1st Grow Ever: 3x Liberty Haze, LED & Coco

Chipay

Hi guys! Me and my girlfriend are doing our first grow ever in our house. We would love to share our progress with you!!!
Tips, praise, corrections and whatever, welcomed. This post is just to introduce ourselves and our setup. We'll be posting more info and better pictures later.

Setup: Coco coir, 60x60x180 grow tent, LED 300 (Roleadro full spectrum) , extraction fan, 2 small fans (6'') .

Currently in small pots. Will be transplanted soon to 5 gallon pots (Gardenmate) .

Our babies are now 15 days old.

We started giving nutes last week: Flora series and CalMag. Very little, as we learned from our research.

We will do some plant training but not sure which one yet. We want to do sea of green maybe? Still investigating, we want them to flower quick so maybe not spend much in veg state. We will have 3 5gal pots which will take all the space, it will be challenging.

Stay tuned for our progress, and wish us good luck in this journey. So far they look great

re: 1st Grow Ever - 3x Liberty Haze - LED & Coco

Well good luck in your future grow adventure, your sure in the right place for amazing help, the people here are fantastic!;) I'll definitely pull up a seat for this one since I'm just getting back into the game and could use a little refresher course:) Might even be able to help out the odd time or two!

Thanks for checking this journal guys, I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for the help. With your advice we can call you uncles/aunties of our babies (we will name them soon =D)
They were planted on the 8th of April of 2017.
Here is the first set of pictures. Since their birth until now, day 16! :Namaste:

Day 3 First contact

Day 6 First day at school

Day 14 almost teenagers

And today! Day 16 (I'll water them after upload, no nutes as their last water was with nutes)

I'll try to get more light in their room and do better pictures. They smell super fresh! I think they look pretty healthy.
Do you think the light is too close?
I'll get the 5gal pot on in 2 days. I'll transplant them then as I think they need more space soon.

:welcome:

Temperature usually goes from 15 C up to 30 C. Depending on the temperature outside. They are in an attic with not much isolation.
The tent is quite dry (as you can see in one of the pictures, the reader shows 30%). I hang some cloth in the tent and soak them, I got humidity up to 60% with that technique! Requires doing that twice a day and keeps it under control (I didn't do it this morning, that's why it went down to 30%).
OK, going to water our babies! (controlling the PH, making sure it's around 5.5 to 6.5). As I said before, no nutes for them today.
What I'm not sure is: I know we are supposed to give plain water every other time. But should we always give it CalMag?
:Namaste:

Love it guys, shootn some reps your way forsure for such enthusiasm ;) As for the cal mag I personally use it every other watering but my line is totally different. Maybe look for a AN (flora s advanced nutrients right?) feed schedule, I know my guys have one for each line they have.... mind you there are quite big discrepancies from the online feed schedule chart and what's in the bottle I literally just found the other day. I m really finding serious results from using the "less" of the two and that s kinda the broad message online I find. Maybe we can get a local expert to ring in some Quality advice for both of us hahaha!
Awesome job so far, I'm stoked to see where y'all are gonna take this;):)

Day 18. Later today I have the new 5 gallon plus arriving to work. We plan on doing the transplant tonight.
We Watered them 2 days ago. Yesterday night the Coco was moist at the top. After tonight transplant we will water them with nutes. I'll share the schedule and nutes we are using in the next post. I guess we will need a lot of water to saturate the coco! It's 3x 5 gal pots. Hopefully one gal will do? If not I'll prepare a second one. We will post before and after pics. Big day ahead. May Gaia guide our hands.

Woo hoo, your baby s Moven On Up to the big leagues, congrats! Rule of thumb is to shoot for around 10-20 percent runoff when feeding and watering. I personally use those cloth type 5gal geo pots and use roughly 2 1/2-3 gal for watering.... sometimes I ll cheat for with the feed and just run with 2 gal so I don't waste nutrients, lol yea I m cheap, but just make sure you have no dry spots in your medium is kinda what matters most. Can't wait to see her in her new digs;)

Hey man I'll sub up for your coco grow. I'm not sure if you already transplanted but most coco growers stick to 2-3gal pots. 5 gal use a lot of water/ nutrients and takes a while longer to get root bound. We want close to bound plants before we flip to flower as that allows us to treat coco like hydro, multiple waterings a day. If you have already transplanted don't worry not a problem.

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Don't forget to keep your ph between 5.5-6.0. Most keep it at 5.8

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Ledrf and cult have different grow styles but both have great info to share.

For seedlings I water every day with a light nute solution but not to runoff. Just a very light splash until they start drying out more and more.

Subbed up!

If you're new to Growing it's best for you not to try a sea of green go with an easier Training Method like low stress training supercropping high stress training tie down

What are you using for light?

And don't use wet clothes because you have to worry about molding use a bowl of water

Hey man I'll sub up for your coco grow. I'm not sure if you already transplanted but most coco growers stick to 2-3gal pots. 5 gal use a lot of water/ nutrients and takes a while longer to get root bound. We want close to bound plants before we flip to flower as that allows us to treat coco like hydro, multiple waterings a day. If you have already transplanted don't worry not a problem.

2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf

cultivator

For seedlings I water every day with a light nute solution but not to runoff. Just a very light splash until they start drying out more and more.

Subbed up!

That is some awesome info on coco. Thanx.

I'm in the last few week of lib haze very tall plants also I think they may need longer than the 60-70 day flower time given by Barneys farm it's been very simple to grow no problems but I do wish I did a scrog these ladies stretch

Im Going to pull up a chair if you don't mind, interested in coco growing myself. I am on my first indoor grow right now on day 16, I'm growing autos in soil for my first grow but im going to try coco next time, at least a couple. Best of luck to you, happy growing

All I run is Coco what I like about Coco is it contains no nutrients so you know exactly what your plant is getting cuz it's only getting what you're giving it bugs are less likely to want to live in it contains more oxygen room soil it's easier to keep good pH very hard to over water

Ledrf

cultivator

Subbed up!

Wooooooooo!!!Thanks! I just came back and saw all the messages. I'm going through them. Transplant is on hold until I process all the info. I've actually just ordered 3x 3 gallon pots from amazon prime! I will return the 5 gallon ones! The new pots arrive tomorrow, I guess my babies can wait one more day. I'll post pictures of today after I read all messages. Thanks! Keep them coming, I'm checking the videos. :Namaste:

But one question. I'm checking the thread where those videos come from....and the guy said in the first post that he uses 5 gallon. Now I'm confused. What should I do? I have to say that we think 5 gallons looks like a loooot. It will take a lot of space and water. For me 3 gallons sounds better. What should we do?

I'm in the last few week of lib haze very tall plants also I think they may need longer than the 60-70 day flower time given by Barneys farm it's been very simple to grow no problems but I do wish I did a scrog these ladies stretch

Thanks, I'll take that into account! Yes, I've read somewhere else that it takes longer that what Barneys' site states. Mmmmm. Anyway, I'll have to read more on how to check when they are ready. One problem at a time! Anyway I know you guys will help me decide when it is time to put our babies to sleep and reincarnate them into consumable substance.

Really? One of the reasons I got this strain was that it is supposed not to be very tall =/. Anyway our tent is 170cms. I read this can be 110cms (In Barneys' site). But I thought it is probably too conservative. We have more space if they want to stretch. We'll see what kind of training we do. Taking advice!

If you're new to Growing it's best for you not to try a sea of green go with an easier Training Method like low stress training supercropping high stress training tie down

What are you using for light?

And don't use wet clothes because you have to worry about molding use a bowl of water

We have a LED 300Watt Roladro (it's in the first post). I'll show my light in the next set of pictures. Moldddddd we hate it! I'm burning those wet cloth right now! We just took them out. Replaced with a mini bucket of water. I think we tried putting a bucket but it didn't move the humidity. Maybe it was not tested properly. Let's see what happens now. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom