LED & HPS Combined Grow

Dr GreenJeans

Let's keep this short and sweet,
I've experienced great triumphs with LEDS AND HPS lights in the past; however, putting it simply, I found that with LEDS my buds would be more developed earlier on and would be far denser (dank tho). And on the flip side my hps/mh would make far larger buds but just werent as potent and didn't have as much bag appeal. But, I still yielded 20% more from the hps / mh grows. Which to me, brings this age old question down to - do you want a snaller yield but dank weed, or, not so dank but compensated by the larger size of yield weed? Both have their place in society, but why not in the same tent? .

Basically I'm putting my LEDS with my HPS to discover if it gives me larger than my average yield. It couldn't hurt at the end of the day.

Also, I forgot to mention. I've put away the 5gal and switched 2x 1L mini dwc's I've created. Alongside, I'm running a cute WW Auto in a 1L airpot.

Canna Professional Terra
Canna nutes
Whiteshark micro fungus
Worm castings

Running 6.1 on the soil 1L airpot as that is when nitrogen is most readily absorbed and ill let it climb gently to 6.6 before bringing back to 6.1

5.8 in my 1L dwc's since it is so early and they aren't producing enough salt waste to make the pH climb.

Some pics :)

This little guy in the starter cube is the Fast and Vast Auto, he isn't quite ready for transplant. 2 days from start atm.

Second is the AK47 fem, which had amazing root growth, so it's currently sitting inside the mini dwc.

Lastly, my WW auto, which is at 20 days here just after being topped.

420-magazine-mobile408080260.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1679703241.jpg

420-magazine-mobile490256992.jpg

My set up.

Not currently running the 600W MH because I enjoy the short internodal distances from using LED in early and late veg. It works with my height limitations at the end of the day.

This is in my walk-in-wardrobe since I just moved into my new place with the Gf, but the flower room shall be in a different spot later on :)

Day 4 of the seedlings.
Day 22 ww

420-magazine-mobile83817525.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1267473259.jpg
420-magazine-mobile55841257.jpg

BEANS - Hydro #1 Fast and Vast Auto by Heavy Weight.

Bio - If you're looking for maximum yields and maximum potency in an autoflowering strain then look no further. Fast was the first hurdle for Heavyweight, taking a sturdy white dwarf and crossing it with an auto skunk that would reach its full potential in 7 careful weeks, and then the Vast came when further crossing with a powerful Afghani auto. Great care has been taken to ensure that the high yields are not at the expense of quality, the long thick buds covered in sparkling crystals produce a high quality soft and sweet smoke with spicy undertones. The effect is very fast and knock out, leading to a long relaxed stone.

Don't expect Fast and Vast to perform like any ordinary auto, for this is no ordinary auto, it's a Heavyweight Auto!

Hydro #2 - AK47 Fem from MSNL
We all know what AK47 is.

And finally in the 1L Airpot - Auto WW from 420 the second "no name" strain in this grow. Since MSNL and 420 sell their own versions of these strains, I'm fairly sure.

Grow Strong, Son.

Update for the WW - Five days after topping. Getting all those heads out so they can be made an even height.

Ill defol soon to slow down the side growth and re-engage vert growth so I can start scroging. While also clearing up some of those inner fans to help increase some penetration on the small growth tips. Ill be doing some more lst to prepare my little ww for alllllll the bud site light pen ;)

420-magazine-mobile21093940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile439439245.jpg

Update for the WW - Five days after topping. Getting all those heads out so they can be made an even height.

Ill defol soon to slow down the side growth and re-engage vert growth so I can start scroging. While also clearing up some of those inner fans to help increase some penetration on the small growth tips. Ill be doing some more lst to prepare my little ww for alllllll the bud site light pen ;)

420-magazine-mobile21093940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile439439245.jpg

I like that you run soil and dwc, that is the same thing I do, I have a nice perpetual journal click on my username and take a look it's called my new dwc Afghan and flowering mothers

Patience is the best nute you'll ever give your plants

I like that you run soil and dwc, that is the same thing I do, I have a nice perpetual journal click on my username and take a look it's called my new dwc Afghan and flowering mothers

I'm definitely going to check out your grow, perpetual is right where I'm going after this cycle. Slowly building and developing my early veg, late veg. Warly flower and late flower cannabis pools . can't wait for more cloning agent :(

My last grow I ran my usual 7 gallon bucket dwc and got great results from running only one plant for 8 weeks of veg.

420-magazine-mobile857950226.jpg

Just a quick update.

After topping the WW Auto, she seemed to take pretty well and didnt "stump out" which is what I like to call autos that seem to get stunted and flower instantly the second you top them, keeping them VERY small, which is good for some, but when you have enough space, it kills me.

Anyhoo, some shots.

Lst'd the two main colas to help the other secondaries catch up.

The heavy weight has the biggest god damn leaves I have ever grown on a seedling. Quite excited actually. They advertised these seeds as "fast and vast" and so far it's destroying my AK47 in growth rate and mass.

I shall keep you all posted!

Now, time for work.
Peace!

420-magazine-mobile1079976633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1118856485.jpg
420-magazine-mobile827123956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile589077413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1919469337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685641778.jpg

I'm definitely going to check out your grow, perpetual is right where I'm going after this cycle. Slowly building and developing my early veg, late veg. Warly flower and late flower cannabis pools . can't wait for more cloning agent :(
Click my username and it's the thread called my new dwc Afghan and flower mothers

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just a quick update.

After topping the WW Auto, she seemed to take pretty well and didnt "stump out" which is what I like to call autos that seem to get stunted and flower instantly the second you top them, keeping them VERY small, which is good for some, but when you have enough space, it kills me.

Anyhoo, some shots.

Lst'd the two main colas to help the other secondaries catch up.

The heavy weight has the biggest god damn leaves I have ever grown on a seedling. Quite excited actually. They advertised these seeds as "fast and vast" and so far it's destroying my AK47 in growth rate and mass.

I shall keep you all posted!

Now, time for work.
Peace!

420-magazine-mobile1079976633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1118856485.jpg
420-magazine-mobile827123956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile589077413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1919469337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685641778.jpg
Are those small containers clear? Bc if yes you will get algae and get unhealthy roots they have to be blacked out

Are those small containers clear? Bc if yes you will get algae and get unhealthy roots they have to be blacked out

Yeah :( due to my laziness I haven't blacked them out yet. I had big dreams man, big dreams I'm telling you. I was going to paint these bright red with a simple beautiful green weed leaf stenciled onto the front. But! Life happened, and now I'm just going to use black duct tape. :O

Grow on, son.

Taking a seat cos Mr A likes to watch the grass grow. :passitleft:
I appreciate the support Mr A!

I love the way you said that btw. I laughed out loud at work ( in a law firm ) so I seemed either mentally unatable to be laughing to myself while staring at my phone screen at 7:45am infront of angry stressed out lawyers. Or simply having too much fun for a monday morning. So for this, I thank you :3

Cheers

Alex

Update:
I replanted the WW Auto into a 1gal smartpot. Added some SuperThrive A and White Shark micro bacteria and fungi additive, just to help with the shock from the transplant, if there is any.

I'm happy about the smartpots design, they have velcro that allows you to open them up, making transplanting a god damn dream.
420-magazine-mobile53083068.jpg

Now the screaming to be transplanted ww has been freed.
420-magazine-mobile95692153.jpg

I also did some minor lst to keep things even :)

420-magazine-mobile1749380869.jpg

That's all for now :)
More tomorrow!

Day 18 Hydro update: Still need to black out the containers which I shall get done today after work, but for the time being they are EXTREMELY healthy and vigorous.

Fast and Vast auto, along with AK47 are also looking in great shape and seem ready to be topped.

Lets see if this auto's genetics are upto scratch or if it will just stunt and insta flower after I top it.

Pics of both:
420-magazine-mobile1543258641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2040955884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1578591529.jpg

UPDATE:
Day ~22 Soil
Day 19 Hydro

The auto White Widow has taken to her new 1gal smartpot perfectly. I did further lst to keep the canopy nice and even, quite a symmetrical plant!

I went ahead and topped the AK47 but left the Fast and Vast for a little longer. Temps are staying at 77 during the day and drop to ~71 at night. Going to start my 600w hps VERY shortly as its getting a little colder during the nights now and I want to keep the temps from fluctuating that badly between night and day.

That's it for now :)

420-magazine-mobile1173100117.jpg
420-magazine-mobile700923113.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1923322136.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1261354551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1731214082.jpg

FINALLY, I blacked out the root zone on both mini dwc containers, but while I was there I decided to finally retire the 1.5L container and switched it with 2.5L Juice containers. I'll most likely end up upsizing again, since regulating the pH fluctuations will be like playing a professional tennis match.

Both AK47 and Fast & Vast are going hard.

420-magazine-mobile1173664444.jpg

Auto White Widow still just doing its ting and trying to fill its roots out before exploding with growth again.

420-magazine-mobile406551241.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2033995408.jpg

Scrog net is tomorrow and HPS 600w fun will be finally added in, now that I've pretty much manifolded and made a nice compact base to start with.

So my 2 gal smart pots arrived today, I originally wanted them so my transplant routine could be made whole. 1l airpot ----> 1 gal smart pot ----- 2 gal smart pot 10 days before flower. This way my plants will only get to about 3ft which is perfect for me.

Soooo dude at the hydro store sold me the above smartpot that the WW is in as a "1 Gal" and after getting the 2gal smart pots it is VERY apparent that my would be 1gal smart pot is really a 3 gal. Shame on me for not realising but still pretty damn lame of my local grow store.

I think I'll make this a perpetual grow, just tossing up what to grow next to start a fem mother plant.

I have: Dinafem - Crit 2.0
420 - WW
420 - Gold Leaf***
420 - Super Skunk
Dutch Passion - Think Big
Dutch Passion - Durban Poison
And a multitude of autos, but they are no help in this case :/

Finally today is the day that I got my hps light and mh 600watterrs very happy with paying 155 for the 6" cooltube both 600w mh and hps globes. 600w magnetic ballast and the yoyos. Got here to my house in 2 days after ordering. very excited to finish work and set it all up!!!

Break is over! Time to pour more beers for drunk motherfkers.

Peace!

420-magazine-mobile2101626204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom