Blue281's Perfect Sun Coco Grow Journal

Blue281

Hello everyone and welcome to my second grow journal. In this journal I will be finishing of my previous journal and also I'll be starting two new plants. This is my first grow in coco so please feel free to give me as much advice as possible and let me know if you feel I should change ! I hope you enjoy the grow as much as I do

Link to first grow

The Set Up
For my Set up I have gone for a stealth cupboard grow. Here is a list of everything I use for my set up;

- Grow tent (W 900 x D 500 x H 1600)
- Drying Tent ( W 500 x D 500 x H 900)
- Perfect Sun Dwarf Star
- 4" extraction set up with carbon filter
- Temperature controlled 6" KSA box fan
- 2 x 6" Vortex Fan for air circulation
- 3l Air Pots for starting
- 10l Air Pots for finishing
- Screen for supporting Buds

The Plants
1 Auto Northern Lights (from previous journal)
1 Auto Blueberry
1 Auto Gorilla Glue

Both the new plants are starting out in 3l Air Pots, normally I'd start straight in there final pot however I don't have the room for three 10L pots in my tent. Hopefully the repotting later on will be ok.

The Nutrients
- Advanced Nutrients B52
- CalMag (because of the light mix soil)
- Advanced Nutrients Micro
- Advanced Nutrients Grow
- Advanced Nutrients Big Bud
- Advanced Nutrients Overdrive

Planting

To start of these two new plants, I've mixed about 30% perlite into some canna coco. I then got 1 litre of water and mixed in 0.5ml of CalMag, Micro, Grow and bloom to supplement the coco. This was then split between both pots and the seeds where planted. I've then covered the pots with cling film to try keep the humidity up in the pots.

Photo's of everything set up

IMG_079035.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 18
Quite a bit has changed since my last post, so my Northern Lights finally finished and was hung up to dry last night. This has given me the room to move these girls into there bigger 10L air pots. Also I built a better drip tray to catch and collect the run off ready for my automation system. Finally I have also fimmed both of the plants as you can see in the photos below.

Gorilla Glue

IMG_086241.JPG

Blueberry

IMG_086145.JPG

New drip tray

IMG_086350.JPG

Day 23

I've just noticed a few pistils appearing on the blueberry. The gorilla glue slacking behind a little. Today I've also decided to do some LSTing so I used some pipe cleaners and pulled the canopy down to try create an even height for all the nodes. Also I've recently order a few parts to make a hydro drip system with a 38 litre reservoir that will sit under the drip tray. Also I purchased a pump with four dripper lines (two for each plant). Hopefully this will all arrive within the next few days and I can get it set up!

IMG_087243.JPG

Ur Gona love coco :) I switched myself this grow an wow! Faster healthier easy. U seem to be off to a good start. Iam not a pro with coco as of yet but my plants r big an beautiful. I treat mine like hydro though u can treat it like soil as well with good results. Don't know how much u know about coco but if u have any questions Iam more then willing to answer to the best of my knowledge. Many grow with coco in many different ways so u will get lots of different opinions just find what works for u ;) biggest thing feed atleast once a day an never let the coco dry out.

Day 25
All the parts arrived for the dripper system and it has been set up. The tank underneath holds 30 litres of water. It has a water pump connected to a timer that turn on at 7am and pm for half an hour. This pumps the water to four dripper lines (two for each plant), finally I have an air pump to ensure the feed has got plenty of oxygen in and it keeps the water moving to prevent alge.

IMG_088038.JPG

Back
Top Bottom