10 Strawberry Kush In A 2x4 Tent

JimmyJames905

420-magazine-mobile1696842634.jpg

This is a continuation of my last journal "Strawberry Kush Mother Plant"
Out of 20 cuttings I made 16 viable clones. Gave some away and kept 8. Received 2 GDP clones from a fellow member.

Details.
3 month micro Grow from start to finish.
1 month veg. 2 months flower.
Start date: April 1
Soil: ProMix Organic Vegetable and Herb mix.
Nutrients: No nutrients until bloom.
Add 1/4 cup EWC as top feed to each pot day of 12/12 start (May 1).
KoolBloom dry ripener weeks 5,6,7. Flush weeks 8-9.
Harvest June 7.

Lights: field testing 20 cob array. 10 Vero 18 4000k with 10 Vero 18 1750k (aka "meatchip").

Day 16 Veg.
Average height is 14-16". Looking healthy. In 13 days I'll top feed with EWC and a little Dolomite and some humic acid (1ml/G) and flip the switch.
420-magazine-mobile1497132892.jpg

They go in next week for a total of 8 COBs on a 2x4. One cob per square foot is the general rule. 4 1750k and 4 4000k. Complete red spectrum coverage

I've been drilling and tapping my next four heat sinks tonight so that I can add them to my tent next weekend when I'm back. That'll take me up to 8 cobs in a 32 x 32 tent which works out to just over 7 square feet.

Do you run them at a lower wattage when using one per square foot? I think I've read that somewhere around 30 watts per cob works out to plenty of light.

Yes. But you have to run them close to the canopy. And having used those Epistar chips before you're much better running them at low currant. They tend to "pop" diodes. One will go. Then a few more. Then a row. But a bunch of them got me through my first led grow. They mostly died half way through the second Grow.

Back
Top Bottom