Lonestar's Lemon Walker RDWC Grow Journal 2017

Lonestar11

Hello y'all! Hope everyone is enjoying their month of April so far, I know I am as I am very excited to get this ball rolling! My first grow attempt was a failure due to the reservoir drying out while I went on vacation, so I have solved that issue this time around with a homemade RDWC system

-What strain is it? Lemon Walker (Lemon skunk x Skywalker)
-# of plants? 2
-Is it Indica/Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid (60/40)
-Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
-If in Veg... For how long? Since 4/20 (5 days)
-Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
-Soil or Hydro? Hydro
-Size of light? (2) 300w LED
-Size of tent? 4x4x7
-Is it aircooled? Portable AC
-Temp of Room? +\- 75°
-RH of Room? +\- 50%
-PH of media or res? +\- 6.0 (manual)
-Any Pests ? No
-How often are you watering? As needed
-Bucket Size -5 gallon
-Medium-Grow Stones (Aerogarden pods for now)
-Nutrients - GH Trio, HydroGuard, GH CALiMAGic

Stay tuned for updates!!

420-magazine-mobile2134768279.jpg

Don't eat that Lonestar.........Thats horse shit. Hydroguard, or the like, is exactly what your system needs.

Did they offer any explanation as to why its not for you?

Don't eat that Lonestar.........Thats horse shit. Hydroguard, or the like, is exactly what your system needs.

Did they offer any explanation as to why its not for you?

This is his exact response...

"You add it to nutes and water it in with soil or coco based plants. The fungi, bacteria and I think nematodes colonize the root zone and benefit the roots. But the point is that it's meant for a drier, more stable environment than DWC.

Some people do successfully use it in DWC and you'll see all sorts of posts about it. What you won't see so much of are the grows where it all went wrong - people tend not to share their failures too much...

It CAN be used but you really have to have EVERYTHING dialed and and know your shit to really be able to monitor everything.

I grow RDWC and learned some very expensive lessons on all of this and I offer advice so maybe others don't have to.

But read through the label on it and you won't see DWC application instructions on it.

You have to weed through what everyone tells you - me included. There's so much misinformation out there that everyone swears by. You have to learn enough to be able to reason through what's actually real science.

Even grow shops - don't take their word as gospel. Each employee heir their particular set of skills, or maybe not, their own opinions and preferences - and then the upsell. They often want to just sell you more shit and you have to be able to cut through it all. You'll have one person swear by a set of products and instructions, and another tell you something different.

Go to the manufacturers web sites for each product before you buy it and learn what it's actual application is and specific instructions for using it in DWC.

It's a lot work on the front end but it will save you a ton in the back end and maybe prevent a crop failure. Root rot is very difficult to get rid of once it sets in."

Many people use it in hydro setups including Rifleman. I'm not buying this other fellows reasoning at all. Now having said that I've never used Hydroguard but the hydro store that I buy 90% of my nutes from stocks it exclusively and they swear by it. I use Z7 and its great but very hard to come by in Canada. When its gone I'll switch to Hydroguard in a Texas minute. If you still have doubts get yourself some Z7 from Amazon, for 100% sure, it works great.

Subbed. That guy is full of bull about hydroguard. The name says it all HYDRO guard.

Many people use it in hydro setups including Rifleman. I'm not buying this other fellows reasoning at all. Now having said that I've never used Hydroguard but the hydro store that I buy 90% of my nutes from stocks it exclusively and they swear by it. I use Z7 and its great but very hard to come by in Canada. When its gone I'll switch to Hydroguard in a Texas minute. If you still have doubts get yourself some Z7 from Amazon, for 100% sure, it works great.

Is ZZ7 a beneficial bacteria just like Hydroguard? Any particular beneficial differences between the two? Right now I am just using tap water that has been pH for the sseedlings,but in the next week I will slowly add nutrients, including the Hydro guard. I also have some Cal mag, but I am seeing in a lot of places that it is not necessary if using tap water?

Subbed. That guy is full of shit about hydroguard. The name says it all HYDRO guard.

I might not have spent months of researching on nutrients, but the little bit of reading that I did and what little common sense I like to think I have, it seemed like a good addition to the GH trio

Subbed and following for this one.
thank scrogdawg for leading me here.

I agree with what the germinator said about hydrogaurd especially because of just the name...

HYDROgaurd why would they name it that if it was meant for nonhydro applocation??!

I havent studied too much about hydro but i like to think that i do understand our plants so any help i can give let me know.

Looking very good so far great plan and noce choice of strain this seems like its going to be a pretty fun read!

And although it's not 100% complete, this is the RDWC system I built to transfer them into from the Aerogarden
420-magazine-mobile734126228.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1412947399.jpg

I think you might wish your lid opened on the other side once your plants bush out.

I think you might wish your lid opened on the other side once your plants bush out.

Let's just say that I hope that that becomes an issue . Will be ordering a pen sometime this week hopefully so I don't have to check the pH manually anymore and I can now keep up with my water temperature as well

I might have to pick one of those up as well as cheap as it is... What do you use to test your pH and PPM/EC?

I have to be honest. I use cheap ones. I just calibrate often. I do wanna get better ones but these worked fine on my last grow. Blue labs is a good ph pen. Bout 80 bucks.
Have you heard of the Lucas grow method? I used it on my last hydro dwc. Worked fine. Just google it. Also general hydroponics has a nutrient Calc app. I love it. Pretty close to the Lucas formula. I cross reference it. I have the app on my iPhone. Not sure if the app is available for android.

Back
Top Bottom