My First Indoor

Johnny Crack

Hi everybody. For my very first indoor grow, I made a decent grow box out of cardboard boxes lined with aluminum foil. It is 3 ft2 and I have 4 23 watt cfls in there right now and I have 2 more that I'm planning on putting in but I am having a fixture crisis right now :( I have a hole in one side with a fan and a hole in the other for outtake. As of right now I'm running 18/6 but tomorrow I'm switching to 20/4. I was only planning on putting 3 ladies in the box but surprisingly, 6 popped up. (They were all just bag seeds) I am hoping that 138 cfl watts will be enough to get an oz off each with LSt. They are small right now, 2 sets of leaves. For veg i got a 12-0-0 blood meal and a 2-3-5 liquid for rose and flower for a little phosphorus and potassium. I am using miracle grow potting soil :/ I have decided that before feeding I will move out of solo cups and flush them good, then let soil dry and move into pots and water. Will I overwater my plants like this? Should i flush after moving into pot and new soil :confused: sorry for no pictures, I will post some soon

Without pictures, Suggest that you Ditch the Aluminum Foil...It does not reflect usable light well at all..However it will reflect HEAT.
Cheap way to go is to get a few of those car windshield dash protectors.
Better choice is Mylar, or even flat white painted surfaces..AND,
Cardboard will become water logged and will be a giant PIA.

Without pictures, Suggest that you Ditch the Aluminum Foil...It does not reflect usable light well at all..However it will reflect HEAT.
Cheap way to go is to get a few of those car windshield dash protectors.
Better choice is Mylar, or even flat white painted surfaces..AND,
Cardboard will become water logged and will be a giant PIA.

I feel like we are both sitting in front of computers reading the same things at the same time... bahaha... I mean... lol

Yep...was thinking the same thing!! :)
Insomnia here, weed helps me though, with pain relief and putting me back to sleep.
I don't like using a Tablet or Phone for these forums...
PCs are easier for me!

Okay so right now there's only 92 watts in there tomorrow there will be 138. Haven't used nutes yet but i have a 12-0-0 bloodmeal and a 4-4-4 all purpose both jibes organic i will be using when i transplant these babies
420-magazine-mobile125294825.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1975372277.jpg
sorry for the horrible pictures :/ the plastic wrap is a ghetto supportbecause at first these poor babies wete under an incandescent which i believe is why it was growing so tall and skinny. What yall think? Am i too broke for this?

Jobes+too much water+compacted soil= trouble imho!
taken this am...FFO+xtra perlite= SO MUCH BETTER FOR ME AND MY GIRLS!

4-5-17.jpg

Hey JC,

You've got a nice start here. I might expect 1.5oz from a single plant with 135w cfl grow. There is just not enough light there for much more than 1 plant. Maybe two.

Run 6500K spectrum cfl's and keep em close to limit stretch during veg. The foil reflects heat. It's kind of like creating a little oven for your plants. Try some dollar store flat or matte white paint/spray paint perhaps?

Cheers and happy growing!
/Obi

Thanks obi, I might end up putting a couple outside. Im gonna try to find some cheap reflective insulation or those windshield cover thingys, Next paycheck im gonna order a 200 watt cfl from 1000bulbs.com Anybody ever get lights from there?

Yoo, so the new lights im looking at are mogul based so i believe they wont fit into regular sockets.
420-magazine-mobile321568790.jpg
is this the part i need for that problem?

Damn, didnt think i was stupid enough to let the light fall on my babies . Killed one badly damaged the other
420-magazine-mobile1189640527.jpg
can i nurse it back to health?
420-magazine-mobile909518511.jpg
and is that a deficiency i spy??

Baby number one:
420-magazine-mobile464248530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile691141413.jpg
#2:
420-magazine-mobile1519094653.jpg
now baby #3, is looking funny, the leaves are curling and look kind of yellow at the edges
420-magazine-mobile591290093.jpg
what could be wrong here??

Back
Top Bottom