What's In Jim's Grow Room?

MagicJim

Creme de la Creme Photos: Sept 2016
:welcome: all.

I plan on maintaining a perpetual grow. For now we have Blue Dream clones and I'll be creating fem seeds using silver thiosulfate (STS)

I'm getting better at keeping clones alive and I have 8 Blue Dream clones that are strong and healthy and I intend to grow them out in 1 gallon plastic pots. One of these girls will have a trans sexual experience using silver thiosulfate. A number of people on these threads have done this and I'll prop Heirloom and Nismo12 for valuable instructions.

The Blue Dream is bred by HSO and I'll likely give the seeds away. I'll freeze whatever pollen not used to cross some other strains later. I grew the mother out last year and she quickly became one of my favorite strains. Chemdawg is my favorite right now so my loyalty gets tugged around as I continue to grow different things.

I crossed BD and a friend's Fast and Vast x Master Kush last year and I have about 40 of those beans which I should grow. She might be a winner and I won't know without the grow.

Soil is third generation recycled soil which started as Baccto Professional Grower's Mix and some Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Anyway I took about 40 gallons of previously used soil. I added 4 pints of KIS Organics Nutrient Pack, 30 lbs EWC, a cup of Azamite and a cup of Mycos. I've mixed and mixed this soil since January and I'm only using 8 or so gallons.

The girls went into my 4 x 4 tent yesterday on a 12/12 light schedule using a Mars Hydro Mars II 900. It operates inexpensively and does a reasonably good job. I usually get a fair yield but I may push the nutes on the sensimilia plants. I do also intend to provide this bunch a foliar feeding weekly or so. Fox Farms trio will form the basis of the nutrients. So far they've had water only.

OK...so you came for pictures. These girls got off to a rocky start.

DSC_056615.JPG

Only 2 of these made it so I'm batting .800 from the 10 cuts.

DSC_057311.JPG

Early life. They do so much better after the roots grip the soil.

DSC_058630.JPG

DSC_059830.JPG

DSC_060125.JPG

What they look like today

DSC_066817.JPG

DSC_067117.JPG

DSC_067016.JPG

DSC_066916.JPG

If you have comments or questions, let 'em rip. How they produce leaves and flowers is still quite a mystery for me. Something about photosynthesis, cation exchange, gland production and stuff.

I just try to keep them alive with good water and good environment.

DSC_067415.JPG

I'm here Jimmy. :hug: :love:

Blue Dream and you're making seeds. :dreamy: I may have to come visit some day and procure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The clones are going to do well for you. What a talented hand you have with your charges. So glad to have you up and running again Jim. :kisstwo: :love:

Looking good :) I'll tag along if u don't mind

Glad to have you. Got some new photos from this morning so we'll see how good they look.

I'll hang out here too. I'd like to see how the sex change goes for you.

I'm looking forward to the sex change too. It's one of those things I've never done before.

I'm here Jimmy. :hug: :love:

Blue Dream and you're making seeds. :dreamy: I may have to come visit some day and procure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The clones are going to do well for you. What a talented hand you have with your charges. So glad to have you up and running again Jim. :kisstwo: :love:

We do need to hook up. Coming up on 2 years of cannabis growing.

:circle-of-love:hi jim,happy growing.

Thank you Sara. Always good to have you pop in. The LEDs are still producing that goody good light.

I'll have another update a little later. After my early bowl this morning, I decided to have 1/2 of a brownie this morning. That was almost an hour ago but I'll now going through a tremendous body high. The brownies were made for Christmas and I forgot what strain. But this is good. :love:

I'll pull up a chair Jim. Looking forward to it.

Cheers.

I immediately knew I missed someone. Get the comfiest chair and have a bowl :bongrip: of something. Lots of variety in this house.

Found out last night that I have an early version of Sugar Candy from Delicious Seeds. Only one bean and my brain is now in overdrive.

:allgood:

Only one seed, huh? I see cloning in the future. :laughtwo: Getting ready to have my own brownie, but I'm trying to force myself to have breakfast first. Looking forward to your pictures.

Made me proud that you started with half a brownie and worked up to a bowl before the pictures. You're a man after my own heart Jim. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Only one seed, huh? I see cloning in the future. :laughtwo: Getting ready to have my own brownie, but I'm trying to force myself to have breakfast first. Looking forward to your pictures.

Made me proud that you started with half a brownie and worked up to a bowl before the pictures. You're a man after my own heart Jim. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Wake n Bake bowl first somewhere around 6 am. 1/2 brownie at 7:10 am. I have a nice even buzz going on. I may yet get used to edibles.

Wake n Bake bowl first somewhere around 6 am. 1/2 brownie at 7:10 am. I have a nice even buzz going on. I may yet get used to edibles.

I'm lost without edibles. I try to cut the supply at 7 PM because a girl's gotta sleep sometime, eh? :laughtwo: After 7 I inhale my cannabinoids, and the euphoria is never the same depth of feeling.

I took the girls out for a photo op. Clones have a beauty to them in there somewhere. So that room is too hot from un-vented exhausts from two tents and two lights. I turned off the Flower light switch so they're running only on the Bloom spectrum. Whatever that is?

I will figure out how to exhaust straight through the floor and out. I have new carbon filter arriving tomorrow.

Team photo

DSC_068413.JPG

I took a shot of each one. The first one is the reversal selection. I chose her early...she's in the round pot.

DSC_06859.JPG

DSC_068611.JPG

DSC_068716.JPG

DSC_068811.JPG

DSC_068911.JPG

DSC_069015.JPG

A couple of these were topped early. Short yet broad.

DSC_069116.JPG

DSC_069214.JPG

DSC_069315.JPG

DSC_069411.JPG

DSC_069512.JPG

DSC_069613.JPG

DSC_069717.JPG

DSC_069811.JPG

DSC_070012.JPG

DSC_070114.JPG

and back in the tent

DSC_07039.JPG

Be safe out there folks. :love:

Beautiful Jim. Are you attempting to determine if you get better yield with topping?

An easy way to learn how to clone depends on your method what are you using soil or Hydroponics a black cup with a lid with a hole punched in the top works great for getting clones rooted just pH the water put them in and check them every couple days you can watch The Roots grow and it will show you how easy it is to clone with soil I like to use a humidity Dome but I only keep the humidity at 70%

Beautiful Jim. Are you attempting to determine if you get better yield with topping?

I already know that continued topping would result in better yield. I really am becoming quite the lazy gardener. Since they started the 12/12 light schedule this week, it's already a bit late for additional topping.

Depending on the success of the pollen production, we'll just have to wait and see how many girls get devoted to seed production. I can envision pollinating bud sites of as many as 5 ladies. That really only leaves 2 plants for inventory. Enough to last me for a while. So, I'll just attempt to choose well when I begin the pollination process.

High, M.J.,

Hope you don't mind if I follow your journal. It's so fascinating to watch plants grow male parts enough to pollinate chosen flowers! Also like to know more about Blue Dream growth habits.

BTW, your girls have recovered very nicely.

That BD has been easy to grow and I love the effect of the high. It's sativa dominant but grows relatively compact. We'll see how this goes as I'm only running the Bloom spectrum on the lamp.

Pulling up a chair Jim :passitleft:

Always good to have you Mr. A. I loved the pics of your horses. :thumb:

Getting out my pen and paper! Glad to see u back!

I bought distilled water yesterday to make the solution. Thanks...good to be back with a journal.

I think cloning is the ultimate gift from these medicinal plants. Looking forward to learning from you Jim. .

Girl....you know it. Clones are a blessing. It didn't take me long to figure out so maybe I'm still open to learning.

It's so good to see you here. May you brain heal a little today and every day. It's good you have that wonderful husband too.

Girls are doing well this morning. Jim is Jack Herer high this morning and has to mow the lawn. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom