Royal Dwarf Autoflowering Grow Diary Intro

chaide3

420 Member
I've been growing Short Stuff #1 inside for the last two years with pretty good results. Also experimented with growing Holland's Hope seeds outside. But I am shopping around and I'm looking forwards to some good results with these babies:

IMG_348017.JPG

"With a similar genetic background to our Easy Bud but crossed with Skunk to create a new autoflowering feminized variety. We call this bonsai-like autoflowering variety Royal Dwarf.

Royal Dwarf is a very compact plant. This compact structure, along with its tight buds, make it ideal for growing indoors or outdoors in reduced spaces. It is a mix of some of our best autoflowering strains crossed with an exceptional skunk female, which was then was crossed back to the autoflowering parent to retain its amazing autoflowering ability.

The skunk has given it a different flavour and slightly larger yield than other autoflowering varieties. This compact plant can produce up to 60 g a plant. Like most Skunk hybrids, Royal Dwarf has a very strong aroma and hard resin-covered buds.

Small and mighty, Royal Dwarf grows quickly, reaching an average height of 40 to 60 cm. Ready for harvest in just 8 to 9 weeks. The effect is much like a good old Skunk variety. It gives a mild social high and relaxing body stone. Small and easy to grow, this plant is great for any grower wanting to try out a different autoflowering variety.
"

THC: 13%
CBD: Low
Yield Indoor : 150 - 200 gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 30 - 80 gr/plant
Height Indoor: 40 - 70 cm
Height Outdoor: 50 - 90 cm
Flowering: 6 - 7 weeks
Harvest month: 8-9 weeks after sprouting
Genetic Background: Skunk x Ruderalis
Type: Sa 60% In 10% Ru 30%
Effect: Physical stoned
Climate: Mild Cold

My grow room doesn't accommodate anything over 50cm so I really have to shop small. I also really like removing all the hassle so autoflowering and feminised seeds are ideal. I'm also impatient so like quick turn around time. These fit the bill..

So... first off. Beautiful packaging! Much prefer this to the packaging for SS#1 where they were all together under a little plastic bubble and could easily fall out when opening the packaging.

I'm going to germinate the seeds between two pieces of kitchen paper inside two plates as suggested by Sensi Seeds:What is the best way to germinate cannabis seeds? | Frequently Asked Questions

IMG_348118.JPG

I used to always grow them in soil but the success rate was so low. Last two goes I have done it like this and got excellent results.

So now they are getting sealed up and put in my grow space. If I get round to it I will give you a tour of my mini beauty sometime as I am dead proud of it. I put them in here becasue I can regulate the temperature and get access to them everyday.

IMG_348417.JPG
IMG_348214.JPG

Grow well little beauties. I will see you tomorrow.

Well, these guys don't hang around. Checked this evening and the first seed has already sprouted!

IMG_348920.JPG

Got him into some nice soil and under the light. Didn't have the time to rig up my Lego Duplo shelving setup (will show you in good course) tonight so this little guy is sleeping above his brothers.

IMG_349018.JPG

Day 4 and already two seeds potted up after growing some wonderful little tails. This was the second sprouting seed yesterday (Day 3).

IMG_349118.JPG

By today it had grown a hell of a lot and needed potting. Seriously need to get my little shelving job out soon as these two pots are currently teetering on the top of a bunch of pots to get some light and heat. Good luck to them.

IMG_349712.JPG

No sign of life from seed A yet but I hold hope..

Good old B!

IMG_351118.JPG

While A is slacking and C, D and E haven't even bothered to grow tails yet (starting to get a bit worried about that..) good old B is pushing his beautiful head out and embracing the light. Look at those secondary leaves. BEAUTIFUL! C'mon fella! Grow!

Thanks man! Very much enjoying it. I hope I am keeping to appropriate language and descriptions. If I am not up with the lingo forgive me. Looking forward to checking out your grow in a sec. :high-five::bong:

All going along fine with A & B still. No sign of the other guys now. Worst hopes - only 2/5 seeds germinated. Last time around I had 5 out of 5 germinate. What a pain in the arse.

B is starting to get stringy.

IMG_353515.JPG

Can't be light as he has loads of that. Considering repotting him and just burying him deeper to stave this off. I've done this before quite successfully. Nice colour on him too and his main leaves are forming pleasingly.

Well - C,D and E are goners. Nothing from them. Zilch. They've been abandoned and my concentration placed upon A and B.

B is going like the clappers and promises some good results..

IMG_689014.JPG

A, on the other hand, is a stumpy little fucker. I think when I transplanted the seed it fell to one side meaning it has frown lopsided. More worryingly, it is just so little. Despite having second growth leaves it is just sitting there all small and fragile. Will keep an eye on it. Would appreciate any thoughts guidance on the little fella..

IMG_68919.JPG

Patience.....that's a piece of advice that a friend gave me on my first day here.....that's the key. You've got some nice plants there, you don't need any advice lol. I'd complain to whomever sold you the seeds and get some free replacements. 40% is pretty shitty for germination rate......no fault of yours I'm sure. I'm growing a trio of short Ryder autos, not too many people do the shorties.....I'll follow along.

Thanks Guy - that is really kind!

I bought them through a secondary seller so unfortunately the chances of a refund are pretty slim. Had high (excuse the pun) hopes of Royal Crown seeds at least giving me some guidance but I think they interpreted my requests for guidance as a demand for $$$!I just want to learn for next time!

Will defintely check out your grow if they are shorties - interested to find out about alternatives. How big do low ryder autos get? Have you tried short stuff Number 1? They remain my "go to" for shorties!

A, on the other hand, is a stumpy little fucker. I think when I transplanted the seed it fell to one side meaning it has frown lopsided. More worryingly, it is just so little. Despite having second growth leaves it is just sitting there all small and fragile. Will keep an eye on it. Would appreciate any thoughts guidance on the little fella.

Just give it time. It looks to me like you have 2 different phenos. A seems to have more of an indica influence than the B. Nothing to worry about.

Read up on seed production and phenos. I learned a lot about how each seed from the same plant can have different genetics depending on which traits they attained from the parents (just like regular children lol). It takes multiple grows to get the same genetics from every seed, so genetics of early versions can be random, but the more they breed them, the more they keep the traits that are sought after.

Feel like I'm rambling...anyway, time. Wait a few and see how it grows.

I've always wondered too, if you move a sativa plant close to the light, will it still stretch as much?

Interesting coop, I didn't realize that either......but after being on here for a bit.....I should have! So within you're cell pack of seeds, even though they're "essentially the same", genetics can still be different. Pretty cool!

Thanks Guy - that is really kind!

I bought them through a secondary seller so unfortunately the chances of a refund are pretty slim. Had high (excuse the pun) hopes of Royal Crown seeds at least giving me some guidance but I think they interpreted my requests for guidance as a demand for $$$!I just want to learn for next time!

Will defintely check out your grow if they are shorties - interested to find out about alternatives. How big do low ryder autos get? Have you tried short stuff Number 1? They remain my "go to" for shorties!
So the deal with my short Riders is that they are supposed to remain relatively compact. They are a mix between early girl and top 44 which will allow them to Autoflower but also produce bud in 44 days of flowering......we'll see about that lol. That being said, I have also seen the exact same short Rider plant on this site at 3 feet tall and flowering for much longer LOL.... that's how this tyes with what coop was saying about different genetics with a singing strain.....if not within the same cell pack.

Interesting coop, I didn't realize that either......but after being on here for a bit.....I should have! So within you're cell pack of seeds, even though they're "essentially the same", genetics can still be different. Pretty cool!

That's how I felt once I found out too! Like it totally makes sense that the seeds are all siblings and each one will carry different traits from the parents.

Almost feels like this should be common knowledge, such a simple concept yet I don't think many new growers take that into consideration. We expect the seeds of a plant to be exactly like the plant it came from when that's not always the case, which is why I started researching cloning and self pollenating.

But don't count the runt out yet!

Some good news - some potentially bad.

First, the good news. B is really going for it now. He's now standing at just under 30cm. That's from seed to 30cm in 40 days!

IMG_695311.JPG

A, on the other hand is turning into the problematic, sickly child in the family. He's got some white powdery spots on his leaves. This can;t be good. Advice would be welcome!

IMG_696010.JPG

And here is a pic of him all potted up. Had meant to do this some time ago but the real world got on top of me. I do hope he makes it..

IMG_695812.JPG

Very interesting! I had always assumed that they would share the characteristics! Hopefully I can nurture the little guy along. He is growing - just slowly and with other accompanying ailments!

A, on the other hand is turning into the problematic, sickly child in the family. He's got some white powdery spots on his leaves. This can;t be good. Advice would be welcome!

That doesn't look good. Curious to find out what it is, how you got it, and how to try and prevent it.

Good luck! Hope she beats this!

Back
Top Bottom