Feminised Sour Kosher & Auto Big Bomb

Smoke909

Medium: coco plus + perlite.
Nutrients: coco A and B. Epson salts. (Ordering fox farm nutrients)
Other: ph up and down. Ph test kit.

Temp 27c-30c
Humidity 40% rh
Light 18/6

Hi 420 community, after getting over my first kush grow I have decided to purchase a sour kosher and a auto big bomb.

Both seeds we germinated using a propogator and paper towels. Planted straight into final pots using coco plus and perlite and a mix of about 30-45%.

Had an issue with the feminised kosher and really couldn't put my finger on the problem. The more I researched about yellowing/curling leaves I had less of an ideal what could be the problem. After purchasing a ph kit I realised that all my water and nutrients were withing 6-7 and we're satisfactory.

After flushing the plant to read the ph of the run off water I found out that it was coming out around the same too.

I then believed it was a over-watering issue and read that it's common in first time growers. After an emergency operation of drilling holes and fans pointing directly at the soil the top half of the plant managed to un curl and is now in a stable condition. I'm not to sure about the bottom half tho? The colour as gone from a lime green to a dark, lavish green withing a few days but the leaves are mega clawed and are browning?

Question: should I remove this lower foliage or leave well be till its more mature ?

Second question: my auto plant has been growing at a steady pace and is just beginning to grow sprouts from the nodes at a decent rate, but looking at the tip of the plant I'm beginning to see white hairs as if it was flowering ? Have I just got a mega stumpy plant or is this the way autos grow ?

I'd appreciate all advice good and bad please, the seedlings/plants are about 3 week from sprouting?
Both plants kept in the save environment and basically same medium. Only difference is I have fed the auto nutrients and a minimum dose and haven't fed my feminised lady?

Thanks guys

Smoke909

20170424_150842.jpg
20170424_150836.jpg
20170424_150522.jpg
20170424_150459.jpg
20170424_150459.jpg
20170424_150444.jpg

re: Feminised Sour Kosher & Auto Big Bomb

It does look like over watering to me, I would give it a week or so and see how it does, the yellow leaf won't heal, just watch your new growth and make sure it looks good it should be fine as long as your ph is stable. As for the auto I am also growing autos for the first time, I'm on day 14 today. I have heard of some autos flowering as early as 2 weeks but it is due to stress most of time. Most autos start around 25 to 30 days old as I understand so if you are at 21 days your girls not to far off. Maybe overwatering has stressed her some what. Just be sure to let your soil dry out some before you water, you can stick your finger down in soil about 2 to 3 inch and see if your soil is still moist down in there. When she starts to dry out and need water the bottom leaves will wilt a little, I like to water right before it starts to wilt. You will learn your plant after a little bit she will let you no when she needs water, I'm far from a master grower and I'm still learning everyday I will help with any suggestions or advice I can. Best of luck to you

One more thing, a lot of people have been saying to feed veg nutes until it finishes stretching, then you can put it on bloom, I have heard if you give the bloom nutes to early it will affect its stretch. That's all I can think of right now, happy growing

Thanks tom Smith much appreciated.

Yeah I believe the over-watering may have stressed the auto out myself, will this have any affect on hight ? If that's to vague I'll try and explain it better below

The main colar usually is the tallest bud location of the plant, so does this mean my side branches will grow in scale with the main cola ? That's even if it's growing it's main colar yet ?

Have you got a grow journal going ? Wouldn't mind having a read of a fellow new starter ?

Cheers

Smoke909

It would depend on how long it takes it to take off again, I don't think it will stunt it much, the main cola will probably be taller, I am going to do lst to try and keep my canopy more even, I also want to top a couple of each and see how they compare to the non topped ones, the more even you can keep your canopy the better off you will be, also I am going to try and start a journal after while I will let you no when I get it started, I have never done a journal and don't no a lot about these phones or computers lol, hopefully I can figure it out I love this site people on here are great and will help any way they can. I will try to get started here in a bit and I will get back with you.

Happy growing

i got my journal started but can't figure out how to post pictures, wondering if you could help? Not very good on phones and computers lol

I'll try my best!!

If you select gallery drop down menu at the top and click upload photos, save them to the members area.

After writing a reply or starting a forum you'll see a tool box around your text box area with loads of small buttons, if you click the camera icon you should see your photos you recently uploaded. Bit of a pain in the behind this way but it's easy when you understand.

As I said I'd love to watch your journey as you seem to be researching the facts i'm trying to undercover eg topping autos and lst training. But I'm waiting till I got the growth correct before investing in a bigger pack

Smoke 909

Forgot to mention I will be lst training and super cropping my feminished sour kosher.

After a few weeks reading i think i will fit a scrog net to both as it will ease canopy coverage and height ?
Have you contemplated this method ?

I appreciate the help i finally figure out how to post my pictures thanks to you and smoke sara, thats the best part of this site, all the help. Everyone is very helpful. I will post a update with more pics when i get home this evening. I have done alot of topping outdoors and a little bit of supercropping, some on accident lol. I have never attempted to do a Scrog, i have done alot of research on Scrog and i am also interested. From what I have seen it is a very good way to keep a even canopy which means more dense but and better yield. I think i will top a few and do some lst this round. In the near future i definitely want to do a scrog. Im sure it will work out Good for you.✌

Just a quick question because you mentioned topping. At what height would you begin to top a female plant ? I went for the 6th node aftwr researching am wondering if it can be done sooner ?.

Is it correct that autos don't like to be topped ?

Smoke909

Just a quick question because you mentioned topping. At what height would you begin to top a female plant ? I went for the 6th node aftwr researching am wondering if it can be done sooner ?.

Is it correct that autos don't like to be topped ?

Smoke909
I always top on 4th, i have seen people top at 3rd node. As for autos there are alot of opinions but i have topped three of mine and they didn't show any sign of stress, they are doing great. I also have some untopped and will compare at end. My personal opinion is if your auto is big and healthy enough to top in the first 14 to 16 days then they will react great but if there not big enough to top early (around 15 days) then i wouldn't top at all.

Here are the three autos i topped two days ago, the first two are white widow and the third is thc bomb, i accidentally clipped a fan leaf on the thc bomb and the fan leaf died but still she hasn't shown any sign of stress
8944ae261ef5d94c6efab95d93adb48b.jpg
80c6eecd0e2239e4e1201e3f28597dc5.jpg
7afc7cde6458adf96fb813ca26e0ad50.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom