My First Closet Grow! Marshydro 300W: Bag Seeds

BryCsBudz804

Hey everybody!! I'm a little late in starting this as the babies are 10 days above ground. This will be my first grow ever so any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!! Here are some quick facts, let me know if I'm missing anything. Stay Hi peeps.

Fun Facts:

Grow space: 22" x 34" x 60" bedroom closet, unless I took the shelf out, that'd give me the full 8 feet

Grow Light: MarsHydro 300w full spectrum LED, and a few off brand full spectrum LED bulbs for supplemental lighting. (Gonna buy a 2nd LED panel with flowering setting when that time comes)

Medium: 70% Just Natural Organic Potting Mix
30% Perlite

Seeds: Bag seeds I've been saving for almost a year from some of the funkiest strongest buds I've ever had

Nutrients: FF trio for now, thinking some CalMag later on (when should I start that?) and anything else to grow dense fat buds in a tight space.

Water: Distilled water, pH'd to 6.5

So I guess I'm starting this on day 10. I germinated 12 seeds using the paper towel method, and they popped ground on the 17th. A good friend of mine said half will die and half will be males. As you can see, 9 are going strong and I obviously can't grow that many in this space. I want to up pot the 6 strongest, best looking ones and veg them out til I can sex them, then keep the strongest 2. (Any opinions??) Three look stretched to me, but they're all showing the tips of their 4th node. Super hype about this guys, let me know what you think!!

420-magazine-mobile247420474.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1278050462.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1712843513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1274198136.jpg
420-magazine-mobile669324111.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432179799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Temps: 81-72

RH: 54-41

Got their first dose of nutrients today

2L of water with:
2ml of grow big
6ml of big bloom
(1/4 dose)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Looking good man! I saw your comment over at the imtoasted journal and noticed that you're new. Welcome! Let me know if you need any advice or anything. I'm new myself but have experienced a few things in the last few months. Check out my grow if ya want. Still trying to get a sig going. Happy growing!

My first grow bagseed cfl mini box

Hi Bry, welcome to the forum :welcome:
I noticed you wanted your next LED to have the bloom switch. Your full spectrum is the same as an LED with both veg and bloom on. So really, the difference is that with the switch you have the option to use veg only (good for seedlings). It's generally accepted that both veg and bloom switches be on for the bloom cycle (full spectrum).
:thumb:

Hi Bry, welcome to the forum :welcome:
I noticed you wanted your next LED to have the bloom switch. Your full spectrum is the same as an LED with both veg and bloom on. So really, the difference is that with the switch you have the option to use veg only (good for seedlings). It's generally accepted that both veg and bloom switches be on for the bloom cycle (full spectrum).

Thanks for the heads up man!! Do you think two 300w full spectrums would pull a decent yield for the space?? I plan to up pot them to 5 gallon buckets as soon as I can sex them so they have plenty of room for root growth. Gonna try and strech the veg out as long as possible.

Thanks for the heads up man!! Do you think two 300w full spectrums would pull a decent yield for the space?? I plan to up pot them to 5 gallon buckets as soon as I can sex them so they have plenty of room for root growth. Gonna try and strech the veg out as long as possible.

I think you could at least do that. My first grow was in a 2x4x5 tent, with only a Mars II 400. During last 5-6 weeks of flower, I upgraded to a Mars Reflector 144 (5 watt diodes). That made a huge difference, and I got a decent harvest. But I knew I could do better, so for my next grow, that tent will have the Mars II 400 and my new Mars Pro II Epistar 160. And the Reflector is in my veg tent now.
I didn't use any auxiliary lighting like you do, so I am sure that will make a difference for you as well. But yes, another 300 or more wouldn't hurt. And keep in mind that draw wattage is usually just under half of diode max. I believe my Mars II 400 actually draws about 170 or so watts.

Looking good man! I saw your comment over at the imtoasted journal and noticed that you're new. Welcome! Let me know if you need any advice or anything. I'm new myself but have experienced a few things in the last few months. Check out my grow if ya want. Still trying to get a sig going. Happy growing!

Appreciate that my man!! I'm open for any advice you can give, so tag along on this journey if you'd like. I glanced over your journal real quick, sorry about the hermies.. but your LST'ing job looked dope!! I'm planning on that and FIM'ing these (hopefully) girls one or twice to get as many fat colas as I can out of the two I keep

Not sure if you will have enough room to veg out six plants in that amount of space.. it looks bigger then 2x3x5 from the picture though. If it really is 2x3x5 i would say six is too many.. four would be a tight squeeze at the end of veg.

300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

Ahhh, I hate hearing that haha those are deff the specs so I have some serious thinking to do. I didn't expect so many to pop lol I wonder if somebody would take some..

Just remember that it's a 50/50 shot big baggie seeds. My first two were male. 6 weeks for nothing. Next time around, 2 out of 5. Better to grow more and have the problem of having too many than none at all.

Yea i have three in my 2x4x5 and i keep them to one side mostly so they take up a little more then half the tent and its getting cramped on the one side. Fan leaves are overlapping like crazy.

300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

It's a closet in my spare bedroom in my townhouse so theoretically I could veg them in the room until they show sign of sex?? The climate would be harder to control as with possible light leak at night. And I'm not sure how those small lights would do in an open room

Just remember that it's a 50/50 shot big baggie seeds. My first two were male. 6 weeks for nothing. Next time around, 2 out of 5. Better to grow more and have the problem of having too many than none at all.

That's why I was hoping to veg as many as possible. Might let them go in the spare bedroom until the show signs of sex. I'm just shocked 9 of the 11 or 12 I planted popped lol

Subbed for this. Once you add a new led for flower are you gonna keep the others? Also what's the temp like in that closet?

1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Thanks for tagging along man I'll probably get rid of the bar light, maybe use it for side lighting but it's only 60w and doesn't have a cooling system so it puts off more heat than it's really worth. As for the little spot light, I'll probably keep that just for extra light and switch it to an all red LED vegging light once I flip the switch. Temps are hanging around the high 70's touching the low 80's during the day and low 70's at night.

Tragedy strikes...... my clumsy self knocked the strongest looking one out of the batch into a little pool of water I had to add humidity.....

420-magazine-mobile761577348.jpg

I quickly replanted the little one into fresh soil, made sure the roots were near the bottom and have the one broken leaf propped up in hopes it will bounce back.... I'm thinking it's a lost cause though..

Thank you for the words of encouragement my man. I know it's only been a couple of hours, but she's holding her color and the other leaves have perked back up some. I'm gonna transplant the rest either tomorrow or Thursday, but I figured I'd let this ones roots grow for a week or so into the new soil. Luckily I have plenty of back up to choose from if she doesn't make it lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I have a question? How long should I leave it under the light it's my first time growing?

420-magazine-mobile2117231231.jpg

Sent from my A466BG using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom