First Grow & New To The Site

Ares9689

Hey there,

This is my first ever grow, I started with the goal of a small hobby. I did a lot of research on this site before I began and am still trying to learn as much as I can while I grow. I'm not sure how all of this works on the forum but I'm going to give it a shot and maybe someone will chime in and help.

So I haven't really been keeping a journal like I should have, but I'm going to try and provide as much info as I can.

Started 3/3 from seed in jiffy pellets seeds from crop king seeds.

3x Dark angel
3x White Cookies
3x OG Kush

Ended up getting all to pop but only 7 of the plants made it. 2 of them were runts, they have been moving forward but still much smaller than the others.

Started with a 2x4 tent with 2x 300w "full spectrum" leds, quickly realized I needed a bigger area. Moved to 4x4 tent and added a 1000w led.

I had a lot of issues from the start, I was over watering when I began. I have since learned a little and have been doing better with the watering.

I switched to 12/12 on 4/1

They look good but feel like they should be further along at this point. I'm going to stop my ramble for now, I'm also trying to get my feet wet with dwc in my separate tent. I will say I'm finding this to be quite difficult.

re: First Grow & New To The Site

It's just a mobile friendly version of the forum for your smart phone or tablet... it's in the app or play store for iPhone and android. But it makes adding photos soooo much easier... there is a little plus sign to the left of the reply box. You press that and it gives you the option to add photos straight from your device.

Pics are helpful... we are all big kids... the picture books are more fun . if you are having trouble with adding photos, the 420 app makes it a one step process.

Hi Ares -- Welcome. From your setup, it looks like you jumped in with both feet. :thumb:

If you go to the Gallery tab above and click "Upload Photos," it will walk you through a kind of involved process of adding photos to your gallery. Then it's easy to add them to a post by clicking the little camera icon.

You can download the 420 app from your app store. It's a really nice app! I use it for surfing from my iPad, but I still do my logging from my PC.

I will say I'm finding this to be quite difficult.

I think there are a lot of knobs and levers to adjust at first. Even when you've done a lot of reading, you still have to get everything tweaked just right for your particular circumstances. I sympathize with the overwatering problem. I had that too in a way, (my rock wool was saturated with water and drowning my seedling), but a couple of guys on the hydroponics forum were able to verify that that was the problem and very shortly thereafter all was well. There are some knowledgeable, helpful people here. :)

Yea something like that lol. I tend to go a little over board on things sometimes. I'm downloading it now. Thanks everyone for all the replays already. Didn't think anyone was going to say much. I'll have pictures up soon.

420-magazine-mobile818444392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573834284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile205474411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1280746669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1206822443.jpg
420-magazine-mobile755012816.jpg
420-magazine-mobile48169194.jpg

Looking good actually

Well besides the one that stretched like all hell, they grew ok I guess. But I feel like they are behind? I've read all kinds of things about defoliation and also adding a uv-b light to help. But they aren't showing any trichomes or anything. Am I just being impatient or am I needing something.

Well besides the one that stretched like all hell, they grew ok I guess. But I feel like they are behind? I've read all kinds of things about defoliation and also adding a uv-b light to help. But they aren't showing any trichomes or anything. Am I just being impatient or am I needing something.

Looking good! :)

Impatience is understandable.

Do be careful with UV lamps if you decide to experiment with them. Bad for the skin. Very bad for the eyes.

Thank you for all the positive information and feedback. One thing that I did fail to ask, should I adjust the layout of the plants height wise? Every feeding I rotate the plants to different spots. However I haven't adjusted them up or down to even the canopy? Is it that big of a issue or should I just let them stay the different heights?

They really don't look behind... Regular photo plants are known for growth spurts. I switched to flower ten days after you. I made the switch after 7 weeks from sprout. These are my plants yesterday...

420-magazine-mobile1155510807.jpg

So... just an idea... your plants are only ten days ahead of mine and look about just that...

Now that they are done growing after the first three weeks of flower the will switch to putting all of their energy into packing on the buds!

Keep us updated. You have some nice plants!

XxKitty

Looking good! :)

Impatience is understandable.

Do be careful with UV lamps if you decide to experiment with them. Bad for the skin. Very bad for the eyes.

I probably won't go that route as of yet. I want to have more knowledge under my belt before i start experimenting. The defoliation was actually my biggest wonder. I've read pros and cons. I've been tucking the shade leaves as best I can for now.

I wouldn't be so impatient if I could figure out the dwc in the other tent. Would have something else to content to as the others grow.

They really don't look behind... Regular photo plants are known for growth spurts. I switched to flower ten days after you. I made the switch after 7 weeks from sprout. These are my plants yesterday...

420-magazine-mobile1155510807.jpg

So... just an idea... your plants are only ten days ahead of mine and look about just that...

Now that they are done growing after the first three weeks of flower the will switch to putting all of their energy into packing on the buds!

Keep us updated. You have some nice plants!

XxKitty

Your canopy looks very even. What types of training if any did you do to achieve that?

Your canopy looks very even. What types of training if any did you do to achieve that?

I just fimmed them all once and then some LST to create even branches and prevent the traditional main central bud. I do have one mutant, a polyploid that I have raised on a cardboard box about 5 inches because her mutation makes her broader but not as tall. Even tops begets even buds.... I would adjust for an even canopy at this point if in your shoes because they aren't going to change much in height this far into flower.

There are actually only 5 plants in there and it's a 4x4... I did have 8 but 3 were males. As soon as they were kicked out the ladies took over the extra space in no time.

Hope that helps a bit...

XxKitty

Back
Top Bottom