Scraps Man Cave

Scrapper21

All right guys! I'm lookin for some help! Kinda learning as I go and it's barely workin out for me... Pretty sure I've got all of the tools/supplies, I just need a little guidance. Growth seems super slow. I know I've made a few mistakes up to this point, (didn't manage PH, transplanted too soon into a container that's too big, etc.) just lookin for some pointers here on out!

-Here's the set-up-
420-magazine-mobile2054650351.jpg

-2 300w LED w/a 400w MH/HPS between.
-20gl air pots.
-Medium: Fox Farm Ocean, Natures Care Organic, Perlite.
-Nutes: General Organics Go Box.

420-magazine-mobile4528776.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1908875799.jpg

420-magazine-mobile589719031.jpg

420-magazine-mobile27891857.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: (1st Grow!) Organic Afghan under 1000w

Really?! They've been in the 20s for about a week. You don't think they'll make it?

Really?! They've been in the 20s for about a week. You don't think they'll make it?

They'll be fine. Or- You can leave them, it's just going to be sloooow for a while, it won't hurt them. From starter cube > beer cup > 1gal pot > final home makes for rapid growth. For future reference.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip DG! Super helpful man!

Thinks it's possible to get around 8oz each with this set-up?

I've been growing Afghani for a year now. Starting from seed, I transition directly from nursery to flowering after 2 weeks.Using small pots 2L with minimal attention and nutrients give me a constant reliable 2 oz/plant. But I've been wondering how much I could get out of just one big plant. Good luck and ill be in the front row watching what happens. ;)

Nice, I'd be happy with that! I'm gonna try runnin ScrOG. I'll post pics along the way. You might have to save my ass in a few months

Just noticed a bit of leaf cupping... Anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? Sign of root problems maybe?

Been 7 days since last watering.
Lights are 16in away.
Temps/RH: 75-65°F/40%

420-magazine-mobile1134224338.jpg

Everything looks good, Scrapper! The leaf cupping doesn't seem serious.
Is this a Spliff Seeds Afghan?
Oh, and I think the HPS light in between the two LEDs need more spreading.

Cool, thanks for the reassurance CamelBack! They're from AMS (Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds). I don't understand what you mean by "spreading". It needs to be further from the plants, or it needs to be spaced out more from the LEDs?

You can place it further from the plants but at the cost of losing a bit of light intensity to hit both plants, OR you could bring both plant containers closer to each other.
At your setup, it looks to me like the HPS light's high light intensity's pointed to the floor. Though it's more than adequate for supplemental lighting, you may yield more if you let the HPS focus on one plant (more importantly for flowering as HPS lights are best for the job).

You can place it further from the plants but at the cost of losing a bit of light intensity to hit both plants, OR you could bring both plant containers closer to each other.
At your setup, it looks to me like the HPS light's high light intensity's pointed to the floor. Though it's more than adequate for supplemental lighting, you may yield more if you let the HPS focus on one plant (more importantly for flowering as HPS lights are best for the job).
Ah, I'll have to make some adjustments! Thanks CB!

Ah, I'll have to make some adjustments! Thanks CB!

Changed the direction of the MH and angled the LEDs so that the foot print covers the plants a little better. Lux meter near the girls is measuring roughly 50,000 with the LEDs off. That's about where it should be right?

420-magazine-mobile1347125370.jpg

The girls have been 9 days without water. On the 18th, I gave them 1&1/2gls of plain, PHed, RO water and got roughly 20% run-off. They began to show symptoms of over-watering a day or so later so I decided to let them dry out a bit. Soil's dry now and they look thirsty. What would be the safest move to avoid over-watering them again?

Hey what's up Scrappy?!!? Nice set up you got there! I've grown in the past but it's been a while and I'm just getting back to it. One thing to always remember is less is more. Give your plant 20% less water next time and see what happens. You don't have to flood it give it 2 cups and wait 5 minutes. Water the outer perimeter first wait 5 minutes and then around the stalk. That would be 4 cups total in 10 minutes. Continue until you start to see run off. Another thing I do is keep a written journal in my grow area. I wright down notes, as well as any changes I see or make. Amount of water, when I topped, if I move the lights, abnormal leaves, discoloration. It might seem small, but when you look a month from now you'll have a daily journal of your grow and if, I say IF, you have any issues you can back track and maybe find where you went off course. Good Luck Man, I can't wait to see what you finish out at. 10 oz to me seams conservative with the space you have and the SCROG method. I'm going with the manifold / Main Line.

Hey what's up Scrappy?!!? Nice set up you got there! I've grown in the past but it's been a while and I'm just getting back to it. One thing to always remember is less is more. Give your plant 20% less water next time and see what happens. You don't have to flood it give it 2 cups and wait 5 minutes. Water the outer perimeter first wait 5 minutes and then around the stalk. That would be 4 cups total in 10 minutes. Continue until you start to see run off. Another thing I do is keep a written journal in my grow area. I wright down notes, as well as any changes I see or make. Amount of water, when I topped, if I move the lights, abnormal leaves, discoloration. It might seem small, but when you look a month from now you'll have a daily journal of your grow and if, I say IF, you have any issues you can back track and maybe find where you went off course. Good Luck Man, I can't wait to see what you finish out at. 10 oz to me seams conservative with the space you have and the SCROG method. I'm going with the manifold / Main Line.

420-magazine-mobile737446570.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1533900814.jpg

Hey, thanks Agemon! Wish I had gotten your post a bit sooner! I ended up watering before it. I basically did what you suggested, so I might be ok...

Mar. 27 @ 6pm
Watered each, in 2 increments with:
-3 qt. RO
-Nutes- General Organics:
2ml Cal mag, 3.5ml Bio Root
-PH- 6.6
-Lights- 15" away @ 50,000 lux, LEDs Veg+Bloom
-T/RH- 77°/25%
Plant: Appears healthy

I'm gonna wait and see how they handle that. Then during the next watering, in a week or so, I'll give them enough to produce around 20% run-off.

I like the written log idea! I'm hoping that this journal will help acheive that idea as well.

I've seen a TON of people running manifold lately...must be a reason for it Seems to work well! I'll have to check yours out Agemon!

The written log is for me to be over the top and kinda geeky about the whole thing. I like the idea of the digital journal too cause I can post pictures and it's a good cross reference too. I'm on the cheap for this grow and strongly fighting the urge to build a grown cabinet and buy a bunch of lights. I've got too many hobbies and project to spend money on, not sure if a grow closet is in my future or not. Your ladies look good!

Back
Top Bottom