Timmy Haha's White Widow Auto DWC Grow

TimmyHaHa

Seeding Day

Haha! I didn't know what else to call today, as I've only just soaked the seed for 24 hours and popped it in a rapid rooter tonight!

I'd like to get this thread started, though, because I'm closing out my first grow journal tonight and wanted to get this new journal started and posted in my sig so people could follow me here. That's enough housekeeping....on to the new journal!

This grow will be another DWC and another Auto. In fact, it will be a White Widow Auto! Ta-da! And in case this seed I just popped in the rapid rooter tonight doesn't take, I have 2 more as backups. Why don't I just pop them all and take the best, you ask? Well, I don't know. I didn't think of that until now. Haha. I guess I also don't like the idea of wasting a perfectly good seed if I don't need to. And I don't mind waiting. And I just don't have enough room to grow more than one plant at a time. So there!

At least I can get this setup info out of the way. Here's what I have going:

• 3.5 gallon bucket
  • Hydroton growing medium
  • Air stone and pump
  • 24" x 24" x 65" grow tent
  • Flourwing CFL 125W (for seedling only)
  • Mars Hydro 600W LED (veg and bloom)
  • 4 in. in-line duct fan and duct for venting out the top
  • Small clip-on fan for low-level circulation

I can post a pic of the setup from my first grow journal - it looks basically the same (including the CFL right now for the seedling but minus the heating mat under the bucket):

Grow_tent_Day_11b.JPG

Unlike my last grow, I'm going to use the Advanced Nutrients line of products. And here's where I can ask for some help already! I don't need the nutes just yet, so I have some time to decide. I'm torn between the following:

1) Should I use the basic AN Grow/Micro/Bloom trio and supplement them with just Flawless Finish?

Or...

2) Should I splurge and buy an AN package at my local grow store that consists of Sensi Grow A/B, Sensi Bloom A/B, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive?

The $$ price difference is significant - #1 is $35.82 on Amazon for the G/M/B and I already have FF from my first grow; #2 is $116.47 at the grow store. I'd like to go with #2, but does all that extra stuff really make a difference in yield and quality? If anyone has feedback or personal experience with these, I'd love to hear it in the next couple of days!!

That's it for now, folks! I'll post an update when I see some movement with the seedling, hopefully something by the end of the week. Until then, please leave your thoughts and comments and thanks for reading (and hopefully subscribing)!

:Namaste:

You know what I'd advise Timmy. :) Recent results have me retooling my nutrient line.

I DO know! Haha. But my local store doesn't seem to carry that brand (Remo, right?). Maybe I have it wrong?

I really should read more then just the 1st line before I look at the pictures. I was going "WTF!! How'd that get so big in one day"?

Good luck on the new grow

HAHAHA. :rofl:

I DO know! Haha. But my local store doesn't seem to carry that brand (Remo, right?). Maybe I have it wrong?
HAHAHA. :rofl:

Remo is what I'll eventually move to I believe. I just finished 4 DDA. Two were on AN mgb only, and two got that plus a half dozen of the AN additives. The mgb only plants produced more weight and larger buds than the ones with all the additives. It's all documented in my journal, harvest was a couple of weeks ago. :)

Seeding Day

Haha! I didn't know what else to call today, as I've only just soaked the seed for 24 hours and popped it in a rapid rooter tonight!

I'd like to get this thread started, though, because I'm closing out my first grow journal tonight and wanted to get this new journal started and posted in my sig so people could follow me here. That's enough housekeeping....on to the new journal!

This grow will be another DWC and another Auto. In fact, it will be a White Widow Auto! Ta-da! And in case this seed I just popped in the rapid rooter tonight doesn't take, I have 2 more as backups. Why don't I just pop them all and take the best, you ask? Well, I don't know. I didn't think of that until now. Haha. I guess I also don't like the idea of wasting a perfectly good seed if I don't need to. And I don't mind waiting. And I just don't have enough room to grow more than one plant at a time. So there!

At least I can get this setup info out of the way. Here's what I have going:

• 3.5 gallon bucket
  • Hydroton growing medium
  • Air stone and pump
  • 24" x 24" x 65" grow tent
  • Flourwing CFL 125W (for seedling only)
  • Mars Hydro 600W LED (veg and bloom)
  • 4 in. in-line duct fan and duct for venting out the top
  • Small clip-on fan for low-level circulation

I can post a pic of the setup from my first grow journal - it looks basically the same (including the CFL right now for the seedling but minus the heating mat under the bucket):

Grow_tent_Day_11b.JPG

Unlike my last grow, I'm going to use the Advanced Nutrients line of products. And here's where I can ask for some help already! I don't need the nutes just yet, so I have some time to decide. I'm torn between the following:

1) Should I use the basic AN Grow/Micro/Bloom trio and supplement them with just Flawless Finish?

Or...

2) Should I splurge and buy an AN package at my local grow store that consists of Sensi Grow A/B, Sensi Bloom A/B, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive?

The $$ price difference is significant - #1 is $35.82 on Amazon for the G/M/B and I already have FF from my first grow; #2 is $116.47 at the grow store. I'd like to go with #2, but does all that extra stuff really make a difference in yield and quality? If anyone has feedback or personal experience with these, I'd love to hear it in the next couple of days!!

That's it for now, folks! I'll post an update when I see some movement with the seedling, hopefully something by the end of the week. Until then, please leave your thoughts and comments and thanks for reading (and hopefully subscribing)!

:Namaste:

I would go with the package bc AN g/m/b is just a baseline nutrient. for different stages of the plant, it'll need other nutes to fully reach its potential. I don't have the sensi products, but I do have the b52, voodoo, big bud, and overdrive. The overdrive DEFINITELY works. My auto started flowering at the beginning of feb. and it still has probably another week, maybe two, of nutes followed by a two week flush. CKS said its an 8 week flower, which I'm basically at right now... so I believe the OD has given me at the very least, three extra weeks of budding. I'll post a picture after work, but some of my buds are as fat as my palm. Getting super dense, as well.

Here's a journal you should check out, if you haven't already. It's by Atrain, who is a master auto grower. He uses the AN lineup and has it down to quite a nice science. I highly recommend it if you're going to be going with the AN lineup.

Here We Grow Again! - A-train's DP Auto Ultimate x 2

BTW, since I'm not sure I'll be doing another journal, I just wanted to keep you posted... my WWA has popped her head above ground today!

Cheers!

I would go with the package bc AN g/m/b is just a baseline nutrient. for different stages of the plant, it'll need other nutes to fully reach its potential. I don't have the sensi products, but I do have the b52, voodoo, big bud, and overdrive. The overdrive DEFINITELY works. My auto started flowering at the beginning of feb. and it still has probably another week, maybe two, of nutes followed by a two week flush. CKS said its an 8 week flower, which I'm basically at right now... so I believe the OD has given me at the very least, three extra weeks of budding. I'll post a picture after work, but some of my buds are as fat as my palm. Getting super dense, as well.

Here's a journal you should check out, if you haven't already. It's by Atrain, who is a master auto grower. He uses the AN lineup and has it down to quite a nice science. I highly recommend it if you're going to be going with the AN lineup.

Here We Grow Again! - A-train's DP Auto Ultimate x 2

BTW, since I'm not sure I'll be doing another journal, I just wanted to keep you posted... my WWA has popped her head above ground today!

Cheers!

Thanks for your input, JM! I forgot you used all those same nutes on your grow. And it looks great, so they obviously work well. However, since you grew in soil and I want to grow in DWC, I'm wondering if I'd have the same results. Rifleman (see above and his journal) had a different experience growing in DWC. I further wonder if the Sensi A/B line would produce the same results as the G/M/B series.

:popcorn: all subbed up for the ride on this one :passitleft:

Congrats on your last grow Timmy....have you smoke any yet?

I don't have a clue as far as nutes go....i'm still trying to figure it out.

Thanks for following along, bckush! Glad to have you along for the ride again.

I have NOT smoked any of my C4 yet! Can you believe it? I have some street stuff to carry me over the next couple of weeks while it all gets a nice cure going. I've opened one of the jars to check on it and the boveda pack is doing its job! The aroma is awesome and I think it's gonna be some awesome smoke.

Day 1 Update

Well she popped her head out overnight!! And check this out....

Day_1_pics_001.JPG

Day_1_pics_002.JPG

What I find amazing is that she popped out overnight and ALREADY has the first two sets of leaves showing! Think it's too early to top?!?! :rofl:

As you can see in the pictures, she's in a cozy seedling tray and I have a nice high-top humidity dome for it.

56119.JPG

I also have a seedling warming mat under the tray to keep it nice and warm. When I placed the seed in the rapid rooter on Tuesday, I broke off a piece of the rapid rooter and covered the hole so the seed was in darkness. Now that she's poked out, I have the CFL light almost touching the top of the humidity dome to get nice and close without burning.

Tomorrow I think I'll transfer her to the net pot/bucket and get her settled in the tent. I'll start the clip-on fan blowing to get some air movement and strengthen the stem up. For now I'm going to continue using the CFL until she gets another set of leaves. Then I'll switch to the LED and start it off about 30" above the darling.

I haven't made a decision on nutes yet, but I'm leaning towards the AN Sensi A/B lineup. I expect my tax refund any day so I'm in a "splurging" mood, so cost isn't the consideration it originally was. I figure I'll take a trip to the grow store tomorrow and browse their lineup of nutes and make my decision then. Maybe I can finagle a discount somehow....:slide:

That's all I got for now! Cheers gang!

Day 2 Update

Hey folks! Happy Saturday and Happy Weekend!

Got lots of new info and also a pic or two to share! So let's get to it....

Got my girl all set up in her bucket and into the tent today! [Come to think of it, I haven't named her yet.....I think I'm going to call her Hillary, which seems like a fitting name to me these days. :) ]

Here she is in the tent and then a close-up:

WW_Day_2_pics_001.JPG

WW_Day_2_pics_003.JPG

I made a change to my set-up as well. Instead of using the 3.5 gallon bucket, I went with a 5 gallon bucket. It'll make it easier for me measuring out the nutes, etc. Another change I'm making from my last journal is I'm going to put all my measurements here in terms of liters instead of gallons or ounces. Also, since the nutes I'm using are from the AN pH-Perfect line, I'm not going to take constant measurements of the pH and PPMs, but I'll still post them occasionally. (I'm still keeping a spreadsheet of my measurements, just for my amusement. You should see the graph I made of the pH, H2O, and air temps I made of my last grow. Wish I could post it here!)

So here's the current setup in the bucket:

11 Liters of water, half distilled and half spring water (I'm not using any tap water in this grow b/c the pH out of my tap is too high at almost 9.0). This got the water level to just the bottom of the net pot. I then added about an inch of the clay pebbles (another change from my last grow, in which I used the porous, pumice-like grow stones) and placed the rapid rooter (with a root coming out already!) on top. Then I filled in around the rapid rooter with the remaining clay pebbles (as you can see in the pic).

Once I got the plant setup in the net pot, I took out 1L of the water to lower the water level just a bit below the level of the net pot. I then added my nutes to this 1L of reserve water. To the water, I added:

• 1ml Sensi Grow A
  • 1ml Sensi Grow B
  • 2ml Voodoo Juice
  • 2ml B-52

Once I had my bucket in place and the light set up, I then poured just a little bit of this reserve water over the rapid rooter and around the pebbles surrounding it. I plan on pouring a little of this reserve water around the pebbles every couple of days for the next week in the hopes of enticing the roots to reach out for water. I have the air pump working on high to make sure the bubbles get up around the lower level of the pebbles to provide moisture for the roots to reach. Once I see some roots coming out the net pot, I'll lower the water level again by another 1L. Hopefully that will be around the same time as next week's feeding and water change.

And that's about it! I'm so excited to already be getting into my second grow. I still feel like I'm working on the first one! :circle-of-love:

Cheers, folks and thanks for reading! Happy toking!!

:lot-o-toke:

Day 2 Update

Once I had my bucket in place and the light set up, I then poured just a little bit of this reserve water over the rapid rooter and around the pebbles surrounding it. I plan on pouring a little of this reserve water around the pebbles every couple of days for the next week in the hopes of enticing the roots to reach out for water. I have the air pump working on high to make sure the bubbles get up around the lower level of the pebbles to provide moisture for the roots to reach. Once I see some roots coming out the net pot, I'll lower the water level again by another 1L. Hopefully that will be around the same time as next week's feeding and water change.

This is where I screwed up with Wendy. I didn't do this at first and she never seeked water. Once I started getting the hydroton around her wet instead of her rapid rooter she started growing. Live and learn. OH and i killed another WW this AM. So my second grow is down to the one Liberty Haze and the 6 clones i took today. I hate White Widows.!!!!! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

This is where I screwed up with Wendy. I didn't do this at first and she never seeked water. Once I started getting the hydroton around her wet instead of her rapid rooter she started growing. Live and learn. OH and i killed another WW this AM. So my second grow is down to the one Liberty Haze and the 6 clones i took today. I hate White Widows.!!!!! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
Long live Hillary! Which site did you grab this ww auto from Timmy?

Hey Dr GreenJeans! Nice pic! You're welcome to drop any pics of your grow here any time! It'll be fun to compare an airpot grow to a hydro one. To answer your question, I'm only on day 2 right now, so you're much further along than I am. I'm gonna actually put up a new post next with a new pic, so hang on!

And Welcome to my Grow!!

:thumb:
Thanks brotha! I forgot to mention, I'm running a VERY unscientific side-by-side with my 2x 1L mini dwc, and 1L airpot. I just really wanted to show someone the little mini dwc I made :(

I call it - High-dro
Jr.
420-magazine-mobile510424676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile312413127.jpg

Long live Hillary! Which site did you grab this ww auto from Timmy?

Back
Top Bottom