MrMJ Very First Grow Nirvana Master Kush, Soil

MrMaryJane

Hello all 420 MrMaryJane here this will be my very first grow. I have never grown anything in my life. I have been reading around this site for the past about 6months reading a lot of journals and help tips. The knowledge on this site is amazing. I wasn't going to do a journal I suppose in fear of not doing anything right lol. I have been very passionate about marijuana for many years and have wanted to grow but never got around to it. I finally said f it and started ordering stuff. I ordered 5 master kush fem from Nirvana. I germinated 2 in the paper towel method and had a tap root within 48hours. They were done about 2 days apart. I am doing this on a "as I go along" budget. I have a 4x2x5 tent. I have the 2 seedlings in solo cups right now that I cut some holes in the bottom and there under 2x 100w (23w actual) CFL. I am using FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil. I will be using FoxFarm Nutes at least the trio hoping to get open sesame, beastie bloomz, etc. also. I am starting a journal because things are not going well in the tent:helpsmilie:.I am pretty sure like 98% positive I have already killed one of my girls. There was a stem but just never proped up. The one that has successful actually grown is at a stand still. I'm hoping I can figure out how to upload pictures as this is my first post on here. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and I'm stoked to be apart of the 420 community!

Why would leaves be curling up like this? I'm sure I was victim of my own noobness as I was probably over watering but would that cause these leaves?

Your using ocean forest good choice but it's hot man 1500 ppm it's burning your seedling up they don't need all that nute that young I do 2 cups happy frog to 1 cup ocean forest and no probs check my blog

Flush the shit out of it and go ahead and flush soil on the side for upsizing ocean forest is for more mature plant that can process what's is the soil and not lock it up. When flushing use 3x amount of pot so 5g pot needs 15g water for proper flush and can be done with tap water if needed because absorption is low because the flow rate.

They are only in solo cups right now, so give 3 solo cups of water? Also temps are anywhere from 70-80 I am working on ventilation I keep the tent open most of the time to try and cool it RH has been about 40-50% I am hoping to get pH pen this weekend. I have been using tap water for now with a drop of superthrive. Is that too much in combination with the "hot" soil? I am going to try to flush now. Thanks!

Also just for a time reference this little lady broke ground on 4/15 and her cotyledon (spelling? Sorry lol) showed on 4/16. The above pictures are from today 4/21. As you can see there hasn't really been any growth. The leaves have gotten a little bigger but nothing else. Would this halted growth be from the soul being too hot? I just flushed as recommended above and am on my way to work so I will check tonight when I get out and update with pictures.

So just getting home from work and checked on the little lady. New Growth! Very minimal better it is there. Coytelons still are curled up but maybe that is normal? Anyway, should I do another flush tomorrow or wait a day or two?

So nothing new. Threw another seed in paper towel and bought some happy frog soil. After reading several journals and a look around local hydro store, I noticed they also carry Roots Organic, BioBizz, as well as Promix. Any suggestions on a better medium or is just based on preference? I am ordering a cheap pH tester today as the ones at the store were $50+ and I seen some on amazon for less than 20. I am also between Fox Farm Nutes and Advanced Nutrients? I'm thinking I still have about 2 weeks at least before I am introducing any Nutes anyways so I have sometime to think about it. Any input would be appreciated!

Looking better after the flush, as far as the nutrients i have seen good results with both I am currently using the ff trio and like it really well. How far is your light from her, and also be sure to let your soil dry out good in between watering over watering is very easy to do, good luck think I will grab a seat for this one

Welcome tom smith! I was originally going to do fox farm but I don't want to order Nutes and they are over priced at my local hydro store (it would be about $75 for the trio in quarts) where AN is only about $36 for their trio. Will also be supplementing with cal mag and other bud enhancers later on (beastie bloomz, bud candy, etc.). As far as update she is looking much better! There isn't much of a difference from the above picture but maybe it's just because I look at her everyday all day lol. She just generally looks a lot better.

Welcome tom smith! I was originally going to do fox farm but I don't want to order Nutes and they are over priced at my local hydro store (it would be about $75 for the trio in quarts) where AN is only about $36 for their trio. Will also be supplementing with cal mag and other bud enhancers later on (beastie bloomz, bud candy, etc.). As far as update she is looking much better! There isn't much of a difference from the above picture but maybe it's just because I look at her everyday all day lol. She just generally looks a lot better.

Plants looks good right followed my advise?

One thing I recommend is learning the structures and systems in the cannabis plant to see how you can help these systems and learn to read your plants and give them what they need before they ask.

Your off to an excellent start wait a few weeks and make a good mixture of 2 scoops happy frog and 1 scoop ocean forest and use that when you upsize and you will really see them take off. Then the next upsize use all opposite 2 parts o.f. And 1 part happy frog because your babes will be plenty mature to start really using added nutrients add 1 part pearlite or even 2 to the mixture to make your soil go farther.

Yes alantesla33 I flushed right after reading your post and haven't watered since (as much as I want to lol) I think I will tomorrow? I bought a bag of Happy Frog and also a bag of perlite and will be mixing into 1gallon plastics for transplant eventually leading to 3gal smart pots. Thank you Veey much for your help thus far! This is exciting:thanks:

The top soil might look dry squeeze the pots to make like a fault line or gap in the soil this will allow air in and a place for you to stick your finger to check down into the soil you do not want your lower soil to completely dry out the microbial life that helps feed roots needs some moisture. Remember how heavy she was after the flush and drained the excess water some when she is about 30-40% lighter in theory not to exact scale you should water / feed.

Just quick update she seemed pretty day as it's been about 2 days since the flush so I watered today. I am using bottled water until I get my pH tester and am able to see how my tap is. Hoping for some type of growth so I can update pictures. She has been on a 24/0 light schedule but I am switching to 18/6 today so maybe that will help as well. She is under 2x 100w (23w) CFL and their about 6" away.

Here ya go AT33! The second set of leaves have gotten bigger but I still feel growth is pretty slow compared to journals I have read. Is there anything that could be wrong or could just be normal? Not sure if you can see it well in the picture but the first set of leaves, the edges are curling or "clawing" up. Any advice?
IMG_195734.JPG

Also the seed I put in the paper towel a few days ago has shown her tap root! All 3 seeds I have put in a paper towel have germinated so far! Gave one today a friend as well so I only have one left. Hopefully I can keep this one alive lol. I am looking to order some glueberry or some gorilla strain. Any suggestions? Suggestions on seed banks too. I was looking at GYO but I don't want "herbs" on my card statement. They sent me an email saying I could send the money in the address was in California (I'm in the states on the east coast) so this made me feel a little better if I were to go in that direction I just don't know how comfortable I would be sending cash. Anyone done this before?

You shocked it it's will grow slower now she looks like she is starting to breathe again if you can try to use spring water it RO and comes from natural sources

Back
Top Bottom