LaidBackLeo87 - Soil - LED & CFL - Bagseed - First Grow

LaidBackLeo87

so i wasnt sure i wanted to do a grow journal because im already about a 4-5 weeks in from seed, but this forum has become an amazing wealth of information so i figured why not stream line any question and start a journal where you guys could see exactly whats going on and chime in on all the stuff im doing wrong lol. ill try to make sure i give you guys all the info i have but im bound to forget something, but anyway here goes!

strain: bagseed
light: marshydro 96 (LED), 2 60w CFLs and 4 23w CFLs
soil: 5 gallon pot Fox Farm Ocean Floor, 3 gallon pot Black Magic
nutrients: Fox Farm Trio
water: filtered tap PHed to 7.0 (ph down used)
indoor/outdoor: indoor in DIY grow cabinet
stage:about a week and a half into veg
room temp: avg:75-77F
room humidity: avg 40-55
pests:not that ive noticed
water schedule: about every 3-4 days

now for the pictures
Screenshot_2017-03-29-23-00-42.png

DIY Grow Cabinet, since this picture ive added another 6in 240 cfm exhaust fan for temperature control (its worked beautifully)
grow11.png
grow23.png

these pictures are when i transfered into their larger pots (i wanna say three weeks old, but i didnt record the day i planted them)
20170331_195612.jpg
20170331_195625.jpg

these are about a day after the marshydro came in the mail, originally they were just under my CFLs but they perked right up under the LED. on a side note i honestly didnt know i was gonna get so pulled into growing so originally it was just a fleeting thought and i wasnt watching dates and keeping records like i am currently so their age is a rough estimate, in this picture id say they are about 28 days old.
april_4_2_.jpg
april_4_3_.jpg

and these are my babies as of today 30 days old (roughly)

also i have only given it nutrients one time and that was about a week ago, i added some ff grow big (little less then half the suggested amount) to my water and PHed it at 7.1 (im thinking every other watering, would that be too much to soon?)

please everyone chime in if you see something strange or alarming, this forum has been amazing so far and the people have been great, theres an old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" is it weird that i look at this forum as the village and my plants as the children? anyway welcome to my first grow journal.

Re: LaidBackLeo87 - Soil - LED & CFL - Bagseed - First Grow

So i was just curious has anyone here topped a plant and had no regrowth at all? I have two plants and one split into two and has started coming back but one still has no growth after roughly a week and a half
420-magazine-mobile2134819110.jpg

This one had started back growing
420-magazine-mobile461837816.jpg

This one has not, any ideas why?

Hey man yeah you got a good thing going welcome to the mag! People will sub up give it time! There are also the silent lurkers lurking about. For me a grow journal keeps my grow organized so I don't care who comes in but once I hit flower I always get a bunch of responses. Everything is looking great. I'll be watching mayn

Maybe the second plant didn't like the topping. Give it two weeks, growth should start again. Don't grown in soil can't help with calmag. I would imagine it's not needed all the time in soil but have no clue.

Hey man yeah you got a good thing going welcome to the mag! People will sub up give it time! There are also the silent lurkers lurking about. For me a grow journal keeps my grow organized so I don't care who comes in but once I hit flower I always get a bunch of responses. Everything is looking great. I'll be watching mayn

Maybe the second plant didn't like the topping. Give it two weeks, growth should start again. Don't grown in soil can't help with calmag. I would imagine it's not needed all the time in soil but have no clue.
Yeah it seems like my impatience is rearing its ugly head lol

They look good! I have a couple roughly the same age & yours are definitely bigger so I wouldn't worry too much... I wish I could help but I haven't gotten to topping yet. As I understand, there's a "healing window" after being snipped. And even though they might be two seeds from the same bag, it might not mean a thing. As long as she doesn't die on you I think she'll bounce back... green blessings!

They look good! I have a couple roughly the same age & yours are definitely bigger so I wouldn't worry too much... I wish I could help but I haven't gotten to topping yet. As I understand, there's a "healing window" after being snipped. And even though they might be two seeds from the same bag, it might not mean a thing. As long as she doesn't die on you I think she'll bounce back... green blessings!
Are yours from fem seeds? I almost wish i would have just ordered some online for this first grow, the waiting too find out if they are female is killing me!

Mine are bagseeds too. I'll be waiting for sex parts too! A friend found a ton of seeds in her (coincidentally) berry white bag & gave them all to me. It's the "same" strain as my clone~ I think I'm not as anxious about sexing because I have a clone in the mix.

I think it's good you got your feet wet with bag seed. Ves is right you could have different phenos even if it's the same strain. You can always take a cutting and put that to 12/12. It doesn't need to be rooted but it will show sex before it dies. I've only grown fem seeds but I am now switching to regs as I want to breed to make more seeds and sometimes fems can be unstable. Have had people turn down free clones because it came from fem seeds. They are worried they're whole grow will get seeded from a fem that hermied

With this said I am making fem seeds currently with sts. Any seed I buy from now on will be reg though

Mine are bagseeds too. I'll be waiting for sex parts too! A friend found a ton of seeds in her (coincidentally) berry white bag & gave them all to me. It's the "same" strain as my clone~ I think I'm not as anxious about sexing because I have a clone in the mix.
Nice! I'll have to check out your journal, i always tell people the advice given to me was read grow journals till your eyes bleed so that's what I'm doing

@bedroomfarmer~ that's something I'm very interested in down the line... breeding~ so please please make a journal when you get there! I've been reading all these green science experiments & would love to create my own!

I think it's good you got your feet wet with bag seed. Ves is right you could have different phenos even if it's the same strain. You can always take a cutting and put that to 12/12. It doesn't need to be rooted but it will show sex before it dies. I've only grown fem seeds but I am now switching to regs as I want to breed to make more seeds and sometimes fems can be unstable. Have had people turn down free clones because it came from fem seeds. They are worried they're whole grow will get seeded from a fem that hermied

With this said I am making fem seeds currently with sts. Any seed I buy from now on will be reg though
What exactly do i have to cut off? Fan leaf or whole branch? And would i just plant it in some dirt and run 12/12? You definitely have my attention now! Pennywise told me white widow or northern lights are good starter stains so I'll order some in the next couple days, and thanks for the info on fem seeds i didn't know about that definitely something I'll have to look into, love this forum, so much info!

@bedroomfarmer~ that's something I'm very interested in down the line... breeding~ so please please make a journal when you get there! I've been reading all these green science experiments & would love to create my own!

What's going on ves. I actually have started the process to produce fem seeds in my hloc thread. I have two plants in aero buckets to be seeded and one plant in dwc getting sprayed with STS. When I get regular seeds I plan on selecting good phenos and breeding the males to the females of my choosing. The loc thread is my plants that will go into flower after I harvest the hlock. I recommend just looking at the pictures, lots of chit chat. I recently put a picture post with my fem seed production.

What exactly do i have to cut off? Fan leaf or whole branch? And would i just plant it in some dirt and run 12/12? You definitely have my attention now! Pennywise told me white widow or northern lights are good starter stains so I'll order some in the next couple days, and thanks for the info on fem seeds i didn't know about that definitely something I'll have to look into, love this forum, so much info!

Well what I would do is let the plant get a few nodes of growth and top at a lower node so that you have the start of a clone. If you have a spare branch that will work too! Place it in a cup of water and just change the water daily. Immediately put that cut to 12/12 and it should show sec before it dies. Lots of info on Google. Pw grows some great strains! I'm sure you'll be happy. Many many people grow fem seeds without issue and I think I've only had a hermie once but still I'll be sticking to regs.

What's going on ves. I actually have started the process to produce fem seeds in my hloc thread. I have two plants in aero buckets to be seeded and one plant in dwc getting sprayed with STS. When I get regular seeds I plan on selecting good phenos and breeding the males to the females of my choosing. The loc thread is my plants that will go into flower after I harvest the hlock. I recommend just looking at the pictures, lots of chit chat. I recently put a picture post with my fem seed production.

Well what I would do is let the plant get a few nodes of growth and top at a lower node so that you have the start of a clone. If you have a spare branch that will work too! Place it in a cup of water and just change the water daily. Immediately put that cut to 12/12 and it should show sec before it dies. Lots of info on Google. Pw grows some great strains! I'm sure you'll be happy. Many many people grow fem seeds without issue and I think I've only had a hermie once but still I'll be sticking to regs.
Nice I'm definitely going to look into that

Hey Leo. I am a few weeks behind but will use you as a reference. I plan on "main-lining" my plants so i hope that the topping will grow back and be more efficient for the yield. I like the grow box. As I am on my first grow, i cannot offer much insight, but your babes seem to be thriving so far. I like the little philosopher quote. Wish you a great grow and will be checking up on here. I'll send your plants my love.

Hey Leo. I am a few weeks behind but will use you as a reference. I plan on "main-lining" my plants so i hope that the topping will grow back and be more efficient for the yield. I like the grow box. As I am on my first grow, i cannot offer much insight, but your babes seem to be thriving so far. I like the little philosopher quote. Wish you a great grow and will be checking up on here. I'll send your plants my love.
Thanks a lot man i appreciate the positive vibes! But yeah that's the beauty of journals, I've found some really good ones that are really closely set up to mine ( lights, nutes, and soil) and read what worked for them or asked questions. Glad to have you along, hopefully we all learn something by the end of this!

Yeah it seems like my impatience is rearing its ugly head lol
I screwed up on two of first top attempts. We think I fimmed by mistake. Been three weeks nothing growing from.main. but everything else is taking off. Tip. Make sure you flush that soil heavy .

Give it three days or so see if it Bounces back.

Back
Top Bottom