Black & Blue Hyenas In Coco: A Journal By 425Jesse

425jesse

Hello All, and welcome to my newest grow!

This time around we will be growing some Black and Blue Hyenas! These are specimen created and lovingly donated by Hyena Merica, an amazing member here on 420. Honestly Folks, check out his Journals, very well put together, lots of info, amazing photos, and he has a way with words that make all of his stories into adventures!

The strains...Black Hyena is a cross of White Widow and Blue Dream - WW is one of my longtime favs, and who doesnt like Blue Dream?:) Blue Hyena is a cross of Blue Dream and Amnesia Haze, Very Exciting!

Details

Vegetation Tent
Lights - Mars Hydro 300 and Mars Hydro Reflector 96 and a few cfls
Medium - Coco with rockwook starter cubes
Pots - Air Pots for now, will move to 5 Gal plastic pots for final growing spot
Nutes - Full Canna Coco line including Coco A&B, rhizotonic, cannazyme, boost, PK (also misc calmag)
Temps - For now 67 - 85 is the swing, but it will change as the seasons change
RH - about 50% give or take on any given day
Heat - Small oil radiator heater when needed

Bloom Tent
Lights - 2 Chinese 1000W LED (wal output measures 200w each) and 150w HPS
Filter and fan - no filter, just a snail fan blasting from flower tent into veg tent, to keep the heating bills down.
Heat - Small electric heater when needed

Pictures and Journal to come now that all the details are here!

:Namaste:

re: Black & Blue Hyenas In Coco - A Journal By 425Jesse

I put the beans in water, then paper towels, and in less than 36 hours, all were split and shooting out roots.

420-magazine-mobile993210860.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1672628367.jpg

All were moved into little rock wool cubes, and surrounded in coco and put in air pots.

420-magazine-mobile1367966166.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1332265737.jpg

In no time at all we had our little heads popping out to say hello to the world!

420-magazine-mobile151651672.jpg

We will call this day 2 at this point. Below is closer to day 5

420-magazine-mobile1926414350.jpg

This is day 7...

420-magazine-mobile1193641463.jpg

Day 9 solo beauty shots:)
420-magazine-mobile399764564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile724182573.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1542059400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1235489848.jpg

And finally here we are current, at 12 days in to Veg, these Hyena pups are going to be amazing!!
420-magazine-mobile977642028.jpg
420-magazine-mobile255562446.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1493155599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1677282887.jpg

I will try to post photos and grow updates every couple days, my flower tent is just over a week post flip now, so will have quite a. It happening there with the SSH I'm working on! I hope this journal finds you all happy healthy and well!!

Cheers!

re: Black & Blue Hyenas In Coco - A Journal By 425Jesse

I hope it will be the "get to work and enjoy it" type high. I'll
Harvest when the trichromes say it's time for that type of effect, I think. These are a new strain that I and a few others here are growing to start to figure it out! Thank you for checking out my new journal Crashdog, and pretty pup!

Was just looking for some new journals to follow. My subscription list was getting low! I also grow with coco and am from the great NorthWest of the country. Also use MarsHydro reflector lights so this will be a fun one for me to follow. Great looking start so far!

Good Morning! Did a bunch of work in the SSH flower tent, so not much to say here, but one exciting thing...we are ready to top! Got 4 strong nodes so likely tonight or tomorrow morning we will give them their first cut! Here is a side view of where we are at...
420-magazine-mobile1720096900.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1720096900.jpg

She (they) will be a little shorter tomorrow!

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers.

So far, as a parent, I could not be prouder... :thumb:

Great job Jesse!

One thing I have noted is the amazing vigor of these blends. You are dialing it right in my friend.

Exciting!

Peace, Hyena

Changed the lights to a 400w MH this morning for my veg tent, checking tent temp today to verify if I need to remove more heat. Once I balance the heat, I'll add some LED back in. This is the tent with my ssh clones (in back) the Hyenas (middle) and the manifold is the big one, odd angle but it works !
420-magazine-mobile192799113.jpg

Cheers!

Tops a few days ago, up potted to their final pots this morning. These things will be doing some serious growing in the next couple weeks!
420-magazine-mobile1571083937.jpg

Got the temps pretty well balanced, so I upped the MH to the 600w setting, temp testing today. Have a great day all!

Cheers!

I am amazed by the strength and speed of these plants every day. This morning when I went into the tent it was clear that it's time to start training the body of the plant. So, instead of 10 minutes for a check on the tents it was an hour of twine time! Good opportunity to take the lower branches and get them aimed far and away from the higher ones in order to create lots of room to ventilate, grow and thrive!

420-magazine-mobile889801847.jpg

Lazy Sunday!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom