Sammysnake's Grow V2.0

sammysnake

Had trouble attracting very many followers the first time, hopefully some more peeps drop by.. :)

Hello everyone! Made it through my first grow just barely, but managed to pull out a good 500g from 3 NL autos. Hope to take what I've learned from my first grow and apply it to v2.

Here are some details about my setup:
Strain: CropKing White Cookiesx2 Durban Poisonx2
Method: Top drip, drain to common reservoir
Lights: 300W LED + 400W MH
Ventilation: Carbon filter in + out
Avg temp: 20-24C
Nutrients: General Hydroponics
Bucket Size: 5gal
Reservoir: Large 20gal tote
Target pH: 5.5 - 6.5

Improvements:
  • Was using a convoluted bucket funnel drain setup in v1, simplified to drain at the side/bottom of bucket
  • The most annoying problem in v1 (besides my nutrient deficiencies issues) was leaky hydroponics pipes, I have now upgraded the tubing to a more rubbery like hose with anti-kinking re-enforced walls
  • Active cooling with Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler, hopefully it can lower the average reserviour temperature a few degrees
  • Using a series of root nets to help develop a more diverse root network, in v1 roots were only on the bottom of the bucket (pictures of v2 to follow)

Pull up a chair and stay a while! :morenutes:

Here for the adventure, never even seen your first grow.

Welcome back for your second.

Welcome XobeMan! Thank you!

Some pictures of revised bucket / tube setup:
IMG_75438.JPG
IMG_75468.JPG
IMG_75486.JPG
IMG_75529.JPG

This yellow tubing is amazing stuff compared to the hard plastic variety. Has a lot better bend radius before it kinks up and seals a lot better on connectors.

Geek update!

New RO system!
IMG_77787.JPG

New 3D Printer :D
IMG_77655.JPG

New pH Probe for Raspberry Pi.
IMG_77735.JPG

Having the pH probe hook up to the Raspberry Pi via USB so I can do some data logging 24/7. Also building a web interface that I can view pH, temperature and other sensors (as I acquire them) and be able to graph historical data :)

The Raspberry Pi acting as data logger for the pH probe will also act as a print server for my 3d printer. See 3D printed Pi holder!
IMG_77808.JPG
IMG_77797.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom