First Time For Personal Use

PoS5

Hi all. Namaste. Been reading about various growing techniques and ways, always willing to learn about this beautiful nature's gift to us. Planted some seeds around early March, in a balcony plant. 5 out of 10 germinated and sprouted into healthy saplings. Transferred them to individual pots, not all, but 2 in pairs and 1 individual plant. Using coco peat mixed with natural compost soil. Watering when the top 2 inches go dry. They are getting 10-12 hours of direct sunlight, temperature is rising, currently 30-33 degree Celsius. About 2-4 hours good light while in the evening and then around 7-8 hours of darkness. Should I take them indoors, have a cupboard big enough with fitted bulbs, could use.
Please pour in with your suggestions and help me experience the joy of growing. Peace
420-magazine-mobile566811246.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1978873683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420321395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Depends on the strain. Nothing beets sunlight, but the high temperatures and the light cycle may give you trouble, I would set them up in the cupboard but I would sit them in the sun every chance I had. Good luck. ;)

Looks like some kind of haze seedlings. Am I right? If so they should be inside.

Hey! To be honest, it was growing in the wild, I was sure it was a wild sativa growing. So I got them just as random as I am. But yes, the long leaves do indicate something. I am just a beginner, help me more with some clues?
Peace.

Depends on the strain. Nothing beets sunlight, but the high temperatures and the light cycle may give you trouble, I would set them up in the cupboard but I would sit them in the sun every chance I had. Good luck. ;)

So yes in the cupboard, should I go with the cfl, I have red and blue cfl 6w each. Also, do I need a fan in there? Thanks for your help. Peace.

Hey! To be honest, it was growing in the wild, I was sure it was a wild sativa growing. So I got them just as random as I am. But yes, the long leaves do indicate something. I am just a beginner, help me more with some clues?
Peace.

Wow id love to run into cannabis growing wildly...to be first to discover a new landrace would be awesome

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"
Hunter S. Thompson
New Grow With 300w LED

Hi all. Namaste. Been reading about various growing techniques and ways, always willing to learn about this beautiful nature's gift to us. Planted some seeds around early March, in a balcony plant. 5 out of 10 germinated and sprouted into healthy saplings. Transferred them to individual pots, not all, but 2 in pairs and 1 individual plant. Using coco peat mixed with natural compost soil. Watering when the top 2 inches go dry. They are getting 10-12 hours of direct sunlight, temperature is rising, currently 30-33 degree Celsius. About 2-4 hours good light while in the evening and then around 7-8 hours of darkness. Should I take them indoors, have a cupboard big enough with fitted bulbs, could use.
Please pour in with your suggestions and help me experience the joy of growing. Peace
420-magazine-mobile566811246.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1978873683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420321395.jpg

Looking good young fella!
420-magazine-mobile1265103079.jpg

Air circulation is a must when they get bigger but for now i would use fluorescent(barely any heat, just enough) as that's all ive used. They provide with just the right temp for seedlings and early to mid veg. i cant give you any info on cfl's but my guess is if you can touch them with your fingers without burning then youll be fine in the cupboard. Provided the heat dosnt exceed 86F

Air circulation is a must when they get bigger but for now i would use fluorescent(barely any heat, just enough) as that's all ive used. They provide with just the right temp for seedlings and early to mid veg. i cant give you any info on cfl's but my guess is if you can touch them with your fingers without burning then youll be fine in the cupboard. Provided the heat dosnt exceed 86F

Hi! Thanks for your support and advice. I actually a a CFL, blue and red colored each 5w, and I put one balcony plant with one healthy seedling in it for good 8 hours, and then I noticed a browning on the tips and the leaf bending and become squishy. So I was just confused. Only used Blue cfl till yet.

hi
happy to see you took my advice on separation, good job.:goodjob:

You mentioned about peat, in your other thread, it is added?
Thing is, my concern is the "muddy" look of the watered part. Did you mix soil/peat with anything for air? perlite etc.
airy soil=healthy roots= healthy plant= awesome buds

Roots need the oxygen and perlite for example also makes the soil less compact at the bottom of pot= no root rot.

hi
happy to see you took my advice on separation, good job.:goodjob:

You mentioned about peat, in your other thread, it is added?
Thing is, my concern is the "muddy" look of the watered part. Did you mix soil/peat with anything for air? perlite etc.
airy soil=healthy roots= healthy plant= awesome buds

Roots need the oxygen and perlite for example also makes the soil less compact at the bottom of pot= no root rot.

Hi! Yes your advice certainly paid off. Hope everything is smooth sailing at your end!
Coco peat is mixed, that patch over there is probably because the soil is a bit uneven so there is a bit of stagnation, it's taken care of.
Also, perlite is not added yet. I would be adding it soon and update here.
Peace.

So if I add Perlite now, should I throughly mix it or just put it over the top layers?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

With the concern of stressing the babies, you can actually lift out the whole soil ball and carefully,carefully take some soil off the root ball.
Add a 2 cm thick layer of perlite in the bottom of pot, and depending on where the tap root is and how much roots are developed, lightly "mix in" in the outside, layer only, some more perlite.

I hope my description was understandable.

With the concern of stressing the babies, you can actually lift out the whole soil ball and carefully,carefully take some soil off the root ball.
Add a 2 cm thick layer of perlite in the bottom of pot, and depending on where the tap root is and how much roots are developed, lightly "mix in" in the outside, layer only, some more perlite.

I hope my description was understandable.

Yes, the tap root was well developed when I transferred them. So, I guess it wont be a problem. Will update.
Peace

Back
Top Bottom