Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

Welcome to my journal. I'm just getting back into the swing of things so I though I'd create a new journal from the ground up. I hope to document every step along the way, from seeds in packages, sprouting, transplanting, tent setup, training to harvest. So lets jump in:

re: Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

For this grow I have selected Blueberry by Zambeza and Northern Lights by Pyramid, both autos.

IMG_20170425_193305.jpg

Zambeza Blueberry Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Info

Blueberry is the feminized autoflowering version of the well-known Blueberry, famous throughout the world for its sweet aroma and berry flavour. We already had an excellent version of Blueberry in our Blue Magnum, but we are now offering a variety of autoflowering to provide you a wide range of choices.

Now we are happy to announce the Blueberry - an autoflowering strain that kept all the characteristics of Blue Magnum, while reducing the time it needs to mature. Stemming directly from the original Blueberry, our Blueberry autoflowering has the same sweet aroma, that brings the memories of blueberries.

The autoflowering Blueberry is a result of cross breeding between the best genetics in the whole famous family of Blue. This particular strain was achieved by crossing Blueberry with Cannabis Ruderalis and Northern Lights. Its heritage include the attempts of old school growers from the hills in California and Oregon, who worked with Thai and Afghan races and hybrids. By mixing it with the autoflowering genetics, we made it possible for harvest to take place as soon as 8 to 9 weeks after sprouting.

As most of the autoflowering cannabis strains, our Blueberry does not grow tall, reaching approximately 60-90 cm and will yield around 400-450g/m2. The plant concentrates on developing a single cola, so do not expect it to stretch much sideways. This is typical to all autoflowering varieties, allowing them to produce big and tasty buds.

Being an Indica dominant plant, our Blueberry will give you a nice stoning effect. The smoke has average contents of THC and CBD. With a sweet aroma and - as the name suggests - delicate taste of blueberries. The great taste and effect achieved with little effort with cultivation will definitely appeal to a number of growers.

Type Indica Dominant
Yield 400-450 gr/m2
Height 60-90 cm
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Harvest Time All Year
THC Content 14%
Effects Indica Stone
Taste Sweet Berry
Smells Musky
Genetics Blueberry x Northern Light Auto

IMG_20170425_193316.jpg

Pyramid Auto Northern Lights Feminised Seeds Info

Our variety comes from an old phenotype very difficult to find nowadays. We have cultivated it in hydroponic systems, although it is adaptable to all subtracts.

This is a small, robust plant, with a slow and very compact growth. It has fleshy leaves, a deep green color and thick buds with loads of resin. Its fragrance and taste are strongly sweet.

Winner of the first prize at La Bella Flor 2006 and the second Hidro Award in Spannabis 2007.

Type Indica / Sativa
Flowering Time 8 Weeks
THC Content 16.00%
CBD Content 1.40%
Yield Indoors 600 gr/m2, OUtdoors 25-150 gr/pp
Height Indoors 60-150 cm
Taste Strong, Sweet
Smell Strong, Sweet
CBN 0.4%
Grow Indoors/Outdoors

So lets get those seeds started. First we need some water. I have a reverse osmosis water purification system that I put in a year ago primarily for plants. I'll save you the picture of under my sink. For this grow I will be using a lineup of fertilizers and etc from Dyna-Gro

IMG_20170425_194230.jpg

I grabbed a gallon of water. Starting PPM was about 96. I added 1/8 tsp of Foliage Pro, 1/4 tsp of Pro Tekt, and 1/4 tsp of PH Down to get the PH close to my target of 6.5. The additions brought the PPM's up by 60, so the resulting PPM was 156.

IMG_20170425_195008.jpg

I use Jiffy plugs to start my seed. It's easy and I've had my best results with them. I'm growing two plants of each strain so 4 plugs it is.

IMG_20170425_195327.jpg

Now lets get a bowl and let them suck up some of the amended water for a half hour or so until they have fully expanded.

IMG_20170425_195401.jpg

After about 45 minutes, all the Jiffy pellets had swollen.

IMG_20170425_204900.jpg

I don't think the factory hole is all that deep, plus when I handle them a bit it seems to close up. So, I use a pencil to make a hole for the seed. Its as deep as the sharpened end of the pencil.

IMG_20170425_205058.jpg

Drop in the seed then gently cover it over with some of the plug material. Sprinkle a little water on the top and done.

IMG_20170425_205500.jpg

Put the lid on the top to hold in moisture and this part is done. I'll set is aside while I work on setting the tent up again.

IMG_20170425_205731.jpg

This is the closet in a spare bedroom that I'll be turning into my garden. Time to turn on some music and get started. I've been anxious to get the tent back up but this part is a major pain.

IMG_20170425_193408.jpg

With a little help from my son, the tent went up faster than expected. It measures 32"x32"x63". Its about the biggest thing that will fit in my space since the distance from the upper closet shelves are 33" from the opposing wall. Putting 4 plants in the tent can be a bit cramped if they fatten up like they should.

IMG_20170425_213523.jpg

Now that the tent is up, I'll work on a little ventilation. I'll do this now before hanging any lights since its much heavier and I don't have to contend with them in my way. I have a 6" carbon filter and just got a new inline duct fan. The one it replaced was more of a booster fan. It was loud and only moved about 1/2 as much air as the new one.

IMG_20170425_215405.jpg

Using a clamp I secure the filter to the fan.

IMG_20170425_220127.jpg

Now that shes together, I mount it in the upper center of the tent using some zip ties and a bungee cord.

IMG_20170425_221427.jpg

Next the lights were hung. They are on a timer that will be set for 18 hours on (6PM to 12PM) and 6 hours off. The duct fan and tower fan will be on 24/7. The lights are Mars Hydro units (300 watt, 132 watt actual draw).

IMG_20170426_042844.jpg

Previous experience says the closet will build up too much heat so we have to get rid of that warm air somehow. I have a door that leads to an attic storage space. I'll remove it and replace it with a piece of sheet rock that I cut a hole in for duct work.

IMG_20170425_212547.jpg

Last step to finish up the tent setup. I clamp the duct work to the fan and route it out one of the exit holes in the tent. It runs out through the hole in the sheet rock, venting the warm air into the attic.

IMG_20170426_042925.jpg

:passitleft: subbed mate.. let the fun begin :high-five:

clever setup and a nice step by step, mate
... i'l tag along :thumb:

Northern Lights and Blueberry rock, so let's see
what Zambesa and Pyramid made with those 2.

best vibes for this run, mate !

Looks like a decent amount of folks following this. Thank you all. Hope I don't disappoint.

I started my journey into growing with Northern Lights auto from Nirvana and botched them bad with a bunch of rookie mistakes. Even though, what bud I did get was some of my favorite with the nice warm pulsating body buzz and a psychedelic head high that made you smell colors. I've wanted to return to the strain and see what I can do now that I have a clue what I'm doing, so this is that run. Blueberry has also intrigued me but I've always had other strains that ended up making it into the shopping cart instead.

Interesting note. I've been using Dyna-Gro products since I began growing. I went to their web site the other day and notice that they have begun marketing their products for cannabis. Their new/updated feeding schedule looks a little hot in my opinion and changed quite a bit from what it was in the past. Maybe I'll try it in some point in the future, but I plan on going with what I've found works for me via trial and error. I notice on the bottom of their feeding schedule that it references a feeding calculator on their website. I am unable to locate it so far, so maybe its something that's in the development stages.

I'm with you pennywise, my PPMs are about half of what they have listed. They have you pumping a ton of growth formula from the very beginning where I wean them into it more gradually. I think I'd fry them in their infancy if I gave them their recommended amount of nitrogen. My formula for bloom contains a mixture of half grow and half bloom with some other additives, its the way their feeding schedule used to look before they changed it. I'll post my proposed feeding schedule once I get to that point, around transplant time.

Back
Top Bottom