First Ever Grow: Afghan & Brain's Choice

theheather1

Greetings all, this is my first ever grow. In fact, I haven't smoked a puff in more than 20 years. But, wine can be too fattening and I don't want to be on anti anxiety meds forver so here goes .

The seeds have been in the soil for two days and here is how I plan the growing set up:

GYO's Afghan and Brain's Choice

These were the free seeds I'd gotten with my order. I figured that if I messed them up then it wouldn't be too big a deal. The other strains I got was Cinderella 99 and Atomic Bomb. There are WAY too many options available and I ended up just sucking it up and picking something I could reasonably afford.

Plain old dirt (organic)
In my bedroom in an Oshion 32"x 32"x 63" Grow Tent
A VIVOSUN 6 inch Inline Duct Booster Fan 240 CFM that vents out my window
I have ordered the Fox Farm nutrient trio pack for plant feedings
The light is a Elflight 1000W full-spectrum LED

I'm happy to listen to advice, and have been taking in the tips, tricks, and "don't do this" moments in the forums.

Set up the tent in my room and put the sprouts in their pots of soil. I'm hoping that being in a nice warm and humid tent with reliable light will get them growing faster than the iffy light and heat they've been getting on the porch. Only three of the seeds germinated and since they're not feminized I'm going to have to watch for gender when they get bigger.

I really need to figure out the right way to attach the exhaust fan to the tent yet not let any light in. It was way too humid in there after a few hours, even with the fan blowing.

wide_view_tent_30_Apr.png
bitty_baby_plants_30_Apr.png
Tent_30_Apr.png

Only natural to "over love" a plant mostly if its your first ever grow.
I'm here to help, theheather1, I will be subscribing.
Your tent seems well-equipped and your plants look like they're coming along. Do you have a schedule for watering and application of nutrients and fertilizers?
I'd very much like to know the composition of your "organic" soil medium.
I've had experience with Spliff's Afghan and they almost always turn out female, while what I've read around about KC brains is that they're a true 50/50 chance of getting either male or female, even saw someone reviewing a pack of seeds of their's claiming they got 9 males out of 10 seeds and one female. Since you're in it for meds, like me, having a male plant won't be as important just yet.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom