Beginning Of A New Journey

goodstuff

Hey future friends. New to growing here and just finally got everything set up. Anyone have any suggestions that I can do to my setup to set me up for success? Thanks for anyone that takes the time out of their day to guide me on this new and exciting journey!

420-magazine-mobile2004634589.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1093770665.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1636813257.jpg

Hey goodstuff - nice set up mate, what size is your tent, what seeds are you growing. Do tell more :)

Thanks man. My tent size is 20"x36"x63". Pretty decent size. Definitely bigger than I was expecting. . since it's my first I figured I'd only go with one plant for now. Can I fit 2 in there?Just wanted to get my feet wet with this experience. But it's a blueberry strain from Seedsman that was free with the strawberry cake strain I originally bought. (I didn't wanna test my skills on my good seeds.) lol. I'm going to be using general organic nutrients. After my seed sprouts I'm going to throw it in some sunshine potting soil. I have 2-150 watt mars hydro leds.

Im trying to do the math in my head but its hard and i just woke up, do you know what that is in ft or cms preferred I'm in Aus haha we don't really use inches (unless measuring snakes hahaha) Cool man sounds like you've got some good strains there, and yes 420 mag people are very helpful. Your tent looks heaps similar to mine which is 80x80x160 or in ft i think 2.5x2.5x5 I'm going to do 2. I think thats probably the most id personally say to do or at least i will do. Also are they 300w lights with actual draw of 150 each? I didn't know mars made 150s ? Crank that blueberry bro mmmmm yum. Have a look at my journal if you feel like it, the link is below.

Im trying to do the math in my head but its hard and i just woke up, do you know what that is in ft or cms preferred I'm in Aus haha we don't really use inches (unless measuring snakes hahaha) Cool man sounds like you've got some good strains there, and yes 420 mag people are very helpful. Your tent looks heaps similar to mine which is 80x80x160 or in ft i think 2.5x2.5x5 I'm going to do 2. I think thats probably the most id personally say to do or at least i will do. Also are they 300w lights with actual draw of 150 each? I didn't know mars made 150s ? Crank that blueberry bro mmmmm yum. Have a look at my journal if you feel like it, the link is below.

Haha. My bad buddy. Yeah it's 1.5'x3'x5.2'. It's a decent size but I'm not sure the width is big enough. I'll make that choice after my first hopeful harvest. I just looked them up and your right they are 300w with 150w draw. Gotta love eBay man. Lol. And yeah man I'm excited for the blueberry deliciousness. I don't think the link worked though because I don't see one.

Quick question. Should I use distilled water when the plants just popping out or should I use spring water? I'm using distilled to germinate but not 100% sure what to use after the germ process. I've seen so many different opinions on the topic of watering so I was wondering what works for you guys? And when exactly should I start the nutrient schedule?
420-magazine-mobile924561409.jpg

Here's the schedule from the go box. It doesn't say anything about alternating every other week with plain water which is something I've heard and read should be done. Am I wrong on that part? And should I give it the amount of nutes as it says in week 1?

Hi:
Suggest no nutes just yet...maybe 1/4 strength in week or two..no rush for now.
When you do begin, suggest you alternate plain tap water then nute mixture in between waterings . Tap water is best left sitting overnight to rid it of any possible chlorine + plants do not like cold water!
Water at Room temp is better for nutrient uptake..remember, the ladies are being fed by the nutes in the soil for now. When you do feed your own nutes, start w/ 1/4 strength and gradually increase to full strength over a few feeds, assuming there are no adverse effects!
Remember these companies promote larger than needed amounts, since they want to sell you more!
LESS IS ALWAYS BETTER!
Forget the part about "week one" ...Different strains and phenoms require different schedules!
Good to have Cal/Mag on hand but only use if you have too...Tap water will contain the necessary Cal/Mag, unless you use either RO Water or distilled H2O
I am learning as I grow...:)
My 4 ladies as of 4/25/17..
Two tier Scrogged..Had to add more support (bamboo stalks) since they have overtaken both tiers..LOL
4-25-17.jpg

Edit: Pict today..5 days since the one above..OMG...they are getting Huuuge!(over 2 feet tall now..
4-30-17.jpg

Hi:
Suggest no nutes just yet...maybe 1/4 strength in week or two..no rush for now.
When you do begin, suggest you alternate plain tap water then nute mixture in between waterings . Tap water is best left sitting overnight to rid it of any possible chlorine + plants do not like cold water!
Water at Room temp is better for nutrient uptake..remember, the ladies are being fed by the nutes in the soil for now. When you do feed your own nutes, start w/ 1/4 strength and gradually increase to full strength over a few feeds, assuming there are no adverse effects!
Remember these companies promote larger than needed amounts, since they want to sell you more!
LESS IS ALWAYS BETTER!
Forget the part about "week one" ...Different strains and phenoms require different schedules!
Good to have Cal/Mag on hand but only use if you have too...Tap water will contain the necessary Cal/Mag, unless you use either RO Water or distilled H2O
I am learning as I grow...:)
My 4 ladies as of 4/25/17..
Two tier Scrogged..Had to add more support (bamboo stalks) since they have overtaken both tiers..LOL
4-25-17.jpg

So than what I'm getting from your advice is when I do start feeding my plant within the next couple of adding 1.25ml of the nutes suggested is what I'll put in than right? I'll probably wind up using spring water. That's what I was leaning toward at least. I don't trust the type of garbage that is put in tap water around here. Using spring water and following these guidelines do you think I should be checking ph? Nice setup by the way! I was thinking of doing some type of training once I get my first grow under my belt. I was looking toward manifolding. And thank you for the tips on watering.

I'd raise the filter to the upper most echelon of your tent and turn it to run front to back father than right to left. It will allow for more height for your light if needed. Also you could prob configure your lights in a different manner in order to overlap their footprints for better coverage and higher par levels. Other than that it looks like success in the making!!
Always pH! 25% dose level is a good benchmark then gradually up the dose until you see the tips just start burning and then back off. That'll set you up with your girls' limit.
Happy growing!

Thanx for the compliment!

Spring water is just fine but expensive! Always check ph before and after adding nutes.
Not as critical for soil though...Suggest a range of between 6.2-6.5 just before you water.
On advice from my local grow shop, I mix 25% tap water with the RO water ..No Cal/Mag needed as yet..

Check out the Edit I just made to the Picture in my last post to you...After only 5 days ,,growth and BUDS are exploding...
Using Can** Flores at 3/4 strength now Plus a Bloom Enhancer by Humbo** (garg..something LOL..too lazy to check I am!)

I'd raise the filter to the upper most echelon of your tent and turn it to run front to back father than right to left. It will allow for more height for your light if needed. Also you could prob configure your lights in a different manner in order to overlap their footprints for better coverage and higher par levels. Other than that it looks like success in the making!!
Always pH! 25% dose level is a good benchmark then gradually up the dose until you see the tips just start burning and then back off. That'll set you up with your girls' limit.
Happy growing!

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it out and unfortunately my tents not wide enough to face it front to back. It needs at least another inch so I put it back the way I had it but kinda organized it a bit. Now that you mentioned it though I feel like I might not have enough height space for my plant. I might try manifolding it on my first attempt. Go big or go home I guess. Only way I can see where it won't get as tall hopefully. Now with leds the manufacturer say to give about 24" of space between light and plant but since they run cooler can't I bring them closer? I'm trying to avoid any stretching since I'm limited in height.

Back
Top Bottom