First Grow, Indoor Soil LED Bagseed, Purple Kush Or Purple Haze

MrMango

Greetings All!

Im MrMango from the UK, this is my first attempt at a grow in over a decade and would love some help and input from the vastly experienced community here!:cheer:

Setup:
Black Orchid 80x80x160
Mars 300w Reflector 48
Digital timer 16/8
Digital temp/humidity meter
Manrose Mf100t 4”
RAM 4” 100/200 Carbon Filter
4" Canopy Fan (Fixed :straightface:)

Strain: Unknown genetics bagseed from a friend, meant to be purple haze or purple kush.

Medium:
Canna Terra Professional Plus+
Perlite 1:3
Charge at 1ml per 1l soil

Nutrients:
Canna Rhizotonic
Biobizz Grow
Biobizz Bloom
Biobizz TopMax
Charge

Seeds germinated in water on 21/03 for 24 hours before going straight into growing medium; 7 of 9 successful.

I'll sub in. Not any experience for you to draw off but I'm sure the pros will all look you up at some point and the info will come pouring in. Just at day 8 of my first grow. Some mystery seeds in soil. I'm going to do a coco grow on that journal starting this week just waiting for some more seeds to arrive. Feel you that no one around where I live grows either. This site will help.

21/03

Seeds germinated in mineral water for 24 hours placed in the airing cupboard.

IMG_2108_1_.JPG

IMG_2109_1_1.JPG

Nice when they finally hit the dirt. Did you wait for the tap root to appear before planting.

I waited till all the seeds had sunk in the water, didn't do any prep to the seeds by way of scratching.
All of them had split and produced a tap root but wasn't documented unfortunately. I had originally planned to use Jiffy pellets ahead of putting them in the medium but I was scared off after another poster said straight to soil would be more beneficial and had personally achieved a good hit rate with this method. (Please don't take it for gospel but ill certainly be experimenting when I get some new genetics in!)

05/04

Transplanted from the starter pots to some 3gal smart/fabric pots.
Id been away for 48hrs, returning home I was very worried I'd killed them as the leaves were really drooping and they were looking very sorry for themselves indeed. Beside myself with my actions I chose not to photograph for fear of being more like a post-mortem!

During the transplant one of the seedlings took a bit of a beating, it had a really underdeveloped root structure and never recovered. Down to 6.

Here they are post transplant
IMG_2169_1_1.JPG

12/04

Plants took a couple of days to settle after the transplant, but are looking much better for it... Hopefully no crash cart required! Many of the original seedling leaves and in some cases the next nodes leaf growth have been lost (from the weekend away or the transplant abuse?) New growth seems to be strong however.

Up until today they have been watered every 48 hours unless soil was still damp with plain tap water at PH 6.8

Todays feeding they were given their first dose of nutrients:
2l over the 6 pots
8ml Canna Rhizotonic
10ml Biobuzz grow
PH tested at 6.85

IMG_2183_1_.JPG
IMG_2188_1_1.JPG
IMG_2192_1_1.JPG

Charge top feed 18/04
10ml per pot
Made an attempt to FIM 5 out of 6 plants, growth on the 6th appears slower than the others so decided to leave it a bit longer

21/23c 61%

20/4
One set of leaves on one plant showing slight yellowing in centre of fan leaf; assumed nitro def, soil drier than expected.
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
21/23c 51%

420 fan pic and post FIM
IMG_2206_1_1.JPG
IMG_2214_1_1.JPG
IMG_2215_1_1.JPG
IMG_2216_1_1.JPG
IMG_2213_1_2.JPG

Im afraid this is where my photographic documentation got lazy/paranoid of location data.
WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU FOR 102875 HP!

Feeding 22/04
Yellowing seems to be reviving, more uniform pattern... recovered?
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
21/23c 50-60%

Feeding 24/04
Yellowing gone. Loads of new growth around lower nodes. FIM has produced four tops on two of the strong plants.
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
21/23c 18c nighttime 60-70%

26/04
Turned light full spectrum early evening to experiment with growth after following another thread.
Lots of growth from lower nodes, soil still damp at first knuckle. Slight stretch after light height increased by 2-3 inches.

27/04
Temps have increased upto a max of 24.7c growth seems improved despite holding off on feeding today.

Feeding 28/04
Plants a vibrant green, new growth going strong and new fan leaves showing. Added 1.5” of soil to top of pots (70:30 Canna Terra Pro & Perlite, pre treated with Charge. Light height brought up an inch. Runt plant catching up but still way behind, current structure makes it look male (tall & spindly with narrow but wide span fan leaves. Considering changing light cycle this weekend to stick to 3 month cycle though would have liked to veg longer given age height around 8-10 inches.
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
22-24c 19c nighttime 50-63%

IMG_222623.JPG

And to bring us right up to date...

Feeding 29/04
PREFLOWERS! First sign of preflowers on the plants today. Early guess suggests 4 females 1 male while the runt is too far behind to tell. Running to schedule to enter 36hr dark phase tomorrow. First feeding of bloom nutes mixed at half strength into regular grow nute mix. Decided to up amount of watering plants receive, soil underneath new top layer added yesterday a little dry.
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
5ml Biobizz bloom
5ml Biobizz topmax
22/24c 18c nighttime 68-72%

Feeding 01/05
Plants seem to be putting on a stretch over the weekend, have one well developed preflower which is 100% female, others seem to be coming to maturity also.
2l over 6 pots
8ml canna rhizotonic
10ml Biobizz grow
5ml Biobizz bloom
5ml Biobizz topmax
22/24c 18c nighttime 68-72%

DSC_019038.JPG
DSC_019128.JPG
DSC_019229.JPG
DSC_019334.JPG
DSC_019442.JPG
IMG_222322.JPG
IMG_223522.JPG
IMG_223627.JPG

Family Shot:
DSC_019534.JPG

I was planning to throw them into a dark cycle Tuesday (tomorrow) as they are getting on for 12 inches high and preflowers are definitely starting to show on most of the plants (if not at all nodes). Would really appreciate some advice here and any eagle eyed members that would like to help with sexing the plants!

I believe this is where it starts to get interesting!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom