PurpleGunRack

The American Dream

New world genetics in the old world

Crystal Cookies --- Ken's Grand Daddy Purp --- Green Crack --- Strawberry Banana --- (Mendo Kush x Cookies & Cream) x Do-si-dos

Welcome to my new grow 420 friends :Namaste:

This is gonna be a fun round growing a nice variety feminised photoperiod strains from some cool American breeders.

The Grand Daddy Purp was a last call addition, I found out it was released as feminised a few hours after I ordered the other seeds... So I contacted the shop and had them mail me when they were in stock and a few days later another seed pack was on its way:)
I'm very excited about trying this strain as it was on top of my list of regulars to grow, it'll be the only of the bunch also available as regular and therefore the only one I can use in my strain search project.

After a lot of research I found a seed shop in Europe that sells In House Genetics seeds and the Crystal Cookies was on sale so I grabbed a little christmas present for myself, and they've been waiting in the fridge since December;)
I got 3 (Mendo Kush x Cookies & Cream) x Do-si-dos freebies with the order.

Strains:

Plants:
Pot:
Strain:
Breeder:
1+2
Crystal Cookies
In House Genetics
3+4
Grand Daddy Purp
Ken's Grand Daddy Genetics
5+6
Green Crack
Humboldt Seed Organization
7+8
Strawberry Banana
Reserva Privada
(Mendo Kush x Cookies & Cream) x Do-si-dos
Unknown

DSC009964.jpg

Setup:

Tent:
Homebox Evolution Q120
120 cm x 120cm x 200cm
Light:
2x Mars Hydro Reflector 144x5
614w combined
Extraction:
S&P TD-Silent 350-125
With carbon filter and silencer
Pots:
11L Hortipot

Soil:
Biobizz Light-Mix
Mixed ~2:1 with perlite
Nutrients:
Biobizz
All indoor products except Bio-Heaven

• I'm growing 9 plants in total, all planted directly in their final 11L Hortipot.

• All the plants will be topped at 4th or 5th node.

• I'll be using tap water bubbled for 12-24 hours, and adjust the pH to ~7, using 2ml organic lemon juice per litre of water.

• I'll feed with every watering starting out giving roughly half the recommended weekly dose.

• I'm going to calculate the total cost of power, nutes, soil, and seeds.

This time I'll be making a table where I log actions, waterings, feedings etc. and it'll be in every update.
At some point I might have to change it if the plants need to be fed different doses of nutes.

Day:
L per plant/Action:
Root-Juice:Bio-Grow:
Alc-A-Mic:Acti-Vera:Bio-Bloom:Top-Max:Notes:
1Germination started
01APR2017
4Sprouted seeds planted
60,5 L2 ml/L2 ml/L½ ml/L

DSC0100910.JPG

:passitleft:

Day 7

Day:
L per plant/Action:
Germination started
01APR2017
4Sprouted seeds planted
0,5 L
2 ml/L2 ml/L½ ml/L
All plants above soil

:420:

Day:
L per plant/Action:
1Germination started
01APR2017
4Sprouted seeds planted
60,5 L
2 ml/L
2 ml/L½ ml/L
All plants above soil
1 L
2 ml/L
1 ml/L
½ ml/L

Wow I can see the start... I do hate jumping in amid stride... Least now I know whats happening... GL and Keepem Green

Wow, I had to look back,,, and you learn something new every day... GDP in fem seed.... I tried 4 times with the regular seed, and all came up males before... I'm going to get some next time I can.. Keepem Green

Most professional looking journal on this website, hands down! Definitely an example to look up to!

As always I'll be your n°1 follower!

Thanks mate :passitleft:

Wow I can see the start... I do hate jumping in amid stride... Least now I know whats happening... GL and Keepem Green

Welcome to the show:Namaste:

Wow, I had to look back,,, and you learn something new every day... GDP in fem seed.... I tried 4 times with the regular seed, and all came up males before... I'm going to get some next time I can.. Keepem Green

Yeah it was just released recently, I'll PM a link for you ;)

Day 14

The wee ones are growing nicely, and I'll begin giving them some Bio-Grow soon and increase the volume of water gradually until I hit the magic 20% of pot size mark ~2,25L.
I got some labels so I don't have to check the list with pot numbers all the time;)

DSC010227.JPG

Day:
L per plant/Action:
1Germination started
01APR2017
4Sprouted seeds planted
60,5 L2 ml/L2 ml/L½ ml/L
7All plants above soil
71 L2 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L
110,5 L2 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L

Labels are worth their weight in gold... A nice little extra in one of them dry erase boards. I got one in my flower room, I did a grid with permanent marker and fill in the spots with the dry erase with info like name, start dates, height at start, whatever info you find relevant to your grow.. Thanks for the info.. I want to grow one,, maybe next order.. Well have to be the next after the next,, I have outdoors to get going. I'm looking into some of these 'Fast' versons.. They claim they will finish before the end of Sept outdoors.. To me,, that's a God Send. It wood sure be nice to have to make a decidion on my own on when to harvest outdoors.. Instead of mother nature showing you mold,, and TELLING YOU when your GOING to harvest.... Alot of breeders are offering Fast Versons now. Nice start up you got going..

GL and Keepem Green

A lot of the outdoor strains bred for my climate, have been crossed with autos or semi-autos to make them finish faster.
Most of them are underground strains and more or less free in grower circles, but you can check out Hybrids From Hell and Cannaseeds to see some of the Danish outdoor gold;)
Have you thought about growing autos outdoors? If you put them out in teams every fortnight from April/May to July , one team is almost sure to hit the heavy part of flowering when the weather is good:)
I did a guerilla grow last summer with autos and did get some mold, but except for the first 3 weeks they were grown in perpetual rain:)
Nordic Guerilla - 55° North Outdoor Auto Grow

Looking good! Great growing method as always!

I remember that I discovered your guerilla grow a bit late but it was nice to read the whole thing!

I looked at your auto grow.. Where are you about? I'm in a little pocket of miosture called Portland.. We're at 42 degrees but coastal and having that big river and ports here,,, we get alot of molds.. You did them autos and talked about the cross with autos.. They have alot of them out now,, They crossed a auto in and the plants kept their photo properties,, but can finish early/mid Sept,, plants called
Fast' Versons. I'm going to try them and these ones called super autos by Flash Seeds.. You should look into them,, they have up to a 110 day flowering cycle... I have three super auto seeds, number one, chaze, and muay thai,, and some Fast C-99XBB, plus various freebie autos I've aquired. I had a infestation of hemp mites last year so my muay thai I grew,, wasn't 100%. She was way over 10' and yielded just under a pound and a half.. This year I plan on better... I'm really looking into them fast version strains.. Thanks and GL
,,,,,,,Happy Easter my Friend,,,, Keepem Green

I looked at your auto grow.. Where are you about? I'm in a little pocket of miosture called Portland.. We're at 42 degrees but coastal and having that big river and ports here,,, we get alot of molds.. You did them autos and talked about the cross with autos.. They have alot of them out now,, They crossed a auto in and the plants kept their photo properties,, but can finish early/mid Sept,, plants called
Fast' Versons. I'm going to try them and these ones called super autos by Flash Seeds.. You should look into them,, they have up to a 110 day flowering cycle... I have three super auto seeds, number one, chaze, and muay thai,, and some Fast C-99XBB, plus various freebie autos I've aquired. I had a infestation of hemp mites last year so my muay thai I grew,, wasn't 100%. She was way over 10' and yielded just under a pound and a half.. This year I plan on better... I'm really looking into them fast version strains.. Thanks and GL
,,,,,,,Happy Easter my Friend,,,, Keepem Green

I'm in Denmark, so temperate coastal climate and very high humidity ;) I'm taking a break from outdoor growing this season and focusing my effort and funds on indoor growing. it's a bit sad but nice not to have to do any runs to the guerilla garden which is teeming with mosquitos and ticks :)

Those super autos look nice, maybe I'll get some of those for outdoors next year.

I hope you get a good summer with lots of green ;)

Day 19

The plants are doing fine, except GDP #2, it looks like it made the main shoot a dead end, luckily the first set of side shoots are there. If the top don't come around I will cut it off when the plant is big enough and no longer needs the photosynthesis the top leaves make.
So it might turn out to be ''topped'' above first node, the I might top again to make 4 tops but we'll see how it goes ;)

I just gave them their second shot of Bio-Grow today and increased to 1,5L.

DSC010555.JPG

GDP #2

DSC0105410.JPG

Day:
L per plant/Action:
1Germination started
01APR2017
4Sprouted seeds planted
60,5 L2 ml/L2 ml/L½ ml/L
7All plants above soil
71 L2 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L
110,5 L2 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L
151 L2 ml/L1 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L
191,5 L2 ml/L1 ml/L1 ml/L½ ml/L

I've had that happen to afew plants,, I call it dead head,,, but like you said, least you'll have secondary branches... Kind of a real early topping... Keepem Green

Just wanted to stop by and talk,, I'm just about to finish a strain that lead me here on your thread,,,, Candy;

c257.jpg

isn't the best pic of course and I'm sure going to showcase her later... But she's a nice taller more Sativaish than I usually grow... But maginable and din't run away with a 8' ceiling. I could've kept her in a tent tooo....Looks like she's going to yield close to 1/2 lb... I'm hoping,,,,
GL and Keepem Green

Looks good, it's a nice smoke but the hermie tendencies I saw made me not want to grow it again, hope yours stay female;)
The smoke is kinda like white widow in taste and effect maybe a bit more indica, really nice :)

Day 29

Topping

I topped the plants today just after the gas lantern hour was over so I could give them a good foliar spraying with Alc-A-Mic.
They were topped around 5th node, some may have been 4th or 6th node.
I also removed the first set of side shoots on all plants since those never really keep up.

GDP #2 is coming along nicely and I removed the first set of side shoots on the 2 emergency mains;)

When would you top these to make 4 mains ???

They will be vegged 2-3 weeks more I guess...

Before

DSC010726.JPG

After

DSC010768.JPG

GDP #2

DSC010737.JPG
DSC010746.JPG
DSC0107510.JPG

Day:
L per plant/Action: