Kitty Goes Perpetual! 1 A Haze, 2 JackH, Clones, CFL & Mars300 Veg & Mars2 1200 Flower

CannaKitty

Hello and Welcome!

:welcome:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my garden, even if only virtually. If I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet, my name is Kitty >^..^< and I have become addicted to growing marijuana. To be fair... I was always an addict... a junkie... but now with 4 years clean in July. My first grow is in flower and I have acquired enough equipment to go perpetual in the most basic way... and so I am.

So... my first grow was from gifted seeds a friend trying his hand at breeding gave me. They were unstable, reg, and I have learned the very basics of growing with them. They are of strong stock as my friend is an outdoor grower BUT I had a lot of trouble getting started. I believe I quote my first journal in that it was, 'a germination shit show'. I learned just recently I was the only person who actually brought the strain to flower out of the 50 or so people he gifted these seeds to... including himself. They must have been stored improperly or maybe he kept them too long... but I am a persistent bitch and tried everything google threw at me to get them to open. It was Hydrogen Peroxide that made them open sesame for me in the end. Thankfully for what lacked it quality, was compensated by quantity and I still have over 50 seeds of a strain I am leaning towards calling, "Under The Tuscan Sun". (Still working on that name though... haven't harvested yet... I think I need to try it before I name it) 10 germinated... 8 made it through veg (picked off the stragglers) and 5 were female. I think I was pretty lucky to get 5 fems with the hiccups I had along the way. As a first time grower it hurt my heart to uproot and trash my males.

When I wrote my friend to tell him about my grow and thank him for the seeds, he wrote back thanking me profusely for the suggestion of hydrogen peroxide. He was using the same seeds for his summer outdoor crop and thought they were in no way salvageable... he said the H202 worked for him as well... and he now didn't have to purchase new stock. So, this guy was responsible for lighting the spark that started all this. He offered me the seeds and I turned them down initially... saying I could never grow in my apartment and that I never had a green thumb. He really pushed me to look into it and give it a try and here we are 4 months later and this is the healthiest addiction I have ever had... I truly am addicted. I have to check on my plants at least once every 6-12 hours or I go into withdrawal. (As a recovering junkie I am allowed to make jokes like that). Anyway... I have him to thank for... all of this... so I am glad I could pay him back in some way. H202 is the shiznit in the garden. Its the only non organic substance I have used in my grow.

Okay back on point.....With the death of three males, I decided to start new life. So, here we are on grow number two which is a mish mosh, potluck of seeds I have acquired and (fingers crossed) a few clones from my most lovely gals. In desperation, when my gifted seeds were fucking with my confidence, I ordered a RQS Fem White Widow and with it came a RQS Fem Amnesia Haze. BUT, my dirt seeds ended up germinating before the RQS beans arrived so I decided to save the clean genes for my second time 'round... when I had a better understanding of what I was doing. I also got 2 REG Jack Herer seeds from an Italian seed source I stumbled across. The white widow dudded out on me :( So now I am left with two healthy reg Jack seedlings and just the one Amnesia Haze seedling.

Lemme just fill out the deets and I'll elaborate if necessary later.

What strain is it? 1x RQS Amnesia Haze Fem 2x Jack Herer Reg 8x Clones.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? AH is 70sat/30ind (I think) and who knows what Pheno I will get from these Local Jacks... I have read that the phenos are quite different... one being significantly more sativa dom than the others. JH is also not a strain best grown indoors... I know. But I REALLY wanna try. These two seeds were a gift. I am no breeder but I would be happy to have one male and one female to get some of that Jack pollen as Jack crossed with anything sounds good to me :)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All seeds and have broken ground. After discovering the endless uses of Hydrogen peroxide in the garden, I continue to use a weak H202 solution for germination and watering in the seedling stage as it is a great root booster and a whole lot cheaper than any of the many root boosting products from the many nutrient lines. My germination process starts with a 24 hour soak in a glass of water with a capful of H202. I then use rubber gloves and sanitized tweezers to transfer the seeds to a paper towel folded over on itself on a ceramic plate (conducts heat evenly). I moisten the paper towel with a fresh batch of H202 solution. I put another ceramic plate on top and set this on my wifi router for 24 hours until the tap roots emerge. I plant cracked seeds, tap root pointing down straight into allmix/perlite in 10cm squares. I then use the bottom of a bottle as a dome under cfls (dome on only 48 hours TOPS) until they sprout. Once they are above ground, the coddling stops and then they get a fan and start their journey under 24 hour lighting for 2 weeks. My last veg I used 20/4 lighting but I may try 18/6 this round since I am dealing with a lot of different strains and want to keep them all comfortable. 20/4 under the cfl/led combo created very very bushy plants. Almost TOO bushy. Now that I am in flower, I can see how much the plants grow during their dark cycle. I don't know if 2 extra hours of darkness will change much... but I am surely going to experiment and see which light schedule I find works best for me.

Now the clones were cut two days ago. They are in coco pellets in a dome and I have not touched them yet... they look to be doing okay but I was told not to touch them for 4 days. I saturated the coco pellets with water with again a small amount of H202. Not only does this prevent mold in that hot and humid little dome but it really promotes root growth. The cuts were from the bottom branches of my most impressive gals. I do have more seeds of the same strain but with seeds comes the possibility of males AND there is a second phenotype that I am not a big fan of. I have 3 of the amazing pheno and 2 of the shrubby short pheno (one of them being a polyploid)... the polyploid will deliver weight because of its mutation but the other one is just... not a great plant. The cuts came from plants that had been switched to 12/12 2 weeks prior but these bottom branches weren't getting enough light to bud yet. I have heard 'teen moms' can be reverted back to veg without to much trouble but we shall see. These branches would have been cut next weekend anyway when I do my last 3 week into flower defoliation/lollipop... I have 8 cuts... so even if only 2 pull through... I'd be happy. If its a complete failure, I'll drop a few new beans.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor... I long for a private outdoor garden :(
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? I use BioBizz Allmix... Great stuff! But I do 70/30 Allmix/Perlite.
If soil... What size pot? I start in 10cm Squares, then up to 20cm Squares, and then they go in 18Liter (5 gallon) 30cm Rounds in the Flowering Tent
Size of light? My veg cabinet has just 1 Mars 300 (135 true watts) and somewhere around 200 watts of CFL... give or take depending on how far along in veg. My flowering tent is 1x1x2m and has a Mars2 1200 (580 true watts). I also have a few 150watt flowering temp cfls but haven't had to use them yet. I am still early in flower on my first grow. They could be used for supplementing the lower bud sites but... the 1200 should do the trick with only 5 plants in there. My flower space can technically hold 9 of my flowering pots. But my ladies exploded... as soon as the boys got kicked out they took over. Still... they will have to make some room because these plant will come out of veg a couple weeks before the first batch is done...
Is it aircooled? Nope... LEDs. My Flower Room has a 12000 BTU MiniSplit which handles Cooling,Heating, scrubbing, and even has a Dehumidifier setting. I got special carbon inserts for the filters that handle odor control... and its a sealed room. The room the veg cabinet is in ALSO has its own minisplit but I am only running it as a heat pump right now for the clones to stay very warm.
Temp of Room/cab? Seedlings I keep around 27-30. Otherwise 25 during lights on and never lower than 20 lights off. I really lucked out with the minisplit as the remote controls my rooms temp and humidity with very little work on my part.
RH of Room/cab? Sprouts are kept extremely moist. Clones are in dome. Otherwise veg cabinet ranges from 50 -70% and my flower room I try to keep low as possible. I have the remote set for 40%.
PH of media or res? Biobizz allmix is 6.5. My tap water is around 6.3ish but with a very HIGH ec count (around 315) BUT it is city water sourced in the mountains so most of that ec is true mineral content that the plants seem to love. I grew up with a well with AWFUL hard water in the states and this is completely different water... tastes like spring water truly. I drink it all day everyday... don't even need a brita. I also use BioBizz nutrients which are bottled but organic... as long as I use my PPM meter and account for the high mineral content of my water I haven't had any problems yet. In fact, I have had no calmag issues despite being under LED and I attribute this to my water's mineral content.
Any Pests ? No... I have a mouser that doubles as a fly catcher. Seriously... if so much as a housefly dare enter my home, my cat has batted it to the ground and munched on its crispy goodness in under 5 minutes. TOTALLY disgusting I KNOW... but if I see anything flying in my flower room... I release the Kraken.
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? I keep it very simple because of my water already having tons of cal, lime, and other goodies. The allmix is also hot so I really only use nutrients in flower. I use BioBizz Grow and Bloom and then I use Top Max as a booster.

Okay so that's the deal. This is a second grow but also the start of me going perpetual.

I am going to switch over to the app to add a couple photos to give those who don't know my setup a shot of my veg cabinet... its a little messy right now... because i have a lot going on... But the sprouts are so cute... they deserve a photo or two.

Thanks for visiting my virtual garden once again.

xxKitty

:Namaste:

Re: Kitty Goes Perpetual! 1 A.Haze+2 JackH.+ Clones / CFL+Mars300 Veg & Mars2 1200 Fl

420-magazine-mobile975388993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile399334954.jpg

Re: Kitty Goes Perpetual! 1 A.Haze+2 JackH.+ Clones / CFL+Mars300 Veg & Mars2 1200 Fl

Looking good, can't wait to see those clones take off. Its funny once an addict always an addict it just seems to rear it's head out now in a more productive manner ., and i gotta say there's nothing wrong with your "kraken" eating flys, i used to have a really fat cat who was to lazy to catch flus but loved to eat them lol so it must be a delicacy. Anyway I'm subbed up, happy growing

Re: Kitty Goes Perpetual! 1 A.Haze, 2 JackH, Clones - CFL&Mars300 Veg & Mars2 1200 Fl

I'm about to make and auto journal I have to do it on pc right

Re: Kitty Goes Perpetual! 1 A.Haze, 2 JackH, Clones - CFL&Mars300 Veg & Mars2 1200 Fl

I've got 10day old photos as well as an auto I'm blogging it in my signature

I'm about to make and auto journal I have to do it on pc right

It's easier to do on the computer... yes. You CAN do it on the app but... Just because it's a lot of typing and organization.... I love to write so I do the majority of my work on the PC and then use the app for comments and adding photos...

I'm trying to journal my perpetual in blog

I'm trying to journal my perpetual in blog

Oh yes... I can see it when I'm on my computer but with the blogs you don't get to interact with your readers... I can leave a comment... but it's not as interactive... yknow... but you can copy and paste and put it in the 'Ongoing Journals' section of the forum if you want the forum feel...

XxKitty

Way to go Kitty, you deserve a good break w/all the help you give the members here!! :)

Kitty very nice way to go. Keep up the good work I will be here too.
happy growing

Keep up the great work ....

Alright guys... although I have been neglecting this journal in favor of my first one... (my girl's are in the middle of flower.... I can't help myself.) I have not been neglecting my new babies.

420-magazine-mobile1160089294.jpg

About 7 days above ground and the two Jack seedlings are looking fine. They are definitely not as fast growing as my first grow but they are heathy. I know Jack H is a slow growing sativa... so not really concerned. I have noticed now the one side effect of using a lot of H202 in germination/propagation is that the seedlings often display bleached leaves. I saw it in my first grow too and I know now it is not ph or nutrient based yellowing. I am quite certain it is simply a side effect of the peroxide and once that little bit of bleaching occurs I know to use that as I sign to switch over to normal water.

My amnesia haze on the other hand has definitely not had the best start. Have been through this before so I know seedlings that have a funky start can turn into amazing plants so I'm not giving up on her... just a little disappointed by RQS at this point. Two seeds... one doesn't make it past germ and the other is having a rough start. My gifted seeds have outperformed on every level. I will include photos so you can see the difference. But with every new set of leaf growth the AH looks more and more normal. She is growing decent root system and although she is doing it slowly, she is growing.... not stunted.

Two Jacks on the left and A.Haze on the right...

420-magazine-mobile1976168592.jpg

Jack 1 (with leaf bleaching from H202 use)

420-magazine-mobile1011783290.jpg

Jack 2

420-magazine-mobile679258514.jpg

And poor little Amnsia Haze...

420-magazine-mobile2039054641.jpg

(hopefully she will grow out of this and forget all about it... catch that pun there!? Yeah I know you did)

Now for the clones.

420-magazine-mobile1094776216.jpg

I am fully aware that because I took these cuts from my girls that had already been flipped (even if only for 12 days) it can take anywhere from a week to a month for them to root properly and revert back to veg. Nonetheless they continue to retain their rigidity and are even showing new grow on the nodes I had cut away... so that must mean something is going on down below. They are (trying to) root in coco pellets so that's as close to hydro as I get... the leaves show some yellowing but Again attribute a lot of that to the use of H202 with them as well.

420-magazine-mobile1046790680.jpg

I have since switched to spraying the coco with my plain 6.3 ph water which is already at 315ppm with a lot of cal and lime so they should be okay without a cal mag supplement in that coco.

I am working on 'Emmie's Cal Mag Phos+' recipe available here on 420 mag but because I am vegan I had to outsource the eggshells ;) I don't eat eggs but using the shells of organic eggs that people have eaten anyway does fall with in my vegan moral set.

It is fermenting away in a dark corner of my kitchen and I give it a good stir twice a day... but this product will take time. I only had a little bit of normal red wine vinegar but I had a bottle of wine that had been open for over two months which was turning to vinegar already... I am curious how my chianti based cal mag will turn out :)
Here it is fermenting...

420-magazine-mobile1759805583.jpg

Looks gross right??

Because the wine was just turned... I think it will take longer than the two weeks... But it did have enough kick to fizzle that burnt up powdered egg shell just fine. To be honest, I haven't had any need for calmag yet because of my high mineral count tap water but having it around can't hurt. Especially because I intend on doing a little experimenting with organics in coco... later down the line.

So that's everything I got going on in the veg cab...

Thanks again for stopping by!

XxKitty

Your babies are looking good. Interested in the perpetual setup; think this is where I will end up.

Back
Top Bottom