New Grow -.New Light - New Room

Keir Stama

Hi. My name is Splnter and I have been growing for almost a year. And believe me, I've made every mistake. I am a perpetual noob. However, over the past year I have learned some valuable things:<br />
1. I need the awesome help of a community likes this. I have been on here since the end of last year, I think, and have gotten great advice from posters like pennywise. <br />
<br />
2. You have to spend a little money on this hobby. I tried to do it on the cheap and use household led lights and a few cfls and a few t5 grow lights, see where I'm going with this. <br />
<br />
3. Don't think you know how it's going to go. Learn, learn, learn.<br />
<br />
So my latest grow has moved from a cramped cabinet, 2x2x2.5, to a spacious dedicated closet that can be converted from as small as I need to 8x4.5x8. They are loving the room. <br />
<br />
Below are the particulars:<br />
<br />
Growing medium: <br />
Just Naturals soil and perlite<br />
<br />
Supplements veg:<br />
Worm castings, organic compost, magnesium<br />
<br />
Supplements flower:<br />
Tiger bloom<br />
<br />
Light:<br />
300w led grow light with 2 support 100w cfls<br />
<br />
Water:<br />
Hard tap water Phd to 6.3. Gets plenty of cal from the water and I ad mag.<br />
<br />
Plants:<br />
? I was told they were Blue Dream seeds but I'm suspicious. My last harvest was the closest I had come to full bud harvest. I had to pull early because of nute lock. They smell like Sour Diesel to me.<br />
Now for the pics . :<br />
These first two pics are from a week ago. The little one is about two weeks behind the big one.<br />
420-magazine-mobile921354909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1213699815.jpg
<br />
<br />
These were taken a few days ago.
420-magazine-mobile1726601535.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1342878198.jpg
420-magazine-mobile431816278.jpg
420-magazine-mobile941789663.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1800149881.jpg
<br />
<br />
These were taken today:<br />
420-magazine-mobile1006171301.jpg
<br />
Lemon pie<br />
[/IMG]
420-magazine-mobile655986229.jpg
<br />
<br />
Once again I am so glad I have found 420 Magazine forum. I know with all the knowledge you have will only benefit my efforts to grow and learn. Thank you so much.<br />
<br />

Note: I pulled this from my introduction post because I kind of started the journal there. Lol

Man, I can smell that from here!

This was taken yesterday.
420-magazine-mobile1833248010.jpg

I'm having to water the big girl like every other day now so I think I'm going to put her in a bigger pot before I try to flip. Thoughts?

Subbed in :) Personally I only like to transplant once a good rootball has formed if possible, growth will explode that way once transplanted. Whatever you decide good luck, I'm subbed in for the grow :thumb:

Subbed in :) Personally I only like to transplant once a good rootball has formed if possible, growth will explode that way once transplanted. Whatever you decide good luck, I'm subbed in for the grow :thumb:
Thanks for the sub and the advice. I didn't think about that. So much I don't know. Lol

Thought I would post some pics while I'm watching a show about weed. Enjoy.

420-magazine-mobile780271965.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1859437038.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1805317730.jpg
https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile357250019.jpg[/IMG
]
Here's some closer shots.
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/mobile-gallery/420-magazine-mobile123979362.jpg
420-magazine-mobile684218100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1145889370.jpg

These were all taken tonight. Also, I would like to congratulate pennywise for winning the member of the month. Good job man.

So I just dropped a Lemon Pie seed that was gifted from a freind. That will put me at three plants. I may have to buy another light and separate my room. If I do I will have to seal each side so I can have a flower side and veg side. That will be a day off project.

Looks good so far man.. i have the same 300w led, im subbed up. Wondering if those two supplemental cfls will make any difference.
Welcome. Welcome. Me too on the lights. I thought to myself, couldn't hurt, right? Lol. There is another thread I'm following and he has the same light also. He's about a week or so ahead of my grow so it's exciting to see where mine can potentially be in a week. Thanks for subbing.

So I think today is going to be a transplant day. I needing to water every other day now. The big girl is showing preflowering so if I get her into a bigger pot today I might be able to flip her this weekend. Got to go get some supplies it sounds like.

I'm not sure if there is a 'correct' way to flip but you might want to give your plant time to settle into it's new pot before flipping so that they overcome the transplant stress before going into 12/12 mode :thumb:

I'm not sure if there is a 'correct' way to flip but you might want to give your plant time to settle into it's new pot before flipping so that they overcome the transplant stress before going into 12/12 mode :thumb:
Yeah. I was thinking at least 4 days.

Thanks for the advice. I will. I finally found a place around here that sales advanced nutes like fox farm. They are a bit over priced on there liquids but I picked up a 2 cf bag of Ocean Forrest for 16 bucks. That's a decent price. Nobody sales smart posts so I guess my 5 gal buckets will do. Would have liked to have gone 7 gal but whatever. I'll order some for the next grow. But first, I'm watching Rogue One.

So I think the repotting went well. I took some pics and showed a friend of mine. He thinks I didn't go big enough on my container. What do you guys think?

Before the repot.
420-magazine-mobile470031685.jpg

These where the essentials for the repotting.
420-magazine-mobile693551228.jpg

420-magazine-mobile23044693.jpg

So I have ffof, worm castings, root growth hormone, 6.7ph water, my beer, and smoke.

Sprinkle a little of the root hormone.
420-magazine-mobile511049248.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic. Was trying to balance her.
420-magazine-mobile509085111.jpg

And she done. .
420-magazine-mobile1772642820.jpg

Rouge One was awesome btw. May the force be with your plants.

Back
Top Bottom