HerbChild's Perpetual Grow Journal #1 1200w LED - Soil Grown

HerbChild

Hello there guys and gals

Please take a seat for this journal you wont be disappointed ..lots of eye candy for all

Setup: 3x10 split homemade climate controlled box 3×5 Vegging.. 3x5 Flowering chamber. Carbon scrubber and 4 fans with thermostat heater (iam canadian its cooler here lol ) my whole setup is made from scracth and all my design ..

Lighting: Veg: 400w king plus Ufo LED 2x 150w white LEDs 700w in total.
Flower: 1200w king plus LED 2 x 150w white LED . 1500w in total

Medium: Promix for a base mixed with a combination of coco ,vermiculite,perlite,worm casting,bat guano , glacier rock dust , blood meal, kelp seaweed..premixed prior to use and brewd for one month (helps with pests)

Flushing buds since 2002

The beginning of a beautiful thing ..this is the first time i checked on them in 24hrs and I already have 2 out of the 4 strains have already sprouted the other strains nothing yet hopefully in the next 24 hrs i have some more tails ..

420-magazine-mobile2009180677.jpg

420-magazine-mobile805581584.jpg

Flushing buds since 2002

For sprouting seeds everyone has there own methods there are several ways of doing soo the one i prefer and has worked best for me is simply using a small plate 3 or 4 layers of paper towel for the bottom then seeds down then another 3 or 4 layers on top luke warm water getting all of the paper towel wet then i cover it with clear plastic wrap to keep moisture in so your paper towels does'nt dry up and stays moist then i put it on a a reptile heating pad on low stays around 85f. Checking them every 24hrs till i have tails around 1 inch long then they hit soil and or rockwool

Flushing buds since 2002

This is my flowering chamber this time iam running a clone of each of the 4 strains i chose which are BC blueberry (right) Alien Og - Barneys Vanilla kush - big buddah's blue cheese(left) ..now all 4 of these plants were at 6 weeks in veg . Now that there in the scrog ive supercropped them and tucked as many branches in the net as i could ..From here i will veg for another 2-3 weeks until i can get the canopy at the desired hight and evenness through out ..i want to make sure the whole space is filled evenly to maximize my yield.

420-magazine-mobile1964183790.jpg

Flushing buds since 2002

Now usually i only run one strain in flower ..mostly because its easier, the plants grow at the same pace .The vigour is equal. Everything usually grows in an equal fashion..but since there are 4 differnt strains with differnt vigorous traits differnt profiles, node spacing ect ..this should be interesting and a good challenge for me this round

Flushing buds since 2002

Hey HerbChild, nice posts. I was wondering about your soil mixture. Does it last for the entire grow or do you need to add some nutes by the time they get to flower?

I do a similar technique with the paper towel, it's how we learned to germinate beans (actual not the THC kind) in grade school. However, I like to use a small plastic tub like the kind used for cottage cheese. I get the small clear ones (250mL) that are usually used to dish your own olives at the grocery store. Put the paper towel in that and punch a couple holes in the top for air exchange. The nice thing is they are perpetually reusable, the top pops off and on pretty easy and you can see the seeds through them.

Hey HerbChild, nice posts. I was wondering about your soil mixture. Does it last for the entire grow or do you need to add some nutes by the time they get to flower?

I do a similar technique with the paper towel, it's how we learned to germinate beans (actual not the THC kind) in grade school. However, I like to use a small plastic tub like the kind used for cottage cheese. I get the small clear ones (250mL) that are usually used to dish your own olives at the grocery store. Put the paper towel in that and punch a couple holes in the top for air exchange. The nice thing is they are perpetually reusable, the top pops off and on pretty easy and you can see the seeds through them.
Thanks cbdstealth my soil mixture does usually last till the first couple weeks through flower ..i go by how the plants are looking at that point in time and if i see that the plants could use it i only use half strength for my nutes. if i use them and then progressing to 3/4 strength to full as the weeks go in the flowering period ..i use advanced nutrients ..

And yea definatly. That would be good aswell i use a plate because i find it holds the heat rather then plastic but iam sure both methods work well ..i guess it even comes down to personal preference and basically whats laying around hahah ..but yea i learned the same in school haha sprouting beans old school style lol ..

Flushing buds since 2002

Soo now that ive switched my girls over to the flower room my veg room is pretty empty i now have the 2 seeds and some clones i cut from my alien OG and vanilla kush which are the two that i chose to work with from here on out i really liked the smoke that they produce and liked how they grew in my last grow
420-magazine-mobile1487040815.jpg

The vanilla kush are holding well the alien og clones look like they maybe in shock hopfully this doesnt affect them too much and they still root fairly quick

420-magazine-mobile1063382808.jpg

Flushing buds since 2002

Back over to the flower room..got some defoliation going on trying to expose as many tips to the light as i can ..as far as i can see there i counted over 65 tips from the 4 plants i have in here probly missed a few too should have a solid canopy in no time ..the plants look a little limp here simply beacause the light had just turned on ..i have them on 18/6 at the moment.
420-magazine-mobile1179746858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1813242936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1982859911.jpg
420-magazine-mobile724999424.jpg
420-magazine-mobile254326912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1012221234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1489920220.jpg

Flushing buds since 2002

Back
Top Bottom