growing at the moment that I thought I would share.

Sky_Tangie_6.jpg

It was a rocky start with this lot, I made some errors and got carried away with additives and things and burnt the poor things. At the moment, things are as follows,

Strain: Skywalker x Tangie cross made and gifted to me by another grower

mudium/grow style: 10 inch pots, 100% coco, drippers, dtw

these have been about 4.5 weeks since popping from seed.

I have just installed the dripper system over the weekend and given them the first feed with it.
Nutrients are back to basics Lucas Formula for coco, half strength at the moment, EC 0.6, PH 5.9

The pots have filled with roots so I will be upping the frequency of feeding as we go.

I sadly identified one as a male today, the front right hand side and will be culled over the next few days. I have two others, the front left and rear right, identified as female and the smallest one unconfirmed.

There will be a net going in once all have shown sex and I will veg for as long as needed to fill the space.

Thanks for tuning in, I will keep it updated,
cheers
:tokin:

Looking nice so far! Sounds like an interesting cross, also how big is your grow space?

Ooh Wee

Hi Morty, Thanks for popping by

I forgot to mention the tent size, it's a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m jungle room brand tent.

Any chance you are into muay thai? the Ooh wee kinda gives it away :)
I have been training muay thai for 6 years nearly now and have my first trip to thailand planned for later this year. Good for the body and the spirit muay thai.
Have a good one Morty, hope to see you around here again soon,
cheers

Subbed in Partimus :high-five: cant wait to see how these girls go under the 315w, sounds like an awesome cross, looking great so far :thumb:

:passitleft:

Cheers Feral, great to have you following along. I am very keen to see how these girls turn out also and it does sound like a very interesting cross :)

I have used the 315watt for my whole indoor adventure and it has served me well enough for sure. I have never used a hps so I am not sure if they are better or not but they seem good enough. I always seem to yield around the 200 gram mark each time though ( keeps me barely self sufficient as I am a mull pig lol ) but I am hoping to break that record this time round with use of a net to fill the space right up.

PS. I also have set up a veg area to help with keeping me off the dirty Aussie PGR streets that I will be utilizing to get things moving along quicker. Once these girls are flowering I will be getting into it lol

I'm loving the 315's in my flower tent, doing so much better than the HPS setup I was running in there at about the same wattage :thumb: they grow so well under it I had to extend my tent to the roof :rofl: 200g aint bad at all, especially now you have a couple of areas and can run perpetual, I do staggered harvests with a plant roughly getting harvested every 4 weeks, keeps the jars nice and full all year round :)

I'm subbed on this,looks like a good setup. Keen to see how the drippers perform with the coco.

With some training and playing around you should be able to get some bigger numbers.
I run two plants in coco in a small wardrobe and hand water them. Managed to get 8.5oz
last run,and the space is smaller than yours.

That tent looks like an awesome little setup btw. ;)

I'm subbed on this,looks like a good setup. Keen to see how the drippers perform with the coco.

With some training and playing around you should be able to get some bigger numbers.
I run two plants in coco in a small wardrobe and hand water them. Managed to get 8.5oz
last run,and the space is smaller than yours.

That tent looks like an awesome little setup btw. ;)

Thanks Grnwzrd,
I appreciate the encouragement and kind words :)
always lots to learn and ways to improve, one of the things that makes these forums so great. I was hand watering up until this point. I had 18L pots and only had time for one feed a day max. I am trying something different this time and going a smaller pot and drippers with the intention of building up to feeding multiple times a day.

8.5 oz sounds very nice and definitely something for me to aim for, I'll head on over and have a look at the link in your sig.

Cheers

Looks good

Lucas formula for coco can you let me know what that is?
I think I remember back a while ago someone mentioning its just maxi bloom by GH?

315 CMH I wanna upgrade my 18/6 lamps

Nice to meet ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks good

Lucas formula for coco can you let me know what that is?
I think I remember back a while ago someone mentioning its just maxi bloom by GH?

315 CMH I wanna upgrade my 18/6 lamps

Nice to meet ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there HizzyB,

nice to meet you to, glad to have you along :)

Lucas for coco can be done in a few ways, GH maxi bloom is one. The method I use is called H3ad's recipe, it was originally posted on IC mag forums under a thread called "H3ad goes coco" I wont link it here but you can easily find the thread with some googling.

It's based on using 6ml/gallon of GH micro and 9ml/gallon of GH bloom. That combination gives you a very nice NPK ratio for growing canna, is cheap and easy to do. I simply adjust the rate depending on plant size and I have converted it to metric being 1.6ml/L micro and 2.4ml/L bloom.

hopefully that helps, any more questions about it feel free to ask,

cheers

Subbed mate.. this is going to be good..I'm going for a cmh myself in few weeks, looks like the way to go.. you find it lights a 4x4? I was thinking of using couple of 90w led panels in corners... good to see you back bro..

Hey Grizz, great to have you following along. I hope these ladies put ona nice show.

I find that the cmh covers the area well enough for sure. I pushed the wings out on the cool tube to help with the spread and I use a quality adjust a wing in winter and that spreads it well.
I'm just on my phone for a quick reply about to start training. When i getback later tonight I'll get some pics up.
cheers

Evening Folks,

I'm back at home from training and had some dinner :)

I popped in to the tent and took a snap shot. Here they are with the male gone, still waiting on the smallest to show still.
Sky_Tangie_8.jpg

I am contemplating if I should germinate a couple of fem seeds to help fill up the space. Not sure if they will get big enough to be worth the extra mucking about when I can just veg a few weeks longer. What do you guys think?

Ok so this is what I was up to after my last journal here. I grew some green poison and cream mandarine fast version from sweet seeds.
I didn't get to many good pics but here a couple anyway. a few tent shots at various stages and harvest time.

Gp_14.jpg
Gp_10.jpg
GP_green_phenotype.jpg
GP_Lanky_more_orange_phenotype.jpg
gp_15_side_tent_view.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day,
Cheers

Cheers Feral, great to have you following along. I am very keen to see how these girls turn out also and it does sound like a very interesting cross :)

I have used the 315watt for my whole indoor adventure and it has served me well enough for sure. I have never used a hps so I am not sure if they are better or not but they seem good enough. I always seem to yield around the 200 gram mark each time though ( keeps me barely self sufficient as I am a mull pig lol ) but I am hoping to break that record this time round with use of a net to fill the space right up.

The cmh is more than capable of giving you great yeilds. I just jarred mine last night and got 11 and a half ounces from a 3 foot by 3 foot area.
Couldn't ask for more out of a 315. I weighed 318 grams. But have about a half ounce I've been smoking while the rest cures. Over a gram per watt.

The cmh is more than capable of giving you great yeilds. I just jarred mine last night and got 11 and a half ounces from a 3 foot by 3 foot area.
Couldn't ask for more out of a 315. I weighed 318 grams. But have about a half ounce I've been smoking while the rest cures. Over a gram per watt.

Hi Grebs, welcome to the journey, good to have so many fellow cmh users around here. I'll head over and have a look at your efforts shortly but that yield sounds mighty impressive :thumb:
hopefully I can achieve a similar result this time around :)

Some maybe good news this morning, its a bit early to be 100 percent but I think the smallest one is a girl also with the first look at a pre flower this morning. So keeping fingers and toes crossed that it is indeed a female but it looks likely at this stage :)

I reckon the trick with the 315 is to try and maximize everything as far
as light spread/beam,whatever. haha. Basically you want a good reflector
to maximize what you get from it,with little light waste.

This is why i bought a new reflector for this grow,try and focus as much
energy on the plants as possible.

Probably with any light really isnt it?

I would be tossing up getting a better reflector/hood. looks like a lot
of light hitting the sides of the tent,could be focused down and used
on the plants.

Not having a go at your setup just tryna help with what ive found ;)

Back
Top Bottom