Beav's Zamaldelica & Malawi Grow 2017

Curly Beaver

I have decided to concentrate on Sativas this summer and have two Zamaldelica's started along with one Malawi. The first Zamaldelica popped on 3/29 but then I decided I wanted two of them for an indoor scrog.... the second one popped on 4/14 along with the Malawi.
So my plans are to grow 2 Zamaldelica's in 7 gallon pots, FFOC & Pertlite 3:1, under a 34" X 34" scrog, lit with a 300 Watt Cree, and Mills nutrients.
Here is the first Zamaldelica at 4 weeks:
Z117.jpg
Z216.jpg

The younger Zamaldelica at about 10 days:
Z311.jpg

And the Malawi at 10 days:
M137.jpg

It will be another 3 weeks or so before I can get the room set up for the scrog so I don't want them to go gang busters just yet. It is still cold weather and it needs to warm up so I can clear everything else out of the veg room to get it set up.
Speaking of sativa's, I also have a Super Lemon Haze and 2 Chronic Hazes to keep the Malawi company outside in either 15 or 20 gallon pots (plus some indica's but that's another story.):cheesygrinsmiley:

re: Beav's Zamaldelica & Malawi Grow 2017

Hey man, going to sub up for this grow. I was looking at these strains when I decided to choose a landrace sativa strain but I ended up going with Kilimanjaro instead. I may just have to get these ones eventually as well :) The plants are looking great so far, keep up the good work.

Looks like you off to a good start :thumb:
Thanks Dwight, glad you found it:blunt:

Hey man, going to sub up for this grow. I was looking at these strains when I decided to choose a landrace sativa strain but I ended up going with Kilimanjaro instead. I may just have to get these ones eventually as well :) The plants are looking great so far, keep up the good work.
Hi dick23rk, and welcome. I've been wanting to try the Malawi for awhile but when I got on Ace Seeds website I couldn't make up my mind between that and the Zamaldelica so I ended up getting them both :laughtwo:

Better to have more than not enough I always say! Can't wait to see them all take off :)

Warm weather can't come soon enough, it's getting pretty crowded under in here :lot-o-toke:

2017Garden.jpg

OK brothers and sisters, time to get the show on the road. I was able to clean out the veg room by moving everything else out to the covered wagon. I've got one more 15 gallon pot to put in there (Holy Grail Kush clone) but it is hardening off at the moment. There will be five 20 gallon pots and three 15 ones.
wagon1.jpg

Here are the main characters in the scrog grow. Two Zamaldelicas that are about as different as they could be. The shorter one (5 weeks) is only one week behind the tall one (6 weeks.) Taller one was topped in photo, shorter one was right after the pic was taken. By the way, I bought a 3 pack of Zamaldelica's from Ace Seeds so it's doubtful that there was any mix up, maybe just different pheno's can make that much difference, I don't know. (Still have 1 "Z" seed left.)
zC.jpg
zD5.jpg

Here is a couple after setting up the scrog, with the addition of a Malawi on the left side. I had bought a 3 pack of Malawi's from Ace and not one made it... this one was from a Herbie's order from last year, glad I had it!
scrogA.jpg
scrogB.jpg

Just a couple more days and they should poke up above the net. I'm kinda of excited about this scrog as I have never done one before, nor have I grown 100% sativas so please chime in if I do something wrong.
:blunt:

Well, there's nothing sativa about these plants. Are you sure there was no mix-up?

Well, there's nothing sativa about these plants. Are you sure there was no mix-up?

No sir, absolutely no chance of a mix up on this end.

EDIT: Let me edit this post as I don't want to come across as someone who can't make a mistake, but I did not in this instance as it's the only seed project that I had going :laughtwo:
I did however buy some indica's from them on the same order. Do they always hand print the strain names on the bag rather that a pre-printed package? I remember thinking that was kinda funny... I'd never seen that before.

Good luck with the Malawi. I just finished a Malawi female from Seeds of Africa. Other then the 16 week flower time it did ok indoors. Only problem I had was with curing. It wants to dry out to much. I put a couple fresh leaves from currant grow to give them some more moisture. Had to do this twice now. Third times a charm I hope. All my other strains cure fine so I don't think its me but who knows.
grow_2-2_016.JPG

Here is the Malawi at 16 weeks

No sir, absolutely no chance of a mix up on this end.

EDIT: Let me edit this post as I don't want to come across as someone who can't make a mistake, but I did not in this instance as it's the only seed project that I had going :laughtwo:
I did however buy some indica's from them on the same order. Do they always hand print the strain names on the bag rather that a pre-printed package? I remember thinking that was kinda funny... I'd never seen that before.
I'm gonna tell you one thing. OnceI ordered a bunch of fems from Herbies. They were mostly fine apart of one seed which turned out to be a male. I always thought I got the wrong seed, but who knows?

I'm gonna tell you one thing. OnceI ordered a bunch of fems from Herbies. They were mostly fine apart of one seed which turned out to be a male. I always thought I got the wrong seed, but who knows?

Well, maybe I'll try to contact Ace and have them take a look. I really don't want to have a couple unknown strains under a scrog with Malawi that may finish way earlier.

Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate it. :thumb:

They look like heavy indica to me. Just send them the photos.

When discussing strains with breeders. Remember that most breeders sell seeds as a souvenirs. Some will still answer questions others will not. If they refuse to answer questions you will need to understand that it most likely is a legal issue.

Sending them photos for a look is a good idea. I got advice from them on a ACE mix I was growing by having them look at some pictures. He knew right away what strain it was.

When discussing strains with breeders. Remember that most breeders sell seeds as a souvenirs. Some will still answer questions others will not. If they refuse to answer questions you will need to understand that it most likely is a legal issue.

Yesterday I sent them several pictures and questions but nobody has replied.

This morning I had the following reply from Luis. at Ace Seeds:
------------------------------------------
Don't worry, we indeed sent you Zamaldelica fem seeds. Zamaldelica fem has been bred with the more modern and tamed New Killer Malawi parental plant,
which produces offspring with wider leaf in early stages of life, it's still too early to identify phenos, anyway they look great and healthy :)

Please keep us updated or let us know if you have any other doubt.

--------------------------------------
Also, the Malawi was the first to poke above the scrog net this morning.

Here are the main characters in the scrog grow. Two Zamaldelicas that are about as different as they could be. The shorter one (5 weeks) is only one week behind the tall one (6 weeks.) Taller one was topped in photo, shorter one was right after the pic was taken. By the way, I bought a 3 pack of Zamaldelica's from Ace Seeds so it's doubtful that there was any mix up, maybe just different pheno's can make that much difference, I don't know. (Still have 1 "Z" seed left.)
I'm pretty sure they are just different phenotypes. I recently learned that the characteristics of a strain can change from seed to seed.

Back
Top Bottom