Beginner White Widow Autoflower Grow 2017

Hondo23

Hey Guys/Gals! Hondo here with my first journal on 420mag,and my 2nd grow! My first grow was very bad,with 5 plants yielding only about an ounce and a half. We had some major ph issues,and it just toppled downhill from there. So i decided that i want to learn my craft and have that from 1 plant. So without this boring stuff lol.

Strain-White Widow Auto from ilovegrowingmarijuana

This grow will be in a tent,and its a soil grow.

300w Led by VIPARSPECTRA

Soil is a 50/50 fox's farms ocean forest/happy frog mix
Perlite,and dolomite lime(1 tablespoon per gallon) Around 30% perlite or so.

the seed will not be transplanted,and is in a 5 gallon smart pot.

Nuts will be fox farms trio.

Like i said no the most impressive grow with 1 lady,but i want to dial in my green thumb.

This Journal will start from Day #3 Here are some snappy's of my little lady

I am here to learn and maybe some day,ill be answering the questions,so please if you see something wrong please,please,please speak up. Thanks everybody! :Namaste:

Good Evening everybody! Nothing really new as far as photos they havnt changed much,humidity and temp are spot on and the little seedling is looking happy to see light. Will post even anything new should come to light,until then stay medicated :roorrip:

Hey Guys! good afternoon, its been a day since my last post she is looking pretty good so far. She has started growing a bit more and working on her first set.

more to come stay tuned,will post again in a few days with more progress. Only issues at the moment is with humidity the only varible in the equation is its a new humidifier,so i orderd a new one. Will post again if that becomes an issue. Have a good day! :bongrip:

Good Evening Friends! :Namaste: Back with a quick update as there as been a bit of growth,as you will see in the pics! She is drinking a crap ton, only bad thing to report at the moment is we are having issues with our humidity still thinking its equipment related. So i reordered the same humidifier so hopefully *fingers crossed* it fixes the issue. Have a good night guys and gals!

Thanks blood! welcome! Hey guys sorry its been a couple of days i didn't forget i had a busy few days at work on top of a family member passing. So i will say that she is growing nicely so far. She is still drinking a crap ton,does not seem like she is gonna stop either, I'm hoping i got good root development and she just devours nuts and gives me a nice yield. My new nuts came in yesterday the fox farms trio,so I'm excited to see how she does on them. That's really the only issue I'm having is I'm not 100% sure based on my soil when i should give her nuts. ANY suggestions on this would be great. Also the humidity has gotten a bit better,still waiting on the new humidifier. So im sure you guys want to see her so here she is!
20170326_184605.jpg
20170326_184609_HDR.jpg

Hey everybody,sorry its been a bit since last post i had a bunch going on and its been quite hard to find time to post. So far she is still going well,only issue i'm kinda having a hard time figuring out is when i should do the first regular watering i have been just using a spray bottle. I'm also a little unsure of when the first feeding should be,due to my soil mix. Any tips on what i should do would be much appreciated. here as some shots.

Good Evening everybody,just a quick update gave her a full watering tonight,along with a 1/2 tbl spoon of ff's big bloom,just as her first light feeding. The only thing i'm concerned about is the leaves seem a bit deformed i don't know if i'm stupid or just crazy. Anyways my ph is sitting right around 6.5 which i cant complain about,its a bit higher than i would like but ill deal with it for now. Here are some photos before and after watering. Cheers everybody. :volcano-smiley:

Good Evening everybody! So a lot to talk about today. First off,the good news after the light feeding i was a bit worried that it might have been too soon,luckily she really perked up after. Second i was really impressed with her growth in a days time. OK so for the bad news....I'm worried about the first leaves as they look nothing like they should. Is this a normal thing? or am i freaking out for no reason? Secondly, i tested the run-off after watering last night and it came back at a shocking 7.0! Like i'm really freaking out about this issue because ph is annoying to begin with. I been ph'ing my water to 6.5 So im kinda confused with all the ph buffers i have the dolomite lime,as well as the oyster shells in the ffof. So im thinking that i have to ph my water to 6.0? I really need help here,i'm lost. I would like if anybody has a good ph test strip they would recommend that would be great. I currently have the liquid and sometimes its really hard to tell the colors for me? Maybe i'm stupid lol. Well anyways any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm super concerned with the ph issue!! :reading420magazine:

Your plants look happy and healthy to me dude. Im a rookie but I'll take a swing. Maybe when watering give a good full saturation and then allow to dry thoroughly before watering again instead of just misting it all the time. As far as nutes go... I started with ffof and perlite. I added a tiny bit of seaweed week 3 and a lil liquid guano just recently, around 30 days. My plants seem pretty pleased. I think the FF soil has enough to last a while. I don't see what u mean by the first leaves look strange. They look good from here. Humidity, well honestly dude mine fluctuates from about 30 during daytime up to 70 at night. I haven't had any issues yet. When they were super tiny I used a wet heating pad but I stopped before they were the size of ur ladies. Again im a rookie just learning like you but I know I like a lil feedback so here's some for you! Best wishes brotha

Hey blood thank you,the main issue i'm having right now is ph. I'm misjudging it somehow. As far as nutes i been going light on the ff big bloom. Next feed will be grow big,and ff big bloom. Humidity has been spot on,as well as temp. Its just the ph, i just don't get it because of the buffers i have.

So as far as what happened today i gave her another light feeding,on a bit better ph results from run off. Its right at 6.2 which scares me a bit. Also can somebody help me count my nodes i'm counting 3 with the 4th coming in now. I know my window to top is very small i don't want to miss it. Here are some pics,have a good day.
HDNAm0o.jpg
bBZen8V.jpg

Well I know its been 3 days since my last update,life sucks. Well at least my plant is doing well lol. So I decided to try topping for a change,i was worried about what it would do to her but sure enough the responded well to topping. Gonna wait about a week and then give her some more lst . watered her today so by Sunday/Monday she will receive a bit more in this feeding she will get big bloom and grow big 1/2 tspn of each. Hoping I get more good results. Only thing I'm currently worried about is ph. Its sitting at 6.1 atm. I know 6.2 is ideal. Hopefully it won't screw me in the long run. I been using liquid ph testers but I'm gonna buy my digital meter tonight. Well that's it for now. Here are some photos.
420-magazine-mobile618334789.jpg

420-magazine-mobile507395415.jpg

420-magazine-mobile607154067.jpg

Hey guys so here is my lady 2 days after topping she just blew up! Thanks to everybody for the help and encouraging words in the autotopping forums. Now I gotta wait a few more days before lst. Don't want to stress her too much. Any advice? well here she is!
420-magazine-mobile634952370.jpg

420-magazine-mobile876581943.jpg

420-magazine-mobile415387001.jpg

Nothing new going on with her,she isn't drinking as much was suppose to water/feed today. Soil is still wet from last watering. Hopefully tomorrow i can feed her,just kinda weird she slowed down on the drinking usually its 2 days. So we shall see. :morenutes:

Edit: Also had to move the lights up a bit was sitting 14 away from her and i didn't want to take a gamble so i raised it to 18. :)

Good Evening, so big update tonight. She got a big feeding today 1/2 tbs of big bloom, 1/2 tbs of grow big. Excited to see how she handles a bit more. The topping looks like it didn't even phase her an inch. Only thing i did notice is she slowed down finally on drinking,the soil was still a bit moist. I really didn't see the need to stretch it to a 4th day with nothing. I also am still having issues with ph,I tested my runoff it was at 6.8 which is ok,but id like it a bit lower 6.3-6.5. She has 2 more days before i begin lst. I wanted to give her a full week of rest before stressing her a bit more. Well that's it for this update. Here are the photos:
WYWoZjJ.jpg
edxwb9g.jpg

:thumb: G'Nite 420

Caveat: I'm brand new to this, so anything I say... do your own research for peace of mind... I don't think you need to freak out so much about ph. Your leaves will let you know, as I understand it. 7 is still pretty much right in the middle of a 1-14 scale. Your plant looks damn happy so don't make any extra worries for yourself. As I understand it, she will let you know if there's an issue, so don't make one if there isn't one! She looks beautiful so don't worry so much! Just give her good vibes & I believe she will repay you with a lot of joy! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom